Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem connecting to websites on Eircom

Options
  • 31-07-2015 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey Guys,

I have been having connectivity issues to many popular internet websites for the past few weeks and wanted to see if anybody else was having the same issues?

Some of the websites I cannot connect to are popular websites such as netflix and also the eircom community website

Is anybody else on Eircom having similar issues?

I can connect to them fine going out via a VPN, so it's not an issue on their side, it's only via a direct Eircom connection.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hey Guys,

I have been having connectivity issues to many popular internet websites for the past few weeks and wanted to see if anybody else was having the same issues?

Some of the websites I cannot connect to are popular websites such as netflix and also the eircom community website

Is anybody else on Eircom having similar issues?

I can connect to them fine going out via a VPN, so it's not an issue on their side, it's only via a direct Eircom connection.
    Hi DaHappyCamper

I can confirm that the eircom forum was down last week and has only this week been restored with an improved community forum.

It sounds as though your DNS settings may need to be looked in to however the best advice I can offer you in relation to this is to contact eircoms technical support team on free phone 1901 or via our Instant WebChat service here: www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DaHappyCamper

Thanks for the update Al.

I will try to contact via phone and give you an update

I did try via the chat link you have me, but there is nobody available.

When I go to the chat link you posted it says "Opening hours are 9am until 10pm. Monday to Friday and until 6pm at the weekend" but chat is offline right now (today is Saturday).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks for the update Al.

I will try to contact via phone and give you an update

I did try via the chat link you have me, but there is nobody available.

When I go to the chat link you posted it says "Opening hours are 9am until 10pm. Monday to Friday and until 6pm at the weekend" but chat is offline right now (today is Saturday).
    Hi DaHappyCamper

Sorry for the issues in reaching chat - I've flagged this to operations.

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement