Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The empty unit that they've been working on on the same row as Rudys has signs up saying that an internet cafe is opening soon. There's also a sign around the side of it that mentions tanning I think but I didn't see it that well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Saw the sign for the Internet Cafe. That's a bizarre business to be starting in 2016. Better than a vacant unit, but not by much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Saw the sign for the Internet Cafe. That's a bizarre business to be starting in 2016. Better than a vacant unit, but not by much.

Not in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

January wrote: »
    Not in Dublin 15.

People in Dublin 15 don't have smartphones?

It's an incredibly dated business model, I wish the mad feckers well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They'd have smart phones, but the vast majority of people from, around my area especially. Don't have access to PC's or laptops. Even things like printing isn't easy for them. I think it will do well in Blanchardstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

but the vast majority of people from, around my area especially. Don't have access to PC's or laptops.

I'm sorry but I find that hard to believe, a printer maybe, but not a laptop.

Best of luck to them but I will be very surprised if it is still open in 6 months time. You just don't seem them around anymore.

They'd have smart phones, but the vast majority of people from, around my area especially. Don't have access to PC's or laptops. Even things like printing isn't easy for them.

It's a shame there's no library in Blanchardstown where all these services can be accessed... Oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,968 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

All we need now are a money exchange, a turkish barbers and an asian massage house and it will be just like a neighbourhood version of Dorset Street..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'm sorry but I find that hard to believe, a printer maybe, but not a laptop.

Best of luck to them but I will be very surprised if it is still open in 6 months time. You just don't seem them around anymore.

Agreed. While I've been stuck once or twice not having printer facilities, even that has become rarer. I can always check in at airports, hotels, trains, shows, concerts etc using my smartphone these days instead of carrying a printout. CVs/ college assignments etc rarely need to be printed anymore also.

Saying that, considering D15 surely has up to 100000 people living here, I'd say one Internet cafe is probably justified....for the short term anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Murt10

Planning permission applied for a new off licence in Westend Park beside the AIB in the Centre.

Brave people. Lidl are at the other end of Westend Park right beside them and are open until 10.00 pm every night except Sunday (9.00pm).

They are going to find it hard to compete on price and Lidl are getting into upmarket French wines in a big way.

I doubt the rent on their premises will be cheap either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,297 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There's also Molloy's just a couple of minutes away on Clonsilla Road and they have a good selection of beer, so they'll be tough competition too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Murt10 wrote: »
    Planning permission applied for a new off licence in Westend Park beside the AIB in the Centre.

Brave people. Lidl are at the other end of Westend Park right beside them and are open until 10.00 pm every night except Sunday (9.00pm).

They are going to find it hard to compete on price and Lidl are getting into upmarket French wines in a big way.

I doubt the rent on their premises will be cheap either.

I wouldn't agree, Lidl is the last place I go to when going buying alcohol, and I don't shop for it based on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭dodzy

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree, Lidl is the last place I go to when going buying alcohol, and I don't shop for it based on price.

Agreed. The only immediate competition is the offy within the main building itself. Lidl would not cross my mind either when shopping for alcohol. Anyway, ballsy venture and best of luck to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭Polar101

dodzy wrote: »
    Lidl would not cross my mind either when shopping for alcohol.

That sounds a little bit strange - they don't just sell their 'own' brands you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Polar101 wrote: »
    That sounds a little bit strange - they don't just sell their 'own' brands you know.

I'd buy Lidl alcohol if I happen to be shopping there anyway. No way am I going to queue up though just to buy a bottle of wine if there is an offy up the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Polar101 wrote: »

As well as the hassle of queuing, their selection of other brands is brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Sure what's the story with Ongar and this new halal shop? Would do a great bit of business from me alone :D

Though on another note, I've lived in Ongar for 7 years now and rarely venture into the village, especially not since I've heard of the rapings and the Dunnes Stores fiascos.

1123heavy wrote: »
    Though on another note, I've lived in Ongar for 7 years now and rarely venture into the village, especially not since I've heard of the rapings.

Care to elaborate at all?

Care to elaborate at all?

Just over a year ago a young Polish girl (about 16 if memory serves me right) was raped by a group of men in Ongar village.

That's what I know of so one can only imagine what else has happened that we haven't heard of.

• Advertisement

Just over a year ago a young Polish girl (about 16 if memory serves me right) was raped by a group of men in Ongar village.

That's what I know of so one can only imagine what else has happened that we haven't heard of.

A gang rape in the middle of a busy Dublin village, that's never been reported on by the media, nor have the Gardai ever released any statement regarding...

Incredibly irresponsible to be fabricating such tales on a public forum, you should be ashamed of yourself.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,297 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well no, you know of one confirmed report, but that doesn't mean that it automatically extrapolates into multiple unconfirmed rapes. If there are proper crime statistics to support your supposition that's one thing, but baseless speculation is nothing more than scaremongering.

Zaph wrote: »
    Well no, you know of one confirmed report.

Confirmed report? Confirmed by whom?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm pretty sure the gang rape of a minor would have made the news and local bush telegraph. Never heard of it myself. Is this a genuine story?

A gang rape in the middle of a busy Dublin village, that's never been reported on by the media, nor have the Gardai ever released any statement regarding...

Incredibly irresponsible to be fabricating such tales on a public forum, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Well they were hardly doing it outside Domino's pizza.

Nothing to be ashamed of for reporting fact.

Nothing to be ashamed of for reporting fact.

Fact eh, so you witnessed said attack? Any particular reason why you or the alleged victim didn't report the incident to the Gardai?

Fact eh, so you witnessed said attack? Any particular reason why you or the alleged victim didn't report the incident to the Gardai?

You seem to be under the impression that everything gets splashed onto the front pages. It happened and I remember there being quite some talk about it, many people stopped allowing their kids into the village alone etc. I'm a grown man and as I said, I rarely venture into it.

I'm a grown man and as I said, I rarely venture into it.

They're raping grown men now also?

This monstrous rape gang really need locking up, it's a shame the Gardai haven't been notified on any of this.

Maybe the community in Ongar could form a posse?

They're raping grown men now also?

This monstrous rape gang really need locking up, it's a shame the Gardai haven't been notified on any of this.

Maybe the community in Ongar could form a posse?

I didn't say they're raping grown men. I said due to the high crime rate and such despicable incidents having taken place, walking through Ongar village doesn't exactly make for a nice evening stroll on any night. Therefore I avoid for safety fears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement