Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hilarious how every time we struggle Rooney is the fall guy

He got absolutely **** all service in the first half

Half time 0-0 away from home to a very good Swansea side

feel there was a couple of half chances he could have done better with, and you would expect a world class striker to do better with - but yeah, the service isn't good enough again. Far too slow, far too predictable, far too easy to defend against. Not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

up to this summer, we have spent huge money over 5 windows, and we still don't have a side capable of winning the title. How much time do we need to at least put the squad in place?

Why could we not have added the striker and winger (arguably) required this summer? Why wait til next summer to do so - we've spent nothing (net) this summer so is it that United don't want to add the players or they are penny pinching and back to Glazernomics? Or is there some weird arguement that there is a maximum number of players you can/should sign in a summer?

Yes, we have improved at right back and in central midfield. In terms of options we are worse off in the attacking third and considerably worse in our goal keeper situation.

If we had kept RVP and Nani, I'd be happy with the signings we have made and I reckon we could give it a good go - but we let both go for peanuts. They may not have made a significant contribution, but I'd have been a lot more comfortable if they were available to us rather than their replacements: No one. I'd even be ok if it had ment Pereira and Wilson were going to be given a signficant role in the first team/squad - but we've struggled in attack this season and we've seen zero of either. We've strugged for goals in the league and Wilson/Chico have a total of 23mins in the league - does that scream LVG is confident in either of them?

Over 5 windows is just being dramatic here. Players hardly move in Jan window and you can't always get players you want in Jan window for many reasons. And this is 3rd window for Van Gaal, not 5th.

We needed more than just striker and winger and we signed many players. Maybe for Van Gaal striker was not high on the list or maybe there wasn't striker available who tick all the boxes for Van Gaal.

We are not worse off in attacking dept, RVP, Falcao contributed **** all last season and we have Hernandez back which you always ignore and you don't even respond when someone asked this to you twice. Nani was not in the squad and we have signed Depay.

Also 23 mins for Hernandez and Wilson is just to make it sound dramatic. We have played just 3 league games and Hernandez missed full preseason and didn't play single min of the game when season started.

It's easy to replace 3-4 players but when you are changing whole squad it needs at least more than 3 windows.

There is no limit to the number of players we can sign but also that doesn't mean we will end up signing players media just reports to fill column inches.

Also think Gomis has shown why I don't like the thought of Blind at centre back - taking advantage of his lack of strength and pace. As I have said, Blind has done well so far this season but top level forwards would be delighted to see him at centre back.

Giggsy11 wrote: »

We are not worse off in attacking dept, RVP, Falcao contributed **** all last season and we have Hernandez back which you always ignore and you don't even respond when someone asked this to you twice. Nani was not in the squad and we have signed Depay.

Also 23 mins for Hernandez and Wilson is just to make it sound dramatic. We have played just 3 league games and Hernandez missed full preseason and didn't play single min of the game when season started.

A here - i've not ignored it - i've answered it (whether you like my answer or not) and I'm fed up giving the same answer.

Yes, Falcao and RVP contributed little but:

Both were considered better options than Chico by LVG last season.
    What did Chico do for Madrid (in a far better attack) last season that shows him to have done better than RVP or Falcao? In fact, he scored less goals, in more appearances than RVP.

so in 270 mins of PL football up to today, 3 of which LVG said he was using a second striker rather than a third midfielder, he didn't play either player you would have to argue he is happy with as 2nd and 3rd choice striker. So Romero can play because Cope America was enough pre-season but Hernandez can't because the Copa America wasn't enough pre-season? What is the excuse that Wilson can't get on the pitch then? If we take 'not good enough' off the list becasue if we don't need a striker surely you can't argue he isn't good enough.

Hernandez isn't good enough and Wilson has proved nothing and not been given much of a shot by LVG either.

GO ON MATA!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hilarious how every time we struggle Rooney is the fall guy

He got absolutely **** all service in the first half

Half time 0-0 away from home to a very good Swansea side

Has Rooney made great runs that I haven't seen, to get chances he needs to move and he ain't. If we had gomis up front we'd have 2 or 3 goals, bring on Hernandez and take off Rooney and we will see a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Wouldn't swap Luke Shaw for any other left-back in the league.

Absolute monster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

JamboMac wrote: »
    Has Rooney made great runs that I haven't seen, to get chances he needs to move and he ain't. If we had gomis up front we'd have 2 or 3 goals, bring on Hernandez and take off Rooney and we will see a difference.

Like against Brugges?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ruining our attacks isn't good enough for Wayne, he needs to set up counters for the opposition too.

Useless lump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Swansea fans see games against United as a guaranteed three points.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Jonny Evans did not die for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ruining our attacks isn't good enough for Wayne, he needs to set up counters for the opposition too.

Useless lump.

Great post, and great team support. Swansea still had plenty to do to score there but why not blame it all on Rooney. What back 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

De Gea would have saved that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

nullzero wrote: »
    Swansea fans see games against United as a guaranteed three points.

They might be right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I think I hate Swansea. F*cking Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cracking goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Poor from Romero

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Somewhere you can hear Woodwars wallet opening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Romero. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

''UTD in £40m bid for Gomis'' will be all over tomorrows papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

We need a new striker and we need it badly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

This is going to happen quite a bit this year, make no mistake.

We're united and we are going to pass laterally for 85 minutes and beat you 1-0.

What's that? You scored two?

Errrrmmmmm....

Proceshhhhhh

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Somewhere you can hear Woodwars wallet opening...

And full of cobwebs and dust

Great post, and great team support. Swansea still had plenty to do to score there but why not blame it all on Rooney. What back 4?
    Great post
    Obviously.
    great team support
    Sorry, Wazza 4 lyf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Like no one saw that happening.

Ridiculous situation the club have themselves in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

Memphis has been very poor, he may need a season before we see him at his best

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

It really feels like we play 4 defenders and 6 midfielders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Comical defending for the goal. Just 2 defenders defending cross?

Watch the panic buys start now.

Romero, Blind, Rooney, Depay. All pretty useless.

We need Fellaini on. Now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Schweinsteiger is a poor signing. Looks slow and unfit. Bayern got Vidal with minimum fuss for a bargain fee.

If De Gea wanted out before this, he should have been let go and a suitable replacement signed. Romero is not up to standard.

Two days to get a world class defender, goal keeper and striker

No problem.

How does Rooney stay on. Its like he's untouchable

Time for aerial bombardment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

That's like his third foul throw this year..............

Headshot wrote: »

It's baffling.

Next 48 hours are going to be hilarious watching us desperately run around Europe for half decent players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »

Wonder does he have a clause in his contract or what. We go on that no player is bigger than the club, but....I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Maybe I'm a fair weather fan but I just can't take this **** any more. It's woeful in every sense of the word.

• Advertisement

Watching the replay of the Gomis goal. Romero was awful. He cannot be our number 1.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement