Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fourinarow

I see Abrakebabra are going to be in the new Maxol Garage in Ballycoolin, I'm in trouble !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

fourinarow wrote:
    I see Abrakebabra are going to be in the new Maxol Garage in Ballycoolin, I'm in trouble !

I had it in liffey Valley after not having it for years and it didn't taste good at all

Strange to have different fast food places, wonder will it have chopped etc like m3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fourinarow

jeffk wrote: »
    I had it in liffey Valley after not having it for years and it didn't taste good at all

Strange to have different fast food places, wonder will it have chopped etc like m3

No chopped, bagel factory and o'briens for your healthy option!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

fourinarow wrote: »
    No chopped, bagel factory and o'briens for your healthy option!

There's a Bagel Factory and O'Briens just inside the gate behind where the garage is, wonder if that's staying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

New Garage? Where exactly in Ballycoolin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭dodzy

Oh sweet Jesus. You and me both.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I remember when Abrakebabra were the very first chain fast food restaurant to open in Dublin 15, long before McDonalds or KFC. 1987 or 88 I think it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I remember when Abrakebabra were the very first chain fast food restaurant to open in Dublin 15, long before McDonalds or KFC. 1987 or 88 I think it was.

Has it always been in that place on Main St in Blanch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

JupiterKid wrote: »

Only if you don't consider Macaris to have been a chain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

robbie000 wrote: »
    Its called Bene restaurant and grill haven't had a chance to stop by and look at the menu even, might do later in the week.
    Menu looks ok,not expensive,diversified and ... very tasty !
    Its a full A3 page,lots of pasta,steaks/meats and pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Keep checking this hoping to see something about 5 guys in the shopping center, one day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Cafe called patessarie (sp) valerie opening beside debenhams on level 1 where sugar dolls used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

January wrote: »
    Cafe called patessarie (sp) valerie opening beside debenhams on level 1 where sugar dolls used to be.

This is a large UK chain with very delicious and bad for you things. Nice to have one locally.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Is it not openiong inside Debenhams? That's what it seemed to be when I saw the hoarding the other day, on the left as you enter on the lower level. maybe they are also taking over the Sugar Dolls unit, I didn't really notice that one.

Patisserie Valerie have very delicious and fancy cakes but are a tad expensive, at least in the UK. I was only saying recently it'd be nice to have a proper bakery where you can sit in and eat in the shopping centre...be careful what you wish for, eh? :D

Hoarding outside Debenhams where Sugar Dolls used to be so they're prob taking over that unit and extending it into Debenhams yeah, I just saw a post on FB from Blanchardstown Centre.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Oh I see. I never spotted that Sugar Dolls was gone! It'll be interesting anyway, no doubt I'll have to pop in for a taster at some stage.

They opened a bigger unit beside cassidys travel agent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The development at Total Fitness is now called Junction 6 Castleknock, they are renting units which gives an indication of what will be in the new complex. Disappointing that it looks like they won't be using the pool.
    Restaurant
    Cafe
    Juice Bar
    Health Food Store
    Gyms
    Squash Courts (4 courts)
    Dance Studio
    Spinning Studio
    Sports Room (to rent hourly)
    Créche
    Hair Salon
    Beauty Salon
    Kids Activity Centre
    Sports Store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭RoiSoleil

robbie000 wrote: »
    I seen a new restaurant has opened up were Jaipur use to be, hopefully it will do well and there be another option for eating out in Ongar.

They're not exactly ingratiating themselves with the neighbourhood right now. Music blaring out of the place. I don't think they realise (or care) that they are in the heart of a residential area. Didn't realise they were going to use it as a function room as well as a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

January wrote:
    Hoarding outside Debenhams where Sugar Dolls used to be so they're prob taking over that unit and extending it into Debenhams yeah, I just saw a post on FB from Blanchardstown Centre.
    miamee wrote:
    Oh I see. I never spotted that Sugar Dolls was gone! It'll be interesting anyway, no doubt I'll have to pop in for a taster at some stage.
    20-04-2017 14:16
    They opened a bigger unit beside cassidys travel agent
    I was there on Saturday and Sugar Dolls still has two locations.
    It looks like Patisserie Valerie sign is inside a Debenhams window.

Aside: Has any new unit opening in French Connection, opposite M&S?

Yes, there's now a Vila where French Connection used to be. Men and womens clothes.

Virgin Media have opened where Newbridge Silverware used to have their small shop before they expanded. And hoarding is up for Ann Summers announcing a June opening in the unit that I think was D2 and Fosters before that. That is the first time in years that whole strip of the upper mall has been fully occupied.

RoiSoleil wrote: »
    They're not exactly ingratiating themselves with the neighbourhood right now. Music blaring out of the place. I don't think they realise (or care) that they are in the heart of a residential area. Didn't realise they were going to use it as a function room as well as a restaurant.

Hmmm....that's interesting...and annoying. Not sure I'd want to have a meal with blaring music on at the same time. If just out for drinks, fair enough but it is not a bar from what I understand?

https://www.facebook.com/beneongar/

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭RoiSoleil

ongarboy wrote: »
    Hmmm....that's interesting...and annoying. Not sure I'd want to have a meal with blaring music on at the same time. If just out for drinks, fair enough but it is not a bar from what I understand?

https://www.facebook.com/beneongar/

The whole place had been rented out for a party so that's why the music was so loud. I spoke to the manager who claimed it was a once off. Time will tell I guess. It's totally unsuitable as a function venue as there is zero sound proofing and it's in the middle of a residential area. I'm not sure if they're supposed to use it as a funtion venue either. The planning notice only mentioned a restaurant. In any case it's not a great business plan to pi55 off the neighbours a week after opening. Having spoken to my neighbours, they've already lost a lot of potential customers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

A wholly uninspring menu! I miss Jaipur :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭budgemook

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    The development at Total Fitness is now called Junction 6 Castleknock, they are renting units which gives an indication of what will be in the new complex. Disappointing that it looks like they won't be using the pool.

Do you know when this will be open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

quickbeam wrote: »
    A wholly uninspring menu! I miss Jaipur :(

Whats wrong with the menu ?

Standard starters, nice pasta, steak/meat, pizza, fish and few desserts.
    Quite nic€,i will say.

Jaipur,there are 2 simillar places a mile away in Clonee.

Enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

rolion wrote: »
    Whats wrong with the menu ?

Standard starters, nice pasta, steak/meat, pizza, fish and few desserts.
    Quite nic€,i will say.

Jaipur,there are 2 simillar places a mile away in Clonee.

Enjoy it.

That's exactly it. Very standard . No imagination .

My go-to Indian us now Spice of India in Clonsilla. Very good fair.

Advertisement