Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

bangkok wrote: »
    he is very hot and cold, there is a reason Bayern didn't want him and Inter are getting rid of him so quickly. potential to be a good player if he pulls his socks up

As hot and cold as any winger. Bayern didn't want him as he wasn't suited to Pep's style of play.

Inter always makes stupid decision, so them getting rid shouldn't be used to support your argument. They didn't want to buy him as he had fall out with manager (apparently) but since it's an obligation to buy deal, they signed him and selling him.

He is very good and proves that every time playing for his National team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/630695576691167232

For 12-13 Million that's a fantastic deal. If we are struggling for pace we should have signed him. Very quick and can play behind striker and Depay as LW.

Sparky is doing very well for Stoke. Crazy the contrast to watching them compared to Pulis (no disrespect to him).

Building a very good team and will make it difficult for the big teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

As hot and cold as any winger. Bayern didn't want him as he wasn't suited to Pep's style of play.

Inter always makes stupid decision, so them getting rid shouldn't be used to support your argument. They didn't want to buy him as he had fall out with manager (apparently) but since it's an obligation to buy deal, they signed him and selling him.

He is very good and proves that every time playing for his National team.

team is very much built to suit his needs, he doesn't like to pass the ball too much. He will get a bit of a shock when he comes to the premier league. Be interesting to see how it works out

team is very much built to suit his needs, he doesn't like to pass the ball too much. He will get a bit of a shock when he comes to the premier league. Be interesting to see how it works out

Yeah like Coutinho struggled in PL.

Yeah like Coutinho struggled in PL.

coutinho has a good attitude, shaqiri has a terrible attitude, things don't go his way he throws his toys out of the pram very quickly

Keanos birthday today, say what ya want about him there's no denying how brilliant he was for us! One of the best players to captain our club.

d7f174604e61585e9e7869652984d4c9.jpg

coutinho has a good attitude, shaqiri has a terrible attitude, things don't go his way he throws his toys out of the pram very quickly

Not exactly. Shaqiri's attitude is not a problem. He is very confident about his abilities and has balls to try with outrageous things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Happy birthday to the greatest midfielder I've had the privilege of seeing live. I've met him on a few occasions and he's an absolute gent.

soccer-carling-premier-league-manchester-united-v-middlesbrough-630x419.jpg

44 today!

Legend.

Bet he's delighted with the arsenal result after his comments :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Legend.

Bet he's delighted with the arsenal result after his comments :)

I would follow that man into battle any day, he brought the best out of all the players in the team on the pitch.

Hero.Captain.Legend.

• Advertisement

ElChe32 wrote: »
    I would follow that man into battle any day, he brought the best out of all the players in the team on the pitch.

Hero.Captain.Legend.

I wouldn't mind moving from the doom and gloom for the day and taking a trip down memory lane of all our favourite Keane moments :P

Sadly at work so can't use Youtube but it would surely have to start with his performance in Turin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,792 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Happy B'day Keano.

The 'fight' between him and Viera over the years was great. I always had the opinion that Viera was the better footballer, but Keano was the far better captain

Not sure if this is mentioned, few days back Vidic had operation for Hernia and will miss up to 6 months.

Harry - "That's Wayne Rooney there...act cool man."

http://gfycat.com/UnsteadyPepperyAmericanrobin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Game 1 of 38 vrs Spurs ( H ) 08/08/2015 12:45

1-0

K Walker (og)

Points gained +3 :D

Current Points 3 :D

W1:D0:L0

Gonna win the League :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind moving from the doom and gloom for the day and taking a trip down memory lane of all our favourite Keane moments :P

Sadly at work so can't use Youtube but it would surely have to start with his performance in Turin!

100% yes. My absolute favourite moment of any player. The fact that he dragged us back into that match and into the final with the shear force of his determination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Question lads, I am going to be driving on Friday evening during the match. Is there any station available you can listen to the match on the radio? I think 5Live do it but they are geo blocked here I think.

stankratz wrote: »

I really like Kane and would like to see him with us. Doubt it would be the best move for his career at the moment joining a not quite so settled team where he is not gauranteed first team football.

I suppose he could be accomodated if Rooney pushed into the role in front of the midfield behind the forward and Depay pushed out to take over from Young at the left. I'd love to see that. Hopefully at some point in his career we see Kane in a United shirt. Could be a bit biased from me but I loved watching him play last year.

I really like Kane and would like to see him with us. Doubt it would be the best move for his career at the moment joining a not quite so settled team where he is not gauranteed first team football.

I suppose he could be accomodated if Rooney pushed into the role in front of the midfield behind the forward and Depay pushed out to take over from Young at the left. I'd love to see that. Hopefully at some point in his career we see Kane in a United shirt. Could be a bit biased from me but I loved watching him play last year.

If Kane has a similar 2nd season to his 1st, without doubt I'd love him to come to United next Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

I think he'd walk into the United team every week. Reckon Young would be the one to lose out, Rooney moving to the No. 10 role and De Pay out to the wing but Kane would be a much better number 9 option than anything at the club at the moment.

Won't happen though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Kane would be a massive risk.

At £40m+ he could easily turn out to be a Defoe, or a Johnson, Phillips, Carroll, etc

I would like to see him perform at that level for 2 or 3 seasons before paying that amount of money. The lad clearly has talent, but for that amount of money, it would have to be a sure thing.

Now is not the right time to move for him, especially when we need a player to replace Di Maria, someone to replace De Gea and a CB.

• Advertisement

Coat22 wrote: »
    I think he'd walk into the United team every week. Reckon Young would be the one to lose out, Rooney moving to the No. 10 role and De Pay out to the wing but Kane would be a much better number 9 option than anything at the club at the moment.

Won't happen though

Yeah I'd like that too, but as you say unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

v3ttel wrote: »
    Kane would be a massive risk.

At £40m+ he could easily turn out to be a Defoe, or a Johnson, Phillips, Carroll, etc

I would like to see him perform at that level for 2 or 3 seasons before paying that amount of money. The lad clearly has talent, but for that amount of money, it would have to be a sure thing.

Now is not the right time to move for him, especially when we need a player to replace Di Maria, someone to replace De Gea and a CB.

I agree with you there but if he performs like last season for the next two seasons his price will double. Its a risk but at the moment we need a striker and he is the best of the limited options available to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Going to Swansea United in end if month and if any of ye happen be going give me Pm and can meet up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Chong wrote: »
    Question lads, I am going to be driving on Friday evening during the match. Is there any station available you can listen to the match on the radio? I think 5Live do it but they are geo blocked here I think.

should be able to pick up talksport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Going to Swansea United in end if month and if any of ye happen be going give me Pm and can meet up

not going to that one, got chubed in the ballot.

got one for friday night though which was very surprising when it arrived in the post!

not going to that one, got chubed in the ballot.

got one for friday night though which was very surprising when it arrived in the post!

Villa Park is a terrific away day. Jealous

Villa Park is a terrific away day. Jealous

have done it 5 times now, its the best one in my opinion.

magnumbud wrote: »

Thank you ! I was worried that might be geoblocked on me too

BBC Radio 5 Live is available on AM here on 693 or 909 and Talksport is on 1053 and 1089 AM,coverage and reception varies. Talksport are covering the Villa match!

http://talksport.com/radio/schedule/2015-08-14

Thank you ! I was worried that might be geoblocked on me too

They are only geoblocked online,free to air on satellite and radio!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

magnumbud wrote: »

They are blocked too

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

stankratz wrote: »

Probably just admiring the hair transplant as he'll be needing one of his own soon.

kayevajo wrote: »
    They are blocked too

Ah balls was hoping to use TuneIn driving home in the car.

these Biglia stories are very weird, why on earth would we want another non creative CM when we have at least 3 of them already.

from what i know, he is currently undergoing contract negotiations and the lazio chairman wont give him what he wants. then suddenly United and real are linked to him in the press.....

these Biglia stories are very weird, why on earth would we want another non creative CM when we have at least 3 of them already.

from what i know, he is currently undergoing contract negotiations and the lazio chairman wont give him what he wants. then suddenly United and real are linked to him in the press.....

Ah come on! What are you insinuating here?
    Do you really think an agent or player would deploy these tactics to increase their current contract?
    Do you really think that the respected journalists of Metro, Star and Mirror would run such stories to sell papers without any real proof or sources?
    Do you really thin....oh wait...yeah..you're probably right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Ah balls was hoping to use TuneIn driving home in the car.

Use something like Tunnelbear or another VPN to change your location to the UK and Talksport should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Chong wrote:

You could download the TuneIn radio app on your phone and listen through that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

very quiet day in here...

no signings or twitter rubbish makes me something something ..... CRAZY.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Absolutely no idea who that is.

Might it be someone trying to pull a sly one using United again as a threat to get a new contract/bumper deal/wage demands met ?

Would have thought that only works for recognised players, although maybe he is a known talent that I just never heard of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It's totally the agent at play again with Biglia, isn't the first time it's happened, won't be the last.

Need a better deal at your club? Need to raise the price of one of your clients? feign interest from United. Works every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Also here,

What is with all the questions over Schweinsteiger in like, the last week???

Pep comes out saying he was rarely fit ( ah duh) and all of a sudden he is now a "risky" signing and up there as the potential transfer flop of this summer? Going by a few other forums and just some pods I'm listening to today.

Same people only a few weeks ago saying how it was a great signing and what a player. He wasn't half bad in the World Cup final, carrying an injury, that even not on top of his game, battled his way through it and extra time. That's what he gets, even when hes not playing well, even when he isn't 100% fit, he drags the others around him to perform. On a day with some reminisce about Roy Keane, don't know why the negativity about Schweinsteger has crept in.

I took Pep comments as a bit of face saving, not something that caused me concern over Schweinsteiger..

TheDoc wrote: »
    Absolutely no idea who that is.

first choice CM at the moment for Argentina, Lazios captain i think. makes no sense we are after him after signing Bastian.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Also here,

What is with all the questions over Schweinsteiger in like, the last week???

i think you already answered the questions in the rest of your posts, Bayern were happy to sell him due to his fitness concerns over the past 3 years and this has set off a few alarms and to be honest, that is understandable.

on Saturday he looked over weight and he was very very poor, 3 or 4 miskicks and looked off the pace. people are i guess looking at it in the sense that as soon as he came on, Spurs completely took over (id put it down to Valencia also being on the pitch more so).

certain aspects of the media have subtly had a go at his current shape and people are starting to pick up on it...sky were discussing it at length on Sunday morning...

personally, after what Pep has said and how poor he has looked so far, im nowhere near as excited about him signing for us as i was when it was announced, i just have a bad feeling about it but of course if he sorts that out, he can be a really top class player for us - his presence around the dressing room can also be massive and that's the biggest advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think schweinsteiger will improve a lot. He was late back to preseason, and had a slight injury. His fitness will improve a lot, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

I think schweinsteiger will improve a lot. He was late back to preseason, and had a slight injury. His fitness will improve a lot, imo.
    He's missed eighty league games over the last four seasons. Will that improve in the Premier League as he approaches thirty one years of age? Schweinsteiger will prove to be a mistake.

• Advertisement

Kirsty looking swell on SSN
    Continue away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Well said Mitch

He was like a boss in the last 30 on Saturday
    Pointing where he wanted the ball, demanding passes and where he'd play it too, Spurs couldn't get a kick into him.

Him Carrick and Morgan leave me confident in pur base in MF and Daley can do a similar job in there if any of the three get injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

He's missed eighty league games over the last four seasons. Will that improve in the Premier League as he approaches thirty one years of age? Schweinsteiger will prove to be a mistake.
    Adding an experienced leader won't be a mistake. I would say Schneiderlin and Herrera should develop into the first choice pairing with Carrick and schweinsteiger coming in as required to add experience and a sense of calm. Just how I'd do it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Use something like Tunnelbear or another VPN to change your location to the UK and Talksport should work.

Are they blocked for matches only? I use tunin to listen to both them stations every day in the gym or whatever and they work perfect only time i never used them was listening to game

did you just make that up? A quick search suggests he missed/didn't play in 43 league games over the last 4 seasons

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement