Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Own Well, running costs

Options
  • 31-07-2015 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

Myself nad my sister share a well, It's hooked up to here electricity so I'd like to pay for my share of the electricity costs. Anyone got an idea how much their well costs them, even roughly. She does use more than I do but that doesn't matter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭delfagio

If you wanted you could get an electrician to connect an electical meter onto the supply running to the pumps/well treatment for the well, then at the end of the year see what was used and multiply if by the rate per Watt etc that the electricity provider is charging.

Then you could agree to split this money figure between you and your sister if whatever way seems fair with both of you.

I myself would not be really sure of what the typical running costs on electricity would be for a well for a month/year.

Advertisement