Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare

Options
  • 31-07-2015 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭

For the first time ever I'm looking at afterschool child care for my 5 yr old. Does anyone have any recommendations for places or people to contact? Its only 2 days a week so creches are out. I'm in the Mulhuddart area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Did you try little learners at Parslickstown house? I think they do after school. Also tyrellstown little stars do after school and I think they collect from the local schools too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

January wrote: »
    Did you try little learners at Parslickstown house? I think they do after school. Also tyrellstown little stars do after school and I think they collect from the local schools too.

Never thought of them, I always assume they are just for little kids. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Hi, I know someone in the mulhuddart area that is available to mind children and has plenty experience, I can send you her number if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HelenEgan

crèches are the best idea for looking after children

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gio2

Would have to disagree HelenEgan. I would always prefer a good childminder over a creche. They provide a home from home environment where the child can do there homework eat a hot meal and chill out after a long day at school. Its quite difficult to find a good afterschool facility in Dublin 15.

• Advertisement
Advertisement