Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Please, please let it be true......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Chef Garden in Tyrellstown are opening up a restaurant in where Aurora used to be. They already have the take away outlet. The owner told me mid-October for opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Good news for Ongar! New Indian restaurant, The Glass Onion opening soon in old Jaipur restaurant. Facebook page already online. Great to have a another sit down eating option nearby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭1123heavy

ongarboy wrote: »
    Good news for Ongar! New Indian restaurant, The Glass Onion opening soon in old Jaipur restaurant. Facebook page already online. Great to have a another sit down eating option nearby!

Let's hope we don't get food poisoning from this place. I tried looking on facebook under that name but couldn't find anything, is there a slight variation in the name they use?

Try 'Glass Onion Ongar'

• Advertisement

D15 getting another ethnic cuisine restaurant! The Blue Elephant serving "Asian Street Food" is opening in Clonsilla next to Spar/Post Office. I like the paintwork they've done on the exterior!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Asian Street food! I like the sound of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

amdublin wrote: »
    Asian Street food! I like the sound of that!

Should be interesting, but their planing restricts their take away sales.

I know this thread is normally about new businesses opening but I'm sad to learn that the Pizza Project in Ongar has closed it's doors for good. A shame but unfortunately, it never seemed that busy when I visited and often was completely empty when I passed the window so I did wonder how they survived for as long as they did. Their lunches and weekend brunches were great so I'll miss them.

TK Maxx's homeware store Homesense is opening in the old Burtons/Evans unit in Westend Retail Park. Planning permission in with Fingal council.

• Advertisement

I know this thread is normally about new businesses opening but I'm sad to learn that the Pizza Project in Ongar has closed it's doors for good. A shame but unfortunately, it never seemed that busy when I visited and often was completely empty when I passed the window so I did wonder how they survived for as long as they did. Their lunches and weekend brunches were great so I'll miss them.

Went there once with the family and didn't like it, there was a general feel of "interesting to try but not again".

It was overpriced and not very filling. Though credit to the owner for trying.

As an aside I think this tells us what the people of Ongar are about, burgers, chips, pizzas (Domino's style), spice bags, wedge rolls from Dunnes etc etc. The chinese chipper is booming. Any la la fancy place is doomed before even opening its doors to be frank.

1123heavy wrote: »
    Went there once with the family and didn't like it, there was a general feel of "interesting to try but not again".

It was overpriced and not very filling. Though credit to the owner for trying.

As an aside I think this tells us what the people of Ongar are about, burgers, chips, pizzas, spice bags, wedge rolls from Dunnes etc etc. The chinese chipper is booming. Any la la fancy place is doomed before even opening its doors to be frank.

Interestingly, the chipper that was in the same place previously failed as well which I was surprised as I thought there would be a demand for what you listed above as the type of food the locals might eat. There is actually nowhere to go for a burger or fish'n'chips in Ongar in the evening (the pub might serve them but I mean like a takeaway). The nearest are in Clonsilla or Little Pace. Probably a good thing for our waistlines!!:o

Interestingly, the chipper that was in the same place previously failed as well which I was surprised as I thought there would be a demand for what you listed above as the type of food the locals might eat. There is actually nowhere to go for a burger or fish'n'chips in Ongar in the evening (the pub might serve them but I mean like a takeaway). The nearest are in Clonsilla or Little Pace. Probably a good thing for our waistlines!!:o

Indeed I've worked as a delivery driver for a popular chipper in Littlepace and every other order was to Ongar ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

If memory serves, there were at least three different chippers in that unit within a decade, before Pizza Project took over. Sad to see it close too, I ate/got takeaway there a few times, but it broke my heart to see it completely empty at the weekends especially, when Rendezvous Café two doors down would be heaving with customers....

I can't understand how a chipper can't do good business in a place like Ongar - maybe a sign of the rent being just that bit too high?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Its an odd one alright!

I don't work there anymore and i never ate there while working ... am i missing something about them ?! Lol

New suit shop called Love Suits (for hire and sales) opening in old newsagents/woolen shop in the Blanchardstown Village (Supervalu) SC.

The Pizza Project unit in Ongar is being taken over by Singa Asian food and Taro sushi and noodle bar. I'm surprised considering the building already has a Swords Garden chinese takeway and Host chinese is just around the corner.

Do Ongarians really love that much oriental food??:confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Not me anyway. Unless it was an Indian ....

Any news on a replacement for Jaipur?

• Advertisement

Not openings but noticed Currys/PC World and Pumpkin Patch units in the Blanchardstown SC have closed down. Not too surprised with Currys as it didn't make sense to have it so close to their superstore in the retail park.

Not openings but noticed Currys/PC World and Pumpkin Patch units in the Blanchardstown SC have closed down. Not too surprised with Currys as it didn't make sense to have it so close to their superstore in the retail park.

Pumpkin Patch went into receivership.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Not me anyway. Unless it was an Indian ....

Any news on a replacement for Jaipur?

There was a big promotional facebook page set up a few months back as if to say something was opening imminently but that seemed a bit premature as not a tap has been done to the place since Jaipur closed down. The same tables and chairs are still inside the windows gathering dust!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Anybody been into the new Asian restaurant where Pizza Project used to be? Am I right in thinking that those two units are now just one big open space?

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Anybody been into the new Asian restaurant where Pizza Project used to be? Am I right in thinking that those two units are now just one big open space?

Haven't been yet but it seems to be attracting more customers than the pizza place as a fair few tables seem to be occupied whenever I pass. I think the Swords Garden Chinese section still operates separately.

On another note, I see Lifestyle Sports are opening on the old Currys unit downstairs near Dunnes in the Blanch SC. I thought their massive outlet next to TK Maxx would've been enough for the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There used to be a Lifestyle where the 3 store is at Build a Bear not too long ago, strange they're opening in the centre again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

DoozerT6 wrote: »

Haven't been yet but it seems to be attracting more customers than the pizza place as a fair few tables seem to be occupied whenever I pass. I think the Swords Garden Chinese section still operates separately.

I've been in for lunch twice and it was lovely. Very more-ish.

I've heard it's nice on Friday evenings with byob

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭daymobrew

On another note, I see Lifestyle Sports are opening on the old Currys unit downstairs near Dunnes in the Blanch SC. I thought their massive outlet next to TK Maxx would've been enough for the area.
    Maybe that's too far for some people to go.

I think that the signage implies that the unit will concentrate on footwear, possibly to go up against JD Sports and Foot Locker. They can direct people to the larger unit for other items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

daymobrew wrote: »
    Maybe that's too far for some people to go.

I love the irony there. It's a sports shop but it's too far for people to walk to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I love the irony there. It's a sports shop but it's too far for people to walk to!

Lets face it most people in tracksuits around Blanch are fathletes :D

Advertisement