Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So its about 5hrs on a flight from Manchester to Moscow. Not too bad.

Who's up for a trip? never been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Got to be Wolfsburg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Why can't we get Gent?

I'd qualify out of Group H

Trip to Germany anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United, PSV, CSKA Moscow and Wolfsburg.

Not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Coat22 wrote: »
    Got to be Wolfsburg

Bingo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Tough one, gotta be happy with the group overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Scratch that, that's another tricky group.

Should be OK, but...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Chelsea are so crooked lucky in these draws every season.

How hard is it to get away tickets to CL games?

Citeh's group is a dog - hopefully we're at home to Moscow while they're away to Juve the week before the derby

J. Marston wrote: »
    Chelsea are so crooked lucky in these draws every season.

They seem to always go to Porto and Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Not a bad group. Could have been much worse.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Should have the ability to get out of that group easy enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

weve got to top that group with the minefields that could be waiting for us in the 16's....

should be capable, but Wolfsburg is going to be a tricky one. we got the one of the best possible 1st and 3rd seeds, but got the worst 4th seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

KJTLOJd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Good group in terms of what was the possibilities, still every team you play now is good.

City got a nightmare of a group!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Not a bad group at all. Could have been a whole lot worse. It's tricky but well capable of topping the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

If de bryune goes it weakens them alot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Good group in terms of what was the possibilities, still every team you play now is good.

City got a nightmare of a group!

They always seem to get a tough group

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hococop wrote: »
    If de bryune goes it weakens them alot

We should push to buy him then :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

ourselves and chelsea got good groups. arsenal and man city got tough groups. group of death is psg and madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

I've only remembered now that we faced Wolfsburg back in 09 and beat them 2-1 at home and 3-1 away with Owen getting a hat trick and Obertan ripping them a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Damn, an early kick-off in Moscow too.

Not an easy place to go... Draw started off nice then went kinda :-/

That's a quick return to PSV for Memphis. He better skin them alive! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Roquentin wrote: »
    ourselves and chelsea got good groups. arsenal and man city got tough groups. group of death is psg and madrid

Surely City are in the group of death ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,764 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Roquentin wrote: »

Not really. It will be a fight to see who gets top spot, but little chance of Shaktar or Malmo causing any problems to PSG or RM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

do we know then the games are played?

• Advertisement

• Happy with that draw, gives us a great chance to top the group

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    do we know then the games are played?

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2016/competitionformat/

Matchday 1, 15th & 16th September, just follow the link at it'll tell ya everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Lads when are the game weeks confirmed for when we play at home???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

A very decent draw, but we will still have to be at our best to qualify. None of the away legs will be easy so we will need to take 9 from 9 at home, home form will be key for the qualifying teams.

Kuszczak; Gibson, Carrick, Fletcher, Evra; Nani, Anderson, Scholes, Park; Owen, Welbeck is the team we used to beat Wolfsburg 3-1.

Yes, that was the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

RobertKK wrote: »
    Kuszczak; Gibson, Carrick, Fletcher, Evra; Nani, Anderson, Scholes, Park; Owen, Welbeck is the team we used to beat Wolfsburg 3-1.

Yes, that was the team.

in fairness not the worst team

in fairness not the worst team

It was not a very defensively minded team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

It was not a very defensively minded team.

9 attackers and 1 park to cover the rest of the pitch seems fine with me!

So will the Moscow away game be on early compared to the usual 7:45 kick off time?

edit it was 5pm kick off when city played them.

So will the Moscow away game be on early compared to the usual 7:45 kick off time?

edit it was 5pm kick off when city played them.

we beat them 1-0 a few years back with a late late goal from valencia and it was an early kick off also.

• Advertisement

Homer, and anyone else who might know; Would it be tough for non-season ticket holders to get access to tickets for the Wolfsburg and/or Eindhoven away matches?

Any input would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

stankratz wrote: »
    Homer, and anyone else who might know; Would it be tough for non-season ticket holders to get access to tickets for the Wolfsburg and/or Eindhoven away matches?

At a guess, your best chance would be trying to buy a home section ticket, you have absolutely zero chance of being in the United section.

stankratz wrote: »

ya, our away support is insane.

there was 100s in Brugge last night without a ticket and we got 1690 tickets. we normally sell out Euro aways, especially in mainland europe

i can apply for you if you want and get the other lads to do also, but its hit and miss and no guarantee i would be able to get them especially as they are games thats very very accessible from the UK. another problem is that they clamp down alot and its collect with id to clamp down on lads banned from UK games, going to aways under different supporters tickets so even if i got them, no guarantee id be allowed to get it unless its after a home game and i collect at old trafford in person.

lads also can get the train to both places so again i think they will enforce the id rule.

thelad95 wrote: »
    At a guess, your best chance would be trying to buy a home section ticket, you have absolutely zero chance of being in the United section.

Reckoned as much. I wouldn't mind sitting in the home section. It wouldn't be a patch on getting to sit amongst the United bunch I know but I'd still like to get to one of the games in Germany or the Netherlands.

Fúck it, might just go and get my ticket for the final now :pac:

ya, our away support is insane.

there was 100s in Brugge last night without a ticket. we normally sell our Euro aways.

i can apply for you if you want and get the other lads to do also, but its hit and miss and no guarantee i would be able to get them especially as they are games thats very very accessible from the UK. another problem is that they clamp down alot and its collect with id to clamp down on lads banned from UK games, going to aways under different supporters tickets.

lads also can get the train to both places so again i think they will enforce the id rule.

"100s without tickets" - So basically the chances of picking up a ticket outside the stadium are zero. Thanks for offering to seek one out, hopefully when the dates are announced at least one of them will suit me and I can see about the next step.

I imagine with the other away match being in Moscow, many United fans will be looking to go to those more accessible games against PSV and Wolfsburg and tickets will be even scarcer. Both those teams have a devout fanbase who will probably relish the home fixture against a club of United's prestige. I can't imagine the sight of sections of empty, unsold seats at either of these games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

So on Monday will we have Gareth bale while saying farewell to de gea and if de gea goes will we need a new keeper immediately or do you think van gaal is happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Herrera: "If the manager wants me to play I am going to be ready, if the manager wants me to wait, I am going to wait. I am a team player."

https://twitter.com/forevruntd/status/636912741152768000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I personally dont mind Romero much. I could accept having him as #1 for a season.

I personally dont mind Romero much. I could accept having him as #1 for a season.

theres going to be alot of games this season where we our keeper wont have alot to do like the first 5 games and Romero wont have alot to do.

its the likes of Liverpool, City and a few away games where we need DDG though to be the difference.

delighted with Romero though, he couldnt have had a better start. Sunday will be a test for him though, its a really tough game.

• Advertisement

More from Herrera;
    "I am realistic and sincere, and this is the way I think I am going to get my chance. I think I try to help my teammates, I try to offer myself. I'm a team player, I don't think about me, I think about the team. I'm happy playing. If I've to play holding midfielder I'll do. If I've to play as No.10 I try to help the team scoring, assisting. I think it is dependable of the game & the opponent. But I say always the same, I will play where my manager wants me to play."
    He has a great attitude in fairness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement