Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Two ex ManUtd players playing for vallecano tonight, manucho and bebe!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

interesting from Balague on sky now, Utd want €40m for de gea, madrid want navas to move as part of the deal and pay around 30m, problem is navas doesnt want to move and madrid dont want to pay 40m....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

bangkok wrote: »
    interesting from Balague on sky now, Utd want €40m for de gea, madrid want navas to move as part of the deal and pay around 30m, problem is navas doesnt want to move and madrid dont want to pay 40m....

Very small time of them to be so tight about 10 million euro. Perhaps they don't have the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

madcabbage wrote: »
    Does this mean that we wont be seeing more of the lovely Helen on MUTV? :(

I hope she keeps her MUTV job. Herself and David May make a good presenting pair.

Sand wrote: »
    Very small time of them to be so tight about 10 million euro. Perhaps they don't have the money?

There was talk Real Madrid couldn't afford a Galactico this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Sand wrote: »

id say it because they can just wait a year and sign him for free. Navas is good keeper they have already and just saved a peno now so they might not see the need to pay the money this season

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Opps thanks for the heads up, that slipped in there, so used to posting it on Facebook.

You cant keep relying in the Glazers, they will sell soon when they have the leveraged loan paid off (remember they have been bleeding 50 mill from Utd since they took over and that will never be seen again).

You just have to hope that some oil rich Family are mad enough to buy Utd otherwise it will be another leveraged buy out saddling even more debt to Utd.

English football is sick and is nearing the end of a massive bubble that will burst in the next 5-10 years and some BIG club will turn into the English version of Glasgow Rangers, that could be Liverpool as easy as Utd, Chelsea or City but Utd are the looking like the most likely.

The Spanish and German models are far more sustainable as the clubs are owned by the fans and all profits are put back into the club, the 2 prime candidates for making money for their owners and too sell on for leverage buyers are Liverpool and Utd.

These are the facts, all bubbles burst as we are more than familiar with in this country.

Thanks for the facts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

bangkok wrote: »
    id say it because they can just wait a year and sign him for free. Navas is good keeper they have already and just saved a peno now so they might not see the need to pay the money this season

Sad to think they can just wait it out and get a world class keeper for nothing and probably sell Navas for a tidy sum too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

These are the facts, all bubbles burst as we are more than familiar with in this country.

You should really Google the definition of a fact. Then while your at it spend a lot more time researching the topic you just talked about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Not a discussion about facts, that is so 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Smell of troll in here this evening.

Hope we get good result against swansea tomorrow they are the new fullham to us lately but if we can geat a win from them it sets us up nicely for the inter break and 10 points from 4 games i dont care who we played thats good result all day long.

City are gonna take some work to beat tho i know its early and all that but they have played 4 won 4 and scored ten while conceding zero that its a perfect start by anyones standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Sad to think they can just wait it out and get a world class keeper for nothing and probably sell Navas for a tidy sum too.

Why is that sad? Would it not be more sad if human beings didn't have the freedom to move employer at the end of their contract?

Why is that sad? Would it not be more sad if human beings didn't have the freedom to move employer at the end of their contract?

It's sad that, as big as we think we are as a club, we have no pull among the worlds elite players.

Do you not think its sad that they can disrupt a player with a year to go on his contract safe in yhe knowledge that they can get him for free this time next year??

Its not right that we have a player tied to a contract for another year that will have to pay a substantial amount of money too and cant rely on him as we would another player because he will always have on his mind the move he will make next year.

People talking about the way united handled it but what should they do? Just step aside and say here madrid take our best player from last two years and not expect a fight fuk that.

Johnny evans moved for reported 12 million with same contract because westbrom were respectful enough to pay a decent fee for an international defender, Madrid have been allowed fuk other clubs around or too long if we make them wait for a year to get their man well so be it at least we didnt stand to one side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Ah jaysus, howaya Benny
    Utd do look good for 4th

goodnewseveryone.png
    they'll do well to finish 4th.

Futurama.jpeg
    it'll be a test for sure to see how the defence handles Gomez

I'd be more concerned about Gomis.
    These are the facts

There's a fine line between fact and vomit, and unfortunately, everything you've posted in this thread has very much fallen into the latter category.

• Advertisement

Any miniscule chance of Bale is officially gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

Sad but true.....

That was some second goal :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Ah come on. Was never a chance.

Same for Muller.

Muller was asked about Van Gaal, he said LVG has not contacted him and he knows nothing about a move.
    Again he didn't say he wasn't interested in a move or that he wanted to stay.
    All summer he has left his options open with comments that give nothing away.

During the match earlier they talked about Muller to the premier league and the commentators believed he would be interested in a move, but very unlikely after Schweinsteiger having left.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Muller was asked about Van Gaal, he said LVG has not contacted him and he knows nothing about a move.
    Again he didn't say he wasn't interested in a move or that he wanted to stay.
    All summer he has left his options open with comments that give nothing away.

During the match earlier they talked about Muller to the premier league and the commentators believed he would be interested in a move, but very unlikely after Schweinsteiger having left.

Id say it's totally paper talk the player is probably been truthful saying he has no contact or any intrest in a move.

There are certain payers that are suited to certain clubs like messi is barca and gerrard was liverpool and giggs and nevile and scholes were united i think muller is bayern and has no reason to leave.

Managers come and go but he will be there until he retires or he wants a new challenge like bastian.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Id say it's totally paper talk the player is probably been truthful saying he has no contact or any intrest in a move.

There are certain payers that are suited to certain clubs like messi is barca and gerrard was liverpool and giggs and nevile and scholes were united i think muller is bayern and has no reason to leave.

Managers come and go but he will be there until he retires or he wants a new challenge like bastian.

You make good points, but maybe he wanted to play his 200th Bundesliga game before a move...

But yeah would be amazed if he was leaving Bayern.
    United would have to pay a record fee for him so Bayern could justify it. Which makes it unlikely.
    Maybe next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

If we do sign another player, it wont be from Barca, Real or Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The back pages are very scarce on United stories for a change,only mention is De Gea to Madrid on Monday.

Maybe it's a sign something is happening behind the scenes and the club have it under wraps.......Or maybe I'm completely wrong and we're sticking with what we have.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    If we do sign another player, it wont be from Barca, Real or Bayern.

How about the second team in madrid a french winger come center forward??

We probably end up with no1 but i still think we are tons stronger then we were last year, our defense looks alot better our midfield is definitely better and yeh we lost 2 from our forward line but falcao and rvp didnt contribute a critical amount last year that others cant pick up the difference.

Choo choo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Unrelated to transfer talk.

United cup shirts are available on Man Utd store now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Headshot wrote: »
    wow Pato is a washed up has been that has been destroyed by injuries

Nonsense.. when have you seen him last?

That's like saying when Giggs or Michael Owen when he was younger that they were washed up because they took time. Move didn't work out, he went back and adapted his game because the Serie A didn't suit him. Just because he had to go back to Brazil and take time off doesn't mean he's worse, he's actually a much better player for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Ah come on. Was never a chance.

Same for Muller.

Agree 100% and there is no doubt we explored it and were told the same.

zerks wrote: »
    The back pages are very scarce on United stories for a change,only mention is De Gea to Madrid on Monday. Maybe it's a sign something is happening behind the scenes and the club have it under wraps.......Or maybe I'm completely wrong and we're sticking with what we have.
    I think you are correct. Independent say we get £29 million for De Gea, no deal for Bale. The Mail claim Hernandez is closing in on a move to Bayer Leverkusen. While the Sunday Telegraph say we are interested in signing Draxler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Off topic but an interesting stat, out of 38 Premier League games so far this season, there have only been 7 home wins (17 away wins and 14 draws)

Bit weird how teams are struggling at home so far.

Off topic but an interesting stat, out of 38 Premier League games so far this season, there have only been 7 home wins (17 away wins and 14 draws)

Bit weird how teams are struggling at home so far.

You're more likely to see inconsistencies at the start of season. Especially after 2-3 games.

I would wait longer before you start looking for patterns.

• Advertisement

With talk of Chico getting permission to leave the club, I read a point made elsewhere about this time last season; Shortly after Danny Welbeck was told that he could leave, Falcao was brought in.

Of course, that might be reaching a bit in terms of me hoping that a new ST is brought in in the next few days, but if it is true that Chico is on the way out that does leave us short up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If Chico is allowed to leave then we MUST get another striker in, If Rooney takes a knock and is out for a few months we're fcuked

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

What a start to the season.

4 games played, Liverpool scored 2 goals. (1 legitimate goal and I from Benteke)
    Arsenal scored 3 goals. 1 from Benteke and 2 OGs
    ManUtd scored 2 goals in 3 games. 1 from Januzaj and 1 OG.

On the other end, Chelsea conceded 9 goals in 4 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    What a start to the season.

4 games played, Liverpool scored 2 goals. (1 legitimate goal and I from Benteke)
    Arsenal scored 3 goals. 1 from Benteke and 2 OGs
    ManUtd scored 2 goals in 3 games. 1 from Januzaj and 1 OG.

On the other end, Chelsea conceded 9 goals in 4 games.

Giroud you mean for Arsenal!! Coutinho was the other scorer for Pool

Trilla wrote: »
    Giroud you mean for Arsenal!! Coutinho was the other scorer for Pool

Yeah typo.. Thanks man..

Btw this transfer window we have negligible net spend. Good to see club being sensible planned or unplanned.

Lot of deadwood is cleared, Wages saved. Now in very healthy position too.

Transfers IN
    Schneiderlin - 24M
    Depay - 22M
    Darmian - 12M
    Schweinsteiger - 6M
    Romero - 0

Total: 64 Million

Transfers Out:
    Di Maria - 44M
    RVP - 4M
    Nani - 4M
    Rafael - 2M
    Henriquez - 1M
    Evans - 8M

Total: 63 Million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

And if rumours are true then both De Gea (£29m) and Chico (£5m+) will also occur soon. I wonder if anyone is coming in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Selling Hernandez without buying anyone would be a disaster.

I hope the media are wrong with this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If Chico is off we are definitely getting a new striker in.

His body language did look way off against Brugge. Should have been rearing to score against a poor side.

Instead looked a bit sulky and whiffed a peno and an open goal.

• Advertisement

And if rumours are true then both De Gea (£29m) and Chico (£5m+) will also occur soon. I wonder if anyone is coming in?

https://twitter.com/IndyFootball/status/637731420945813504

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Am officially not visiting this forum until Tuesday evening as transfer deadline day comes to a close.
    Don't need to read the obvious from people that we need another CB,a pacy right sided midfielder AND an old fashioned CF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

So what about today? Anyone really fancy us for the win? I genuinely think draw would be a decent result and i shouldn't be thinking like that at all. Smalling's been very good so far,if he can take care of Gomis we'll be halfway there and Darmian could have a big test in Montero. Hopefully Rooney's turned the corner but i doubt it:(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Am officially not visiting this forum until Tuesday evening as transfer deadline day comes to a close.
    Don't need to read the obvious from people that we need another CB,a pacy right sided midfielder AND an old fashioned CF.

Thanks for letting us know.

So what about today? Anyone really fancy us for the win? I genuinely think draw would be a decent result and i shouldn't be thinking like that at all. Smalling's been very good so far,if he can take care of Gomis we'll be halfway there and Darmian could have a big test in Montero. Hopefully Rooney's turned the corner but i doubt it:(.

Yep a draw will be a decent result.

Swansea have looked very decent again this season so far.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Thanks for letting us know.

Should we tell him about the potential for Kate Upton GIF's? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Btw this transfer window we have negligible net spend. Good to see club being sensible planned or unplanned.

Lot of deadwood is cleared, Wages saved. Now in very healthy position too.

Transfers IN
    Schneiderlin - 24M
    Depay - 22M
    Darmian - 12M
    Schweinsteiger - 6M
    Romero - 0

Total: 64 Million

Transfers Out:
    Di Maria - 44M
    RVP - 4M
    Nani - 4M
    Rafael - 2M
    Henriquez - 1M
    Evans - 8M

Total: 63 Million

Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger & Darmian are equal to 1 Di Maria.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger & Darmian are equal to 1 Di Maria.

Don't forget Romero! :D

That's one way of looking at it I suppose but if that ends up being all the business done this window, sensible would be the last word I would use to describe it.

Hopefully some more additions in the next couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Just watching Sunday supplement and they're saying the Spanish transfer window closes at midnight tomorrow. If we don't see De Gea at the game today he's probably gone.

Hopefully not.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement