Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

astradave wrote: »
    Spotted this on twitter.. Simon stone reporting it

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/631076911544971265

Don't toy with my emotions..I just can't handle it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Mourinho by all reports is adored by the vast majority of the players he works with

Go tell them in Madrid :)

If the manager has teams doing a lot of fitness work, and the team is winning, most players will say they're happy and credit the coach with giving them the strength to win
    If the manager has teams do the same work and they're losing, players will complain about being run into the ground, not doing enough with the ball, etc etc

Every manager will have some players in the squad who like him, some who don't, and a lots in the middle. If Van Gaal's tactics and selections work, the players who don't get to play will be unhappy, everyone else will be content. If they don't work, players who think they're being played out of position, or have to play to a plan they don't like, will start complaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Didn't LVG state after the match that he was unhappy with the performance and that some of the young lads would get a chance in the next match. I might be imagining it :D

duffman13 wrote: »
    Be interesting to see how Blind copes with Gestede if both Start on Friday night. Gestede is a nuisance and could cause us all sorts of problems if we are not on our game. Villa seem weak enough though, should be an opportunity to dominate possession and Sherwood I hope wont park the bus. Could be a good open game!

Should be interesting, think Villas midfield looked poor but that Clark and Richards looks like a promising partnership. Hard to read much from one game against Bournemouth however.

A win is a must.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Didn't LVG state after the match that he was unhappy with the performance and that some of the young lads would get a chance in the next match. I might be imagining it :D

i think things will be changed on friday with the game tuesday in mind.

the extra 8-10 games this year means LVG will have to try things and give lads a chance.

the only concern is that we lack squad depth to try these things in several positions, once injuries set in.

wouldnt be surprised to see Mcnair get a run out in the next week though hopefully Rojos time on the bold step is nearing an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

If DeGea is forced to stay then fair fùcks to the club and LVG.. Name a price, if Real don't pay it then they can look elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

When I think of a Van Gaal United team, basing this solely on his previous season at the club, and the transfers he has brought in, I think of a team that will be very, very hard to score against. I think LvG wants to shore up his defence and then build an attack from it.

The first step is obviously possession. If your opponent can't have the ball they can't score against you. The second is having quality defensive players who will work as a unit as opposed to individual players. Darmian and Smalling are the prime examples here, with Shaw yet to make an impression due to this being his first "real" season with the club assuming he remains injury free.

The midfield is set up to protect the back four as opposed to attack the opposition, but you would assume LvG wants a pacey player (Like Di Maria/Depay) in that midfield to launch an attack.

Honestly, if United played with an Ashley Young who hit his target 8/10 times, and a more traditional winger on the other side, I reckon you would see a much better performance.

I think, once the defence is guaranteed, we'll see a more aggresive approach with attack. I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No he hasn't. He was never this.

Some people have short memories :rolleyes:

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2014/04/03/adnan-januzaj-named-the-best-young-footballer-in-the-world-41640/

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Do we really need to be rotating things in the 2nd game of the season, especially when its a Friday night game giving us extra recovery time before Tuesday?

Frankly I would rather we played our best team and maybe get them gelling together before the hugely important CL qualifier. Thats more important than worrying about fitness already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Oh now that you mention it, your link has reminded me that I did once think Januzaj was the best young player in the world. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Adnan Januzaj has been rewarded for his fantastic breakthrough season with Manchester United by being named the top Under-20 footballer in the world by Gazzetta Dello Sport.

Gazzetta Dello Sport?

I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I think Depay is not on the left wing is because Young is disciplined defensively. LVG likes his full backs going forward so having Young allows Shaw get forward. I like Young he is ok but his final ball is just not good enough.

Anytime Depay looked good the weekend was when he was out wide and cutting in. Below is what i really would like Friday but i can't see it happening.

De Gea

----Darmian
    Smalling
    Rojo
    Shaw

Schniederlen
    Herrera

Janjuaz
    Mata
    Depay

Rooney

It works with Schneiderlen sitting deep and covering the full backs when they go forward, Herrera a bit more freedom and Mata dropping into midfield when defending.

This allows Depay and Janjuaz cut inside opening up space for the full backs to attack into and allows Mata play in his best position.

So an Italian Newspaper stated he was the top U20 player IN THEIR OPINION!

He did alright for us for a couple of games but there was no way that he was the best U20 player in the world at the time..

No chance
    No
    Just no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Spotted this on twitter.. Simon stone reporting it

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/631076911544971265

Just 20 minutes before that they reported that Madrid had submitted a final bid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

irishfeen wrote: »
    If DeGea is forced to stay then fair fùcks to the club and LVG.. Name a price, if Real don't pay it then they can look elsewhere.

And then they get him for free next summer while we fork out 30 mil + for some inferior replacement. Real will be having the last laugh in this saga.

Do we really need to be rotating things in the 2nd game of the season, especially when its a Friday night game giving us extra recovery time before Tuesday?

Frankly I would rather we played our best team and maybe get them gelling together before the hugely important CL qualifier. Thats more important than worrying about fitness already.

Well it's all just opinions really. The fact that we will have 5 games in the space of 16 days we will undoubtedly have to give players a rest at some points it's just when. Every game is important but I think a good result is crucial in the first leg against Bruges as then it would allow players to be rested in the second leg.

I wouldn't be surprised to see VG try mix it up a bit on Friday. We have a lot of games this season and will rely on the whole squd, might be good to get a some of the lads who will see themselves getting chances a competitive game under their belt now on Friday to get them up to speed while every other team isn't yet rather than to throw them out there when other teams are hitting stride.

dubmick wrote: »
    And then they get him for free next summer while we fork out 30 mil + for some inferior replacement. Real will be having the last laugh in this saga.

I'd rather he goes for free next window and we have from now until then to decide who to bring in and buy them early in the window than let him part now for 20 odd million and just buy whatever keeper is available.

Keeping De Gea in my eyes would be brilliant and lead to us finishing higher than if he goes now.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I think Depay is not on the left wing is because Young is disciplined defensively. LVG likes his full backs going forward so having Young allows Shaw get forward. I like Young he is ok but his final ball is just not good enough.

Anytime Depay looked good the weekend was when he was out wide and cutting in. Below is what i really would like Friday but i can't see it happening.

De Gea

----Darmian
    Smalling
    Rojo
    Shaw

Schniederlen
    Herrera

Janjuaz
    Mata
    Depay

Rooney

It works with Schneiderlen sitting deep and covering the full backs when they go forward, Herrera a bit more freedom and Mata dropping into midfield when defending.

This allows Depay and Janjuaz cut inside opening up space for the full backs to attack into and allows Mata play in his best position.

+1 would be absolutely chuffed to see that team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Seems like the Pedro saga will be ending 'soon' according to reports.

I'm betting he stays at Barca with 'assurances' over his playing time - it simply doesn't look like United are that interested in, been 3 weeks or so of 'imminent' talk, but seemingly we haven't spoken to Barca about him at all (if you believe what they are saying publicly)

• Advertisement

dubmick wrote: »

De Gea could be the difference again this season when it comes to where we finish in the league,the new prize money is massive and that would negate any loss we'd be perceived to make by letting him go for nothing next season.

Seems like the Pedro saga will be ending 'soon' according to reports.

I'm betting he stays at Barca with 'assurances' over his playing time - it simply doesn't look like United are that interested in, been 3 weeks or so of 'imminent' talk, but seemingly we haven't spoken to Barca about him at all (if you believe what they are saying publicly)

We're just playing it cool, sitting away from him batting our eyelashes and hoping he makes the move :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

So an Italian Newspaper stated he was the top U20 player IN THEIR OPINION!

He did alright for us for a couple of games but there was no way that he was the best U20 player in the world at the time..

No chance
    No
    Just no

Yeah, proves my point of him being one of the best young players around at the time. Any who point was that he's gradually got worse under LVG.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/631083365215678464

He will forever be remembered fondly at Old Trafford after the miracle of Crystanbul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

We have a huge amount of regular contributors to this thread who are excellent, but are being overwhelmed by the increasing amount of muck posted in here, such as:

- Schweinsteiger is a bad signing (lets bring back Cleverley and Anderson)

- Schweinsteiger isn't fit because Pep said so (says the manager, who co-incidentally said that after a huge publish backlash from the Bayern fans for letting him go)

- LVG doesn't know what he is doing (lets ignore his track record of success which would indicate he is a rather competent manager)

- Ex-players don't like him (let's ignore that he is the reason we've signed Blind, Memphis, Schweinsteiger, Valdes, Romero who have all worked with him before and decided to join him again)

- I think the best of the lot was Arsenal being held up as a bastion of great football, and how much better they are than us....literally an hour before they lose 0-2 to West Ham at home. (BTW, if one game doesn't matter, then what's with the massive outcry in here after Saturday?)

- We're the only squad that has gaps (when Chelsea only have 5 first team defenders at the club)

And yet, for all the bad and the fact that the world nearly ended, we're 3 points ahead of Arsenal and 2 ahead of Chelsea with surely 1 or 2 more signings to come to plug the gaps. I can only imagine what happens when we lose our first game. This place will be a no go zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

v3ttel wrote: »
    We have a huge amount of regular contributors to this thread who are excellent, but are being overwhelmed by the increasing amount of muck posted in here, such as:

- Schweinsteiger isn't fit because Pep said so (says the manager, who co-incidentally said that after a huge publish backlash from the Bayern fans for letting him go)

- LVG doesn't know what he is doing (lets ignore his track record of success which would indicate he is a rather competent manager)

- Ex-players don't like him (let's ignore that he is the reason we've signed Blind, Memphis, Schweinsteiger, Valdes, Romero who have all worked with him before and decided to join him again)

- I think the best of the lot was Arsenal being held up as a bastion of great football, and how much better they are than us....literally an hour before they lose 0-2 to West Ham at home. (BTW, if one game doesn't matter, then what's with the massive outcry in here after Saturday?)

- We're the only squad that has gaps (when Chelsea only have 5 first team defenders at the club)

And yet, for all the bad and the fact that the world nearly ended, we're 3 points ahead of Arsenal and 2 ahead of Chelsea with surely 1 or 2 more signings to come to plug the gaps. I can only imagine what happens when we lose our first game. This place will be a no go zone.

Ah now theres too much logic here. There should be spoiler tags used or something. You cant overload the hysterics like this v3ttel they could go into shock seeing so much of their **** torn apart at once.

As usual this is a complete misrepresentation of what those discussions actually entailed.

Real Madrid are determined to sign David De Gea this summer and that's why Florentino Pérez and his board have offered €25 million + Keylor Navas for the Spanish goalkeeper. Manchester United made it clear to Madrid that they will not sell De Gea for less than €40 million but that new offer could make them change their mind, according to La Sexta.

Keylor Navas would be on his way out of the club if Madrid complete the signing of De Gea anyway, because he wants to play.

http://www.managingmadrid.com/2015/8/11/9130133/real-madrid-manchester-united-de-gea-keylor-navas

Ah now theres too much logic here. There should be spoiler tags used or something. You cant overload the hysterics like this v3ttel they could go into shock seeing so much of their **** torn apart at once.

Its sh1tty posts like these that are the worst on the thread.

Deriding anyone not 100% supportive of the club and everything about it as illogical moronic children; by exaggerating what was actually said to the point of parody.

I've critised the football LVG has us play - based on the previous season, pre-season and the Spurs game it is a perfectly valid criticism. Yes, 3 points vs Spurs was the goal, and great, but only creating one shot on target in 90mins at home has to be a concern for ANY side playing ANY opposition. Why is it so difficult to understand people were now wowed by the performance vs Spurs?

Yes, there are some arguments that I think are stupid and some I disagree with people on - but for feck sake, to take a position that everything is rosey and brilliant and anyone thinking otherwise is a simpleton is a real w@nker position to take.

In a more lighthearted story for the day, Bastian looks like he wants to take Rooney and the boys with him to Oktoberfest:
    "I spoke to [Wayne] Rooney and discussed the possibility of me inviting the team to Oktoberfest but I don’t know how much time we’ll have"

Apparently he also said it comes down to what VG says :pac:

I think it could be the team bonding we need, I want televised footage of a United vs Bayern drinking competition! :pac:

source:http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/bastian-schweinsteiger-hoping-to-take-manchester-united-players-to-oktoberfest-10447905.html

• Advertisement

Its sh1tty posts like these that are the worst on the thread.

Deriding anyone not 100% supportive of the club and everything about it as illogical moronic children; by exaggerating what was actually said to the point of parody.

I've critised the football LVG has us play - based on the previous season, pre-season and the Spurs game it is a perfectly valid criticism. Yes, 3 points vs Spurs was the goal, and great, but only creating one shot on target in 90mins at home has to be a concern for ANY side playing ANY opposition. Why is it so difficult to understand people were now wowed by the performance vs Spurs?

Yes, there are some arguments that I think are stupid and some I disagree with people on - but for feck sake, to take a position that everything is rosey and brilliant and anyone thinking otherwise is a simpleton is a real w@nker position to take.

Well then its a good thing I dont agree 100% nor do I think everything is rosey. I just dont believe in the whole harbinger of doom approach either where everything is wrong and everything is ****. I can be dissapointed with how we played without deciding LVG is totally incompetent and we are doomed to fail.

Well then its a good thing I dont agree 100% nor do I think everything is rosey. I just dont believe in the whole harbinger of doom approach either where everything is wrong and everything is ****. I can be dissapointed with how we played without deciding LVG is totally incompetent and we are doomed to fail.

So what was with the 'you'll need spolier tags to protect their minds' crap about then, eh?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

zerks wrote: »
    Just 20 minutes before that they reported that Madrid had submitted a final bid.

I think that was just a line from the gossip page to promote that page rather than a BBC report.

DM_7 wrote: »
    I think that was just a line from the gossip page to promote that page rather than a BBC report.

Yep, basically just quoting the Star and ABC reports

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/631072293234573312

In other reports, mendes has told Roma that Garay has an agreement with Valencia, meaning that Otamendi is on the way out. To who, know one knows, but obviously he is being linked to us again

So what was with the 'you'll need spolier tags to protect their minds' crap about then, eh?

There are some people who want to discuss issues relating to the club and the manager, good or bad. Then there are those who prefer to snark about other posters within the thread. I know which I prefer.

To protect those delicate flowers who believe that crap. Jaysus didnt think it was that complicated to comprehend.

BSyB9dWIUAEsFjY.jpg

Some lighthearted news

Daley cut his hair up... :eek:
    https://twitter.com/BlindDaley/status/631096827996192768

Some lighthearted news

Feat. Ander & Juan :D

CMIbNmKWsAE-d03.jpg

• Advertisement

Some lighthearted news

Bold move by Daley, let's see if it pays off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

We have a huge amount of regular contributors to this thread who are excellent, but are being overwhelmed by the increasing amount of muck posted in here, such as...

tumblr_m9135pCT8e1rry9ec.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Feat. Ander & Juan :D

CMIbNmKWsAE-d03.jpg

And Marlo Stanfield :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Otamendi is this years Vidal, who was last years Sjnieder, who was... and so on and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Isn't Garay's preferred position on the left side of central defence...or am I mistaken? Any reason why he hasn't been linked with Utd this summer? The rumours were very strong before he joined Zenit and I had expected them to start up once again.

• Advertisement

I'll be honest I'm quite fed up of all the twitter stuff, more than not it's just nonsense. I have nothing against people liking it and posting it and understand it's some news or rumours and more interesting than nothing but jaysus there is some brown posted by most of the people on it. I have no idea who most of these twitter users are posting this stuff.

I'm half tempted to create a twitter account and start spouting off rubbish and see if the likes of Metro, Star and Mirror carry the story.

Maybe I'm losing touch..

skinner.jpg

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I'll be honest I'm quite fed up of all the twitter stuff, more than not it's just nonsense. I have nothing against people liking it and posting it and understand it's some news or rumours and more interesting than nothing but jaysus there is some brown posted by most of the people on it. I have no idea who most of these twitter users are posting this stuff.

I'm half tempted to create a twitter account and start spouting off rubbish and see if the likes of Metro, Star and Mirror carry the story.

Maybe I'm losing touch..

skinner.jpg

Most of the twitter handles that you wouldn't know would be of people who translate the reports to English.. Omar is one of the most well known ones as he translates all the DiMarzio articles and because of that has a good following.

That said if you don't move with the technology you will get left behind.. Embrace it, follow the path to the dark side :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

With regards to Villa on Friday, can't see many changes in the setup. Would hope Rojo comes in for Blind but depends how far off he is.

Villa played 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 as well last weekend so the chances of us changing our shape is doubtful.

As I said before,we aren't getting a shred of news from OT so we are depending on leaks and tidbits from selling clubs about any potential signings.
    We all know the way this works,if nobody posted any gossip we'd just have even more pages of posters bickering with each other because we didn't win 15-0 at the weekend.

That said if you don't move with the technology you will get left behind.. Embrace it, follow the path to the dark side :pac:

I think it's too late for me..

EDIT: Well that gif just killed itself :L

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement