Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Job hunting and came across a new virgin media shop opening in the centre

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Shemale wrote: »
    Lets face it most people in tracksuits around Blanch are fathletes :D

That explains all the health food stores....2 McDonalds, 2 KFCs, Apache, Dominos, Burger King, TGIs, Eddies, Macaris etc...!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

sorry if this is a new place...
    Just wondering if anyone has tried the new takeway Taro noodle + sushi bar in Ongar village? what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Anyone know what the outlet beside Nike Factory in West End is going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

ClubDead wrote: »
    sorry if this is a new place...
    Just wondering if anyone has tried the new takeway Taro noodle + sushi bar in Ongar village? what do you think?

We got delivery sushi from there the other week and really enjoyed it. Delighted to have it as an option! Nice change from usual takeaways.

• Advertisement

sambora wrote: »
    Anyone know what the outlet beside Nike Factory in West End is going to be?

Homesense. It is a homeware chain operated by TK Maxx (I imagine they will stock similar to what you see in TK Maxx's own homeware/furnishings section). They have many outlets in the UK already.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

ongarboy wrote: »
    Homesense. It is a homeware chain operated by TK Maxx (I imagine they will stock similar to what you see in TK Maxx's own homeware/furnishings section). They have many outlets in the UK already.

Aw cool! I love TKMAxx homeware. Looking forward to that !

Ann Summers opening in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre in Unit 205 which I believe is the vacant unit next to Quiz clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,529 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ongarboy wrote: »
    Ann Summers opening in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre in Unit 205 which I believe is the vacant unit next to Quiz clothing.

Wonder will there be ridiculous protests like the first time it opened there... closed down not too long after due to them. Very different Ireland back then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The old Total Fitness in Blanchardstown is getting a revamp. There'll be a new development. Ger Conroy Fitness will be running the gym part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

January wrote: »
    The old Total Fitness in Blanchardstown is getting a revamp. There'll be a new development. Ger Conroy Fitness will be running the gym part.

Was only looking at it the other day. For sale sign still up. Was one car in the car park though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

Nice building but its in a horrid location. Its stranded on its own since the M50/N3 upgrade works years ago.
    How they ever got permission to have it there in the first place is very puzzling.

It closed not long after those works were completed if I remember correctly (or maybe just before). It was huge, the location wasn't the best but it was a good gym while it was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

They closed both there and sandyford if I recall correctly because of rent prices.
    I bet the owner was soon sorry they didn't do a deal.
    As far as location is concerned it's not great I guess, but it's not the worst. It's on its own so grand for the likes of a gym, if you ask me. You know where you are going and it's much handier than westpoint to get in and out of

I think Clarehall was the same. Like I said great gym. I've no idea what else will be there. Ger Conroy just had it on his FB page that it'll be open summer 2017.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

ongarite wrote: »
    Nice building but its in a horrid location. Its stranded on its own since the M50/N3 upgrade works years ago.
    How they ever got permission to have it there in the first place is very puzzling.

I'd disagree. Unless you live near a gym you're driving to it. And if you're driving to it then who cares where it is (as long as no traffic)

Tbh I prefer this location over the gym up at the towncentre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Interesting article about the centre

https://fora.ie/blanchardstown-shopping-centre-vacancies-3312728-Apr2017/

I hadn't heard CompuB was closing. I only shopped in it once in a blue moon but sad to see it going.

I hadn't realised French Connection had closed either. I don't visit that end of the centre much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Was there today for the first time in a while and noticed the empty units. Compu B closed yesterday, the jewelers beside Eason is gone too since I was last there. The number of empty units is noticeable, and for a Saturday it was reasonably quiet.

Tower Jewellers is closed a good while I think. Which other units are empty? Compu B, Pumpkin Patch, Currys (Going to be lifestyle), one beside Burton/DP (going to be Ann Summers?), French Connection, Tower Jewellers. That's 6?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I know the owner of the sweet shop now closed. Rent was increased three times as Dunnes own all that section

Seve OB wrote: »
    Was only looking at it the other day. For sale sign still up. Was one car in the car park though

That car has been sitting there for years

Seve OB wrote: »
    They closed both there and sandyford if I recall correctly because of rent prices.
    I bet the owner was soon sorry they didn't do a deal.
    As far as location is concerned it's not great I guess, but it's not the worst. It's on its own so grand for the likes of a gym, if you ask me. You know where you are going and it's much handier than westpoint to get in and out of

I think that the owners sold some of the carpark land off to the council for the motorway revamp and probably made a fortune. Then closed the gym up shortly after.

It's a great location for a gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

amtc wrote: »
    I know the owner of the sweet shop now closed.

That's the other place i was trying to think of that i noticed was gone today.

I walked by French Connection twice and never noticed it was closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭AlanG

There were about 5 cars in the car park when I drove by last week and they seemed to be repainting the lines in the car park so work is definitely going on. Hopefully they will reopen the pool section and the competition will put a halt to the recent price hikes seen in westmonstown. .

AlanG wrote: »
    There were about 5 cars in the car park when I drove by last week and they seemed to be repainting the lines in the car park so work is definitely going on. Hopefully they will reopen the pool section and the competition will put a halt to the recent price hikes seen in westmonstown. .

The pool isn't reopening or at least gc has said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭robbie000

I seen a new restaurant has opened up were Jaipur use to be, hopefully it will do well and there be another option for eating out in Ongar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

robbie000 wrote: »
    I seen a new restaurant has opened up were Jaipur use to be, hopefully it will do well and there be another option for eating out in Ongar.

what kind? Indian or something else?

robbie000 wrote: »

Oh that's great news - I haven't passed there in ages so didn't notice. I did see a Facebook ad a few months agofor the Glass Onion. I presume that's it?

https://www.facebook.com/glassonionongar/?hc_ref=SEARCH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭robbie000

Its called Bene restaurant and grill haven't had a chance to stop by and look at the menu even, might do later in the week.

Advertisement