Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's kinda the same in Tiger, it annoys me when people walk the wrong way around there...

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

January wrote: »
    It's kinda the same in Tiger, it annoys me when people walk the wrong way around there...

That was probably me too..I never realised there were rules! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

They can't be arsed leasing/ buying a bigger store so the sheep are made walk one direction. :rolleyes: One shop I will not be going in to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's where the Spar used to be in Westend opposite the AIB

That's gone? Never realised that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Shemale wrote: »
    They can't be arsed leasing/ buying a bigger store so the sheep are made walk one direction. :rolleyes: One shop I will not be going in to.

It seems to be a Scandinavian concept. Ikea's design is also very much setup that customers unwittingly follow a certain arterial route of all departments so that it maximizes your view of all merchandise and hopefully pick up a few impulse buys along the way. You can't really call Ikea small!!

While it makes sense that the tills area is the last area of the shop you would be in before you exit, I don't think it's very pro customer telling shoppers they should be following a certain defined route particularly if you are wanting to buy something in particular located in a specific area of the shop.

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    It seems to be a Scandinavian concept. Ikea's design is also very much setup that customers unwittingly follow a certain arterial route of all departments so that it maximizes your view of all merchandise and hopefully pick up a few impulse buys along the way. You can't really call Ikea small!!

While it makes sense that the tills area is the last area of the shop you would be in before you exit, I don't think it's very pro customer telling shoppers they should be following a certain defined route particularly if you are wanting to buy something in particular located in a specific area of the shop.

They have made it too small by putting too much stuff in it.

It probably makes sense for the shop but too dictorial for my taste, went to Ikea once wont go again cause of their ****ing rules

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

It probably makes sense for the shop but too dictorial for my taste, went to Ikea once wont go again cause of their ****ing rules

What rules in IKEA? The arrows are there to act as a simple guide. I go there quite frequently, if I need something that is in a specific section I just go there and get it. No hassle and no staff advising me to walk in a specific direction.

I even been known to walk in an opposite direction to the arrows and the world hasn't ended and no one said a word to me :D

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    What rules in IKEA? The arrows are there to act as a simple guide. I go there quite frequently, if I need something that is in a specific section I just go there and get it. No hassle and no staff advising me to walk in a specific direction.

I even been known to walk in an opposite direction to the arrows and the world hasn't ended and no one said a word to me :D

Was said to me twice and plenty of scowls, its like thd poxy cycle lane and some ****er ringing a bell at you cause your foot is over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Was said to me twice and plenty of scowls, its like thd poxy cycle lane and some ****er ringing a bell at you cause your foot is over the line.

I'm guessing you're not a fan of their meatballs either? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

To be fair to IKEA, they really upped the ante on advising people of the shortcuts which are now well sign posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I hear there is a halal butcher, and a new restaurant going into Ongar Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

The husband and I ate in the new restaurant Rudy's in blanch village on Saturday night. Was very enjoyable. Food was excellent, place looks great and was a reasonable €80 for 3 courses each, a coffee and a glass of wine each. Will defo go again

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,296 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

We went there for brunch yesterday and we'll definitely go back. The quality of both the food and service was really good, and they've done a really good job with the decor. There are still a couple of minor things that that they probably need to tweak - an extra slice of French toast, even if it was a little dearer, would be welcome as the portion seemed a little small, and my wife said the corned beef hash could do with a bit more seasoning. But given that they're only open I'd expect them to change things around a little as they settle in. It's good to have a good local option for brunch, it's one of the things the area has definitely been missing.

Sounds interesting. There is lights on and construction activity underway on the main street unit between Pavlov's bakery and the butchers. Someone mentioned a pet shop here a while back but I wonder if that's what is going in.

Any ideas what type of restaurant? I still miss Jaipur!:(

Zaph wrote: »
    It's good to have a good local option for brunch, it's one of the things the area has definitely been missing.

Pizza Project in Ongar village does brunch on Saturdays and Sundays. I had Eggs Benedict recently and would highly recommend!:)

Zaph wrote: »
    It's good to have a good local option for brunch, it's one of the things the area has definitely been missing.

Pizza Project in Ongar village does brunch on Saturdays and Sundays. I had Eggs Benedict recently and would highly recommend!:)

Much agreed. It's delicious!

Sounds interesting. There is lights on and construction activity underway on the main street unit between Pavlov's bakery and the butchers. Someone mentioned a pet shop here a while back but I wonder if that's what is going in.

Any ideas what type of restaurant? I still miss Jaipur!:(

I heard it's another Indian restaurant. Apparently there was a planning issue about the pet shop. Plus there's a lot of competition with two mega stores in blanchardstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I know it's not D15 but crabby Joe's on Howth pier do a fantastic French toast (2 pieces) with bacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/chopped-open-new-store-dublin-11608880

Great news. Chopped opening a second D15 store in Blanchardstown next week, July 21st. I tried my first wrap in their Mulhuddart one last week - divine and I love how they prepare them!!

Anyone know where in Blanch it is opening- village or the Centre?

Just opened this morning - I might head down and see what all the fuss is about.

Edit: meh, I did a drive past. Too much of a queue. I'll go another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Anyone know what's going on at Macaris in blanch village, refurb or shut down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fourinarow

athtrasna wrote: »
    Anyone know what's going on at Macaris in blanch village, refurb or shut down?

Refurb according to the sign in the window, will reopen with diner style seating! We're being spoilt for choice now 😊

fourinarow wrote: »
    Refurb according to the sign in the window, will reopen with diner style seating! We're being spoilt for choice now 😊

They've opened a similar diner in Ashtown recently too. I only realised recently that Macaris and Romayos are part of the same business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They've opened a similar diner in Ashtown recently too. I only realised recently that Macaris and Romayos are part of the same business.

Possibly to compete with Mancini's down the road (the one in Ashbourne that is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Patww79 wrote: »

I wouldn't be getting too annoyed, luckily its not the only petrol station in Blanchardstown, take your custom elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fourinarow

VeVeX wrote: »
    I wouldn't be getting too annoyed, luckily its not the only petrol station in Blanchardstown, take your custom elsewhere.
    Exactly, I gave up on the place long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Funny I go to M3 mostly for food and find it great, the layout could be better for driving in and out etc could be better though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭digiman

Patww79 wrote: »

To be fair, the yield should really be the other way around though. I don't think people are expecting it, certainly I was the one yielding yesterday as the 2 cars on coming were not going to stop!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement

New Arabic, African and Asian halal food store opening on the Main Street in Ongar. I think that's every unit in the Main Street now occupied which is not bad! The former Jaipur restaurant at the entrance to the village has a reserved sign and I understand it is to be another restaurant according to posts in a different thread.

Advertisement