Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

jayo26 wrote: »
    If lvg plays herrera at number 10 he is by far the best option we have at the club he makes up the lack of pace deeper in midfield an he has the creativity and ability to play one twos and change position with the wingers.

Then as our second choice number 10 we have a big lump of a battering ram that we can lump balls into from the wings and he can head them down or take them othe chest and also has the first touch to bring passes under control.
    Mata is the best option for No.10 at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

I'd say Evans and De Gea will leave and unless we stump up for Mané I doubt we'll see anyone else join.

It will be pretty astonishing if this happens, given it will mean we'll have made a profit in the window and that there was supposedly 150m available to be spent.

Regarding the window, I'll still think our squad has improved, but there'll very much be the feeling that it could have been so much better and the hope that we should be in the position to buy 2 100m players in the not too distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I would like us to get Aymeric Laporte to partner Smalling. Laporte has shown his class again and again against top strikers and must be on Messi's most hated list of defenders.
    If we get him we would be most solid in defense.
    Bayern Munich are rumoured to want him before the transfer window closes to replace Dante.
    Chelsea being linked too.
    United should move for him, he can be like Rio for us, costly but overall more than worth it.

Then to take pressure off Rooney, we need a forward who can score a lot of goals. Question remains...who? I just can't see United risking a season by only having Rooney who is possible of 20 plus goals. This for me guarantees a signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I'm actually warming to the idea that Mata will continue to play from the wide areas, he seems to get a fair bit of space there just drifting about the place, and with Darmian being so solid he can afford to do it a bit more. I'm not totally convinced he wouldn't get pushed and bossed around if he were in the middle.

Would like to see Herrera in the number 10 role for the weekend, he has that bit of bite too that would check the defensive box talked about in that article from the Guardian.

Fellaini then for plan B.
    I reckon the talk around Fellaini at no. 10 is far too simplistic in terms of 'hoofing it up to him'...we could get a lot of joy from him holding up good balls played to him on both the floor and on the chest with the likes of Mata, Rooney and Depay running in and around that space, not to mention the space he would create for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Liam O wrote: »

He aint if lvg wants him on the right. I do agree with ya but for whatever reason lvg dont and it was same last seaon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Liam O wrote: »

Past his best ;)

juan-mata-second-goal-liverpool-manchester-united.gif?w=626&h=342
    SnarlingPerkyAustraliancattledog.gif
    EdibleLimpAngwantibo.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Pro. F wrote: »
    From the guardian article linked a few pages back:

This might possibly explain why Van Gaal doesn't play Mata at 10. Not that Januzaj is at all notable for his workrate, but maybe he's just a stopgap until Fellaini gets back or a new signing comes in.

Edit: link to full article

What I wouldn't give for a 25 year old Litmanen to be at 10 for us. Was one of my favourite players growing up. Pity the f*cker joined the Pool then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Trond wrote: »
    Do people really think the Pedro deal collapsed over a couple of million euro?

To me anyway its obvious the player had doubts about LVG. Obviously the club aren't going to relay that as the reason officially so the money angle is pushed but looking at our dealings over the last 2 years I 100% don't believe we weren't prepared to pay an additional 2million

Nope I think ed might have been trying to sign but van gaal was pushed at all and the transfer fee that Chelsea paid was that not down to the same we offered, where would he have played instead of Depay or mata, we would had to get rid of players to sign him.

He's a great player but not what we require.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Nope I think ed might have been trying to sign but van gaal was pushed at all and the transfer fee that Chelsea paid was that not down to the same we offered, where would he have played instead of Depay or mata, we would had to get rid of players to sign him.

He's a great player but not what we require.

A Griezmann would make more sense played as a striker or second striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Past his best ;)
    the 3rd one was offside :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Balague live Q & A..

Laporte

"Laporte is wanted by Bayern Munich. He renewed his contract and now his buy out clause is 50 million euros which Athletic Bilbao will not negotiate. I feel Manchester United do not feel he is worth that much money."

Neymar & de Gea

"Barcelona insist not only that has been not offer, but also that they are not selling. Other sources will say that there has been an offer and that Barcelona are not selling... yet, but that United might be able to convince them for next season. It is all down to his contract, still 3 years left and he wants the biggest deal possible in the next one he signs. On De Gea: he feels, and so does Real Madrid, that the deal will happen. But United insist he is not going anywhere. That will go down to the wire."

Griezmann

"Neither Atletico Madrid nor Griezmann expect any offer arriving in the next few days and Atletico have got no intention whatsoever to let him go."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Poor Sam Johnston car stolen when away in Belgium.

On another note are we accepting 30,000,000 from Madrid.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Poor Sam Johnston car stolen when away in Belgium.

On another note are we accepting 30,000,000 from Madrid.

Heard that 30 million rumour earlier it came from the metro so i ignored it but if we get that for him no1 can laugh at how they handled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Trond wrote: »
    Do people really think the Pedro deal collapsed over a couple of million euro?

To me anyway its obvious the player had doubts about LVG. Obviously the club aren't going to relay that as the reason officially so the money angle is pushed but looking at our dealings over the last 2 years I 100% don't believe we weren't prepared to pay an additional 2million

Obvious based on what exactly? United were interested from what we seen, we dont know what the conversation looked like behind closed doors. Pedro I am sure would have gotten some feedback from Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and Mata around what Van Gaal was like. From what these guys have said in the past they have been complimentary of him.

There are numerous reasons Pedro could have chosen Chelsea over United like Location, his missus, and for all we know Chelsea offered a bigger wedge of cash in his pay packet.

We really dont know why he didnt sign for United but blaming LVG is probably the least likely IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Past his best ;)

juan-mata-second-goal-liverpool-manchester-united.gif?w=626&h=342
    SnarlingPerkyAustraliancattledog.gif
    EdibleLimpAngwantibo.gif

I was unsure whether to get the new jersey and who to get on the back but you have persuaded me to get Mata on the jersey.

I seen people here talking about sites for cheap jerseys the other day can anybody recommend a site?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Hmm....

Might be a couple more signing yet......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I was unsure whether to get the new jersey and who to get on the back but you have persuaded me to get Mata on the jersey.

I seen people here talking about sites for cheap jerseys the other day can anybody recommend a site?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055921170/614/#post96741856

The lads on this thread have a few sites. Got one last year and it was prefect......... Bar having di maria on the back :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Hmm....

Might be a couple more signing yet......

Do you hear something?

Marca have done a negative piece on Ed Woodward, saying he has failed in the transfer market.

It is being seen as Madrid being upset they haven't got their way with De Gea.
    While the Spanish daily has some valid points, much of the apparent frustration in this article stems from the Premier League club’s refusal to bow down to the mighty Real Madrid.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/woodward-is-naive-after-inexplicable-failure-to-complete

• Advertisement

Pilib de Brún ‏@Malachians 11m
    Talking to @MOgdenTelegraph right now, saying a lot of suggestions that deal is in place for Ajax GK Cillessen

Seen the above mentioned elsewhere this week.....

Also reading rumours of something else in the pipeline...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Pilib de Brún ‏@Malachians 11m
    Talking to @MOgdenTelegraph right now, saying a lot of suggestions that deal is in place for Ajax GK Cillessen

Seen the above mentioned elsewhere this week.....

Also reading rumours of something else in the pipeline...

id prefer romero to stay in goal dont rate cillessen at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Rumours of Draxler? Any actual substance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Was looking at Robben's stats there, he only played 21 league games last season. Just thinking maybe there is some small truth in Bayerm looki g to cash in if United offered silly money, like they did with Basti (although it seems as if the fee for him was a steal).

He managed 17 league goals in those 21 games btw.

Andy Goldstein MBE ‏@andygoldstein05 14m14 minutes ago
    If what I've just been told is true, Man Utd will defo have a new number 9 in this window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Was looking at Robben's stats there, he only played 21 league games last season. Just thinking maybe there is some small truth in Bayerm looki g to cash in if United offered silly money, like they did with Basti (although it seems as if the fee for him was a steal).

He managed 17 league goals in those 21 games btw.

Are Bayerns cast offs really our level now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

RobertKK wrote: »
    Marca have done a negative piece on Ed Woodward, saying he has failed in the transfer market.

It is being seen as Madrid being upset they haven't got their way with De Gea.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/woodward-is-naive-after-inexplicable-failure-to-complete

Well if Marca said it then he must be doing ok. I could just as easily put together a piece on Florentino Perez and all the mistakes he's made. Stinks of Perez getting Marca to try make a joke of Woodward and the club because he's pissed off at the De Gea transfer and/or the British press presentation of him over the Ramos issue.

Fergie was right about him and that club.

robben down the right... now that would be class

bangkok wrote: »

For a year until he needs replacing and we're back to square 1 again.

What price would you put on him though he aint class enough to pay silly money for.

Id pay about 25 million hopefully get 2 good seasons out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Rumours of Draxler? Any actual substance?

Surprised he hasn't gone to the PL already. Great talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

What price would you put on him though he aint class enough to pay silly money for.

At 31 years old, no more than £12-15m.

That paper rumour of €100m bid for him was even more laughable than the Neymar bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The Madrid superiority complex displayed in Marca is laughable. LA Liga is a glorified SPL, the financing is as dodgy as he'll in that league and they expect to just take any player they want from any other club in world football.
    Obviously De Gea wants to go home to Madrid, but a line has to be drawn in the sand. Madrid won't pay what he is worth so there is little to be gained in giving in to their bully tactics. It would be nice for De Gea to make an effort and act professionally should he stay, however you could be guaranteed there will be Madrid people advising him to leak stories of mistreatment at United etc... over the course of the season. We have to put a stop to being seen as a stepping stone to Real Madrid once and for all.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Madrid's refusal to pay the few extra million for DDG is pathetic and embarrassing.

£20-25m and next summer sign Bale

£20-25m and next summer sign Bale

25m for a 32 yr old winger? really?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

for robben id say about 14-16 million

Schwiiing wrote: »
    25m for a 32 yr old winger? really?

31 year old. world class player he is not going to go for less than that

31 year old. world class player he is not going to go for less than that

he's 32 in the middle of this season. no chance of recouping any of what is a sizable outlay for any player. Schweinsteiger is in a similiar situation and he was less than 10m. Big club cast offs that are about to go over the hill are not what we need.

he's 32 in the middle of this season. no chance of recouping any of what is a sizable outlay for any player. Schweinsteiger is in a similiar situation and he was less than 10m. Big club cast offs that are about to go over the hill are not what we need.

if robben was one of our deadline day transfers for 20m it would be a fantastic signing. Real pace down the right hand side and mata can play no10 then

if robben was one of our deadline day transfers for 20m it would be a fantastic signing. Real pace down the right hand side and mata can play no10 then

If a peak 28 yr old Vidal is 28m then a 31+ Robben is 10-12m tops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Andy Goldstein MBE ‏@andygoldstein05 14m14 minutes ago
    If what I've just been told is true, Man Utd will defo have a new number 9 in this window.

A notorious bullshítter. Don't believe a word he says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Adnan is injured and wont be playing against Swansea apparently. Herrera time!

He wouldnt really be a cast off tho he is still one of the best wingers in europe and still very fast if we got 2 years of his level out of him he would be good value for 25 million and if we won something in them two years he would be a bargain.

If bayern wanted to sell him and he wanted to move well yeh about 15 million be good price for him but if they didnt and we wanted him to fill an important hole in the team you would have to pay a bit over the price. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

keane2097 wrote: »
    Madrid's refusal to pay the few extra million for DDG is pathetic and embarrassing.

My absolute favourite post ever. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

keane2097 wrote: »

Well bloody said

So Ed is too cheap to pay a few million extra for Pedro and too stingy to accept a couple of million less for DDG....

Wish some people would compliment for not bending over and taking it from Real, instead of the crap some people are posting about him..

Marca, I wouldn't wipe my a**e with its so flimsy

As for RM they really do have a superiority complex issue..
    Poor us, Manchester United won't give us what we want.... waaaahhhhhhh waaaaaahhhhhhhh waaaaaahhhhhhh

Take a f****ng bow Ed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Adnan is injured and wont be playing against. Swansea apparently. Herrera time!

dr_evil_austin_powers.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

GSPfan wrote: »
    My absolute favourite post ever. Thank you.

It's the first in a new series I'm doing titled "Why aren't overstimulated people hysterically saying this in the United thread?"

Boss to #MUTV on Herrera: "I had a theoretical scheme in my head that he could play at no.10 and he did it well against Brugge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Keep them coming. Loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

He wouldnt really be a cast off tho he is still one of the best wingers in europe and still very fast if we got 2 years of his level out of him he would be good value for 25 million and if we won something in them two years he would be a bargain.

If bayern wanted to sell him and he wanted to move well yeh about 15 million be good price for him but if they didnt and we wanted him to fill an important hole in the team you would have to pay a bit over the price. Just my opinion.

You will never get 2 good years from a 31/32 year old winger. Not to mention the fact that there's plenty of rumours about how he was able to keep his pace and avoid injury so long as his age, considering his initial very injury prone start.

Would be a complete waste. Winger is probably the position most prone to ageing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement