Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New changes to regulations from 1st Sep dilemma

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cmd12

BryanF wrote: »
    Another 44 pages to read. With no resolution at the end😖

Ah here for #%¥ sake!
    Emm I'll let ye get onto that one and ya might come back with just the nuts and bolts of it for us ; )
    I think personally for the first while it's just a matter of firing all the stuff at them and then they will come back to you with what is wrong .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sparkyp1981

A two tier market? What about all the houses built pre certification? Are they going to be categorised as poorly built also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Strolling Bones

A two tier market? What about all the houses built pre certification? Are they going to be categorised as poorly built also?

Houses will continue to be bought and sold just as before. People will want what they want and they will get what they want depending on the the contemporary attitude of the lenders. When banks don't really want to lend certs will be an issue and when they really do want to lend - they won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

To be quite honest, I've been supervising house builds commenced prior to si9 that are far more compliant with the regs in general than many that are being built now with AC.
    I don't think the banks will give a damn tbh.
    Certainly, in the last 6 months I commenced mortgage drawdown on a house commenced in Feb 14 and was quite worried that someone in the bank might be insisting on AC for no other reason than they may have been issued new forms or internal memo etc.
    They dont seem to be concerned or even aware. Once they have an engineer with insurance certifying that he will issue opinion on compliance, all seems to be good.

Some of the work I see going on is shocking and these are commenced under si9.
    Engineers from larger businesses not visiting site at all. No detailing of important construction joints, No client awareness of Part L requirements on self builds yet they are plastering out the build. Not so much as a nod towards airtightness etc
    imo these engineers are leaving themselves wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sparkyp1981

I have spoken to some people in the banking/mortgage sector and they have indicated that there bank will be lending without the requirements of certification in the near future

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

Im wondering if a chartered engineer turned developer is building a scheme of houses, or even his own house, would there be any conflict of interest clause barring him from certifying houses which he has designed and is overseeing the construction of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Im wondering if a chartered engineer turned developer is building a scheme of houses, or even his own house, would there be any conflict of interest clause barring him from certifying houses which he has designed and is overseeing the construction of?

I doubt it considering the BCMS system which was in place between March 2014 and Sept 2015 when you were filling in who the Assigned Certifier was there was a box you could tick called ''Nominate myself for this role'' just like there was for the Builder role as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

Sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Strolling Bones

Sweet.

Not when you are the punter.
    and
    Not when the stated political aim was to avoid another Priory Hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

I should add - that box was there if you were applying for a single dwelling. Not sure about a scheme of houses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

..Not when the stated political aim was to avoid another Priory Hall.

...that may be the stated aim. The actual aim was to avoid the State getting caught for millions of € in the future - it actually had nothing to do with Standards one way or the other.....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement