Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mitch thats a bad example tbf. No one got on with Riquelme. A great player but by god what a horrible attitude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I've no problem with us going for another "Marquee " signing. the term or goal isn't the issue - signing ADM with no clue or plan on how to use him, and taking a punt on Falcao doesn't work out. Doesn't mean signing Ronaldo, Pogba or Messi would be poor bound to fail.

Any player United buy should be the right player for the role required - not signed for the sake of signing them and the looking to work it out later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Headshot wrote: »
    Mitch thats a bad example tbf. No one got on with Riquelme. A great player but by god what a horrible attitude

Not relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What's VG's beef with Valdes again?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Yeah - i've clearly just made it up - no way could I have heard it previously.

Diego Forlan: "'Louis van Gaal has never been a fan of South American players, as my good friend Juan Roman Riquelme will tell you from his time under the Dutchman at Barcelona"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3148646/Louis-van-Gaal-doesn-t-like-South-Americans-Manchester-United-stick-Angel-di-Maria-says-Diego-Forlan.html#ixzz3iXC1KwMs
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I've not said it is fact, I'm simply saying it is something that has been said of LVG. It doesn't mean he would never play one or sign one, might mean he is quicker to cold sholder them if htey don't follow his methods or they have to do more to earn his trust. It could be BS, obviously, but I've not made it up.

I never said anything about you making it up but if your quoting SA players that have fallen out with LVG of course they aare not going to speak kindly and form negative opinions.

As qouted already LVG has played SA's a lot at UTD.

LVG doesn't hate SA players, he hates players who go against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Think he didn't want to play against a few teams in the u21 games, he played against pool, spurs, Chelsea, but didn't play against the smaller teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Valdes is supposed to have refused to play for the reserves in some games last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Bt sports have uniteds qualifier game next tuesday night, coverage starts at 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

All that's needed now is a good quality experienced CB to partner Chris Mike Smalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

jayo26 wrote: »
    Bt sports have uniteds qualifier game next tuesday night, coverage starts at 7.

Those who have BT Sports, enjoy sitting through Michael Owen and his ''commentary''

Any idea if RTE 2 or TV3 will be showing the United game??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

statto25 wrote: »
    Valdes is supposed to have refused to play for the reserves in some games last season.

Valdes has a bit of an ego on him, he refused to play in the reserves before at Barca.

These are the type of players LVG has problems with, nothing to do with nationality, just players who won't follow his every order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Heard he doesn't trust south americans in general.

There could be truth to it, but if so I doubt it's because he dislikes them for being South American. South American football has a culture of individual flair and skill. LVG values players who rigidly conform to his system and follow instructions. It's possible that in his eyes a lot of the South American footballers look ill-disciplined.

Speculation, but it makes a kind of sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Yeah - i've clearly just made it up - no way could I have heard it previously.

Diego Forlan: "'Louis van Gaal has never been a fan of South American players, as my good friend Juan Roman Riquelme will tell you from his time under the Dutchman at Barcelona"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3148646/Louis-van-Gaal-doesn-t-like-South-Americans-Manchester-United-stick-Angel-di-Maria-says-Diego-Forlan.html#ixzz3iXC1KwMs
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I've not said it is fact, I'm simply saying it is something that has been said of LVG. It doesn't mean he would never play one or sign one, might mean he is quicker to cold sholder them if htey don't follow his methods or they have to do more to earn his trust. It could be BS, obviously, but I've not made it up.
    There could be truth to it, but if so I doubt it's because he dislikes them for being South American. South American football has a culture of individual flair and skill. LVG values players who rigidly conform to his system and follow instructions. It's possible that in his eyes a lot of the South American footballers look ill-disciplined.

Speculation, but it makes a kind of sense.

Oh really?

tumblr_m1vex7sq0W1qc525bo1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Those who have BT Sports, enjoy sitting through Michael Owen and his ''commentary''

It's on TV3. They question is whether or not they'll have their HD up and running by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pedro's stand-in scores.

See, Barca? You don't need him.

• Advertisement

It's on TV3. They question is whether or not they'll have their HD up and running by then.

HD or not, as long as it's on TV3, that's all i care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Must resist...urge....to make...signing-related...comment

Just do the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Any excitement?

God id rather look at it on bt any day of week before id watch ot on tv3 no thanks.

So barca will accept 30 million euros for pedro,........ Get your cheque book out ed ill drive you there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

In fairness of how bad Owen is, i cant listen to Niall Quinn on sky. And Owen talks less since bt started using 3 commentators

God id rather look at it on bt any day of week before id watch ot on tv3 no thanks.

I watched a United game on BT last season, Michael Owen & Robbie Savage if i remember correctly commentating, swore to myself never again.. They are like sandpaper to my ears.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    In fairness of how bad Owen is, i cant listen to Niall Quinn on sky. And Owen talks less since bt started using 3 commentators

Quinn is unbearable he is unreal biased.

Funny thing is i'd sooner listen to Niall Quinn yap on than Michael Owen..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Quinn is unbearable he is unreal biased.

Especially towards Arsenal, jizzing his pants every time they do a 5 yard pass.

I watched a United game on BT last season, Michael Owen & Robbie Savage if i remember correctly commentating, swore to myself never again.. They are like sandpaper to my ears.

Savage dont commentate much as far as i know. I stand corrected but usually he is on fletch and sav on a saturday morning which is a bit tongue in cheek but id prefer it anyday over soccer am which is all about helen big ego Chamberlin and load crap bands no1 is bothered about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Is it a reflection on this transfer window that we're looking forward to Pedro being this summer's marquee signing?

well he is a marquee signing in my opinion and for an excellent price. would be the best bit of business we did in a long time, since RVP ( and maybe Darmian.)

great news if this finally gets done, thought the comments tonight suggest that we havent met their demands yet which is crazy, we need him in asap......
    J. Marston wrote: »
    Marquee signings are overrated. Di Maria and Falcao were marquee, Galactico type signings and both of them turned out to be a pile of ****.

while i agree they were marquee signings, they are not exactly great examples. Di Maria didnt want to sign for us, but was forced out by Real and Falcao is only a shadow of the player he was at Madrid and Porto due to injury.

hindsight is great of course but due to their circumstances they were a risk. Look at what RVP did for us when he came, look at the impact Bale had at Real, Suarez and neymar at barca etc.

marquee players win you titles, if they are the right fit of course. Pedro i think will be one of them, as will Vidal at Bayern. had we signed 1 top quality player each summer in 09, 10, 11, 12 and 13 we;d be up there with the strongest teams in europe right now. instead, we bought in mediocre players and ended up regressing while the teams around us improved.

Funny thing is i'd sooner listen to Niall Quinn yap on than Michael Owen..

Ahh its each to their own mate but id prefer owen over a lot of comentators any day of the week. He is a bit of a rambler at times but there is a lot worse.

Especially towards Arsenal, jizzing his pants every time they do a 5 yard pass.

Same with city sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

So
    Lvg doesn't like South Americans
    BT commentary is brutal
    You've got to look be this thread
    PedrOn

Anyways

FutureGuy say the line....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

this is going to be 7-1 or 8-1

Barca not even sweating

...make that 7-2

I think whats missing is your usual signing related comment...... Come on we want it...! We still think it is hipster to look at futureguy as a god among us.... :):)

Course it's hipster and why we think he's a God

One of the top lines every in the thread

Up there with
    #choochoo
    #positivitytrain
    And my personal favourite
    Gobobbles....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hococop wrote: »
    With Rafael, lvg saw him play against him in 2010 and he saw red, maybe he got an initial opinion of him been quick tempered and once he managed us his opinion was right

I'm thinking of the Leicester game where vardy( might not be the right player) pushed him and no fk was given, Rafael got up and chased him back and gave away a stupid penalty which opened the game again

That's two of the three points that most people that say they're not bothered with him leaving come up with first. The other being how injury prone he is.
    The penalty v Leicester was probably as bad a refereeing decision as the Munich sending off.
    I've called it a lazy opinion elsewhere, and I'll do the same again here. If someone that watches football can not see that Rafael is a seriously good full back when fit and well, well I'd question their judgement.

I can't understand why he'd be sold and Valencia kept, considering he's now viewed by the manager as a right back. Rafael is a far superior full back. Valencia is a liability at right back.

That said, hopefully Darmian will continue to impress and have me wondering why I was so pissed at Rafa being turfed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The best commentary by far is from Mute Button.A joy to listen to,so insightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Al Capwned wrote: »
    That's two of the three points that most people that say they're not bothered with him leaving come up with first. The other being how injury prone he is.
    The penalty v Leicester was probably as bad a refereeing decision as the Munich sending off.
    I've called it a lazy opinion elsewhere, and I'll do the same again here. If someone that watches football can not see that Rafael is a seriously good full back when fit and well, well I'd question their judgement.

I can't understand why he'd be sold and Valencia kept, considering he's now viewed by the manager as a right back. Rafael is a far superior full back. Valencia is a liability at right back.

That said, hopefully Darmian will continue to impress and have me wondering why I was so pissed at Rafa being turfed out.

Rafael's sending off in the Munich match was Fergusons fault - a 5 year old could see he was wound up and looking for trouble. The guy has the mental age of a 12 year old. Too rash, can't be trusted and should never have been first choice at United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

yabadabado wrote: »
    The best commentary by far is from Mute Button.A joy to listen to,so insightful.

Ever listen to the River Plate v Boca without commentary and its just the fans singing. Its glorious. Why cant I have an option of not hearing the commentators and just listening to the sound affects and the crowds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I wont post for week if Pedro signs

That's a promise

I see people already praying now too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

That quote about LVG and Riquelme. Riquelme was a lazy fecker unless he had the ball. LVG wouldn't like him for that, not because he's from South America.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

yabadabado wrote: »

I was watching Dundalk in Europa league action earlier in the year, the site I used to watch the RTE stream (as abroad and don't get RTE player live sports) the person had messed with the sound to remove the commentating. All I could hear was the crowd and players. It was good to begin with until I realised they hadn't fully muted the commentating and I could hear a feint whisper, I couldn't find any other place without the whisper in the background. It was one of those things that once you noticed you couldnt forget it.

Say what you want about commentators being boring I had to endure 90 minutes of football with Brian Kerr whispering in my ear, it was traumatising..*shudders*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Tv3 HD went live today on sky & upc, and game will be in hd

Ps. I think pedro signing will be announced after game tonight or first thing tomorrow

zefer wrote: »
    Tv3 HD went live today on sky & upc, and game will be in hd

Yes but will it rival BTs ultra HD? :pac::pac: I think they reminded us about that every minute during the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Coat22 wrote: »
    Rafael's sending off in the Munich match was Fergusons fault - a 5 year old could see he was wound up and looking for trouble. The guy has the mental age of a 12 year old. Too rash, can't be trusted and should never have been first choice at United

There ya go. Now that's the typical over the top analysis of him I've seen and heard about him.
    Sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Well lads, usually just lurk but had to come in after seeing all the negativity after the spurs game, everyone was complaining about how ugly it was etc, this was against the team that put 5 passed chelsea last year? While I know things change they are still a team that can do that to any team on their day.

Also yes it was an ugly win, but there was a time we would happily claim that even off form we would win ugly, now it's we only win ugly, but for feck sake at least we still won

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Well lads, usually just lurk but had to come in after seeing all the negativity after the spurs game, everyone was complaining about how ugly it was etc, this was against the team that put 5 passed chelsea last year? While I know things change they are still a team that can do that to any team on their day.

Also yes it was an ugly win, but there was a time we would happily claim that even off form we would win ugly, now it's we only win ugly, but for feck sake at least we still won

How long has it been said that the ability to win ugly when not at your best is the sign of title winners?

• Just catching the end of the super cup now, has Pedro been spotted??

• Advertisement

I wont post for week if Pedro signs

That's a promise

I see people already praying now too ;)

What do you know????
    If we're not signing him were signing someone bigger and better
    Who is it Kew??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

And some people think smalling wouldn't make the Barcelona team.....

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just catching the end of the super cup now, has Pedro been spotted??

On the bench and seemingly has asked to leave abd barca want 30 million for him which is his release clause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

On the bench just.

On the bench, director says he wants to leave apparently.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement