Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

budgemook wrote: »
    Do you know when this will be open?

Approx june

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

quickbeam wrote: »
    That's exactly it. Very standard . No imagination .

My go-to Indian us now Spice of India in Clonsilla. Very good fair.

" It's not nice what is nice...is nice what i think it is ! "

Before,i used to drive to Leixlip for a bit of seafood pasta and nice vegetables.
    Now,i can just walk.

To be honest,i havent been there yet,i may go soon and may come out with same or diferent opinion.Until then,lets wish them good luck and hope to read here for feedback !

Enjoy your tasty meal,whatever you chose...
    Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

RoiSoleil wrote: »
    The whole place had been rented out for a party so that's why the music was so loud. I spoke to the manager who claimed it was a once off. Time will tell I guess. It's totally unsuitable as a function venue as there is zero sound proofing and it's in the middle of a residential area. I'm not sure if they're supposed to use it as a funtion venue either. The planning notice only mentioned a restaurant. In any case it's not a great business plan to pi55 off the neighbours a week after opening. Having spoken to my neighbours, they've already lost a lot of potential customers.

Unless you want more vacant shop units in your neighbourhood, organising a mass boycott among the locals maybe isn't a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭RoiSoleil

Unless you want more vacant shop units in your neighbourhood, organising a mass boycott among the locals maybe isn't a great idea.

I'd prefer a vacant unit than a place that keeps me awake at night to be honest. I just think it showed a total lack of consideration for the people living near the restaurant. Nobody is organising a mass boycott. It's just that they've pissed off a lot of people in the area who are now unlikely to go to their restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

http://www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/shopping/tk-maxxs-homeware-superstore-homesense-12952337

I think this is opening in the old Burtons/Evans store in Westend retail park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Polar101

RoiSoleil wrote: »
    I'd prefer a vacant unit than a place that keeps me awake at night to be honest. I just think it showed a total lack of consideration for the people living near the restaurant.

They are now advertising live music on Friday - I'm confused, is supposed to be a bar or a restaurant?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭RoiSoleil

Polar101 wrote: »
    They are now advertising live music on Friday - I'm confused, is supposed to be a bar or a restaurant?

It's a restaurant not a bar. Guess that whole "it was a once off" was a lie then.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

Anybody know what the new building beside AIB bank in Westend is for?
    Looks to be single large store rather than a few individual ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Anybody know what the new building beside AIB bank in Westend is for?
    Looks to be single large store rather than a few individual ones.
    I think that the planning application is FW16A/0087
    Planning permission for development at a site south west of the existing bank outlet on the existing car park. The development will consist of a change of use of the retail unit (c. 644 sq.m) permitted but not yet constructed under Reg. Ref. FW15A/0168 to provide for an Off Licence for the sales of wines, spirits, beers and related products.
    It's a big looking off licence.

It looks like the buildings were built via planning application FW15A/0168

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Horrible place to have to goto for an Off licence. I am sure it will do well but I know I would rather go away from the traffic for a few beers /wine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The bigger O'Briens that used to be near there didn't last too long, and wasn't there a Carryout in the Chopped/Westend barbers complex?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The bigger O'Briens that used to be near there didn't last too long, and wasn't there a Carryout in the Chopped/Westend barbers complex?

Think it was an Oddbins. I used it back in the day when it was hard to get the usual standard beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

They used to have wine tasting nights and the likes there too.

I see they posted the public notice for this place in the Irish Examiner, you can be sure that was purposely done so as to keep the number of locals seeing it down.

Smiggle (australian stationary shop) opening June in blanchardstown centre. Not sure which unit

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Horrible place to have to goto for an Off licence. I am sure it will do well but I know I would rather go away from the traffic for a few beers /wine.
    I see O'Briens off licence branding on the building now.

I asked in the existing O'Briens and he said that the new one is 3 times the size. The existing one will close when the new one is ready - should be within month.
    He felt that it would be easier for access and parking.

O'Brien's weren't terribly long in the main shopping centre but it's true, if you're just looking for offy drinks, you want to drive up and collect instead of competing with all the mall shoppers for parking at one of the busiest and largest shopping centres in the country.  I think that's why Molloys in Clonsilla does so well as a stand alone shop.
    Oddbins was near where GAP and McQuillan Tools were if I'm not mistaken?

daymobrew wrote: »
    I see O'Briens off licence branding on the building now.

I asked in the existing O'Briens and he said that the new one is 3 times the size. The existing one will close when the new one is ready - should be within month.

Had a look there on my way out and it's pretty big alright.
    I'll drop in obviously if there but I'll stick to Molloys for handiness.

Planning application to extend Blanchardstown Centre
    https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2017/0504/872414-blanchardstown-centre/

This seems fairly significant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

ongarboy wrote: »
    Planning application to extend Blanchardstown Centre
    https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2017/0504/872414-blanchardstown-centre/

This seems fairly significant!

That's crazy. There are shops constantly closing down as it is, why do they need more space?

Where is the extension going to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Justin10

January wrote: »

I seen a planning permission sign on the piece of land across the road from the McDonald's drive thru, beside the car wash.. Only bit of land that seems available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

That's crazy. There are shops constantly closing down as it is, why do they need more space?

Exactly!

Hard to keep up with what's there and isn't.

They could do with a tesco, second hand book store, brother says mens shoe shop

Probably end up with another load of clothes shops

January wrote: »

A similar article in the Irish Times today said that the main central mall would be extended with some existing stores been torn out and relocated to enable larger store units to be built. I'm wondering will it be where the Disney store currently is that will be knocked out? I thought I read here before that it was just a pop up store. Maybe there is lots of unused space behind there?

I know people say there is vacant units already but shops the size of recently vacated Compu-B or the Watch Store will not attract the likes of Forever 21, Hollister, Superdrug or other big name stores that want big open plan units. These are the type of retailers that the new owners are targeting.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/blanchardstown-centre-plans-15m-expansion-1.3071179

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

jeffk wrote: »
    Exactly!

They could do with a tesco, second hand book store, brother says mens shoe shop

Probably end up with another load of clothes shops

With Dunnes already there they're not going to be adding a second supermarket, and a second hand book store is completely out of keeping with the existing tenants, and presumably they type of future tenants that the owners will be hoping to attract. A men's shoe shop might be a worthwhile addition, but it's not going to make much of a dent in the extra 60,000 square feet they're planning to add.

Zaph wrote: »
    With Dunnes already there they're not going to be adding a second supermarket, and a second hand book store is completely out of keeping with the existing tenants, and presumably they type of future tenants that the owners will be hoping to attract. A men's shoe shop might be a worthwhile addition, but it's not going to make much of a dent in the extra 60,000 square feet they're planning to add.

Funny they had roches then supervalu and now M&S and Lidl, still love a Tesco or even Supervalu back. Tesco with homeware and clothes be nice.

I seen a list someone said, wouldnt say no to Superdrug, but I dont know if it will do well going the Dundrum apporach.

A plus size men/women would be nice.

Speaking of sizeable things, foodcourt, its crying out for one and more choice(Liffey valley is a almost perfect example)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A foodcourt would be great if it was done properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Zaph wrote: »
    A foodcourt would be great if it was done properly.

Yep. There are plenty of the usual fast food places in Blanch so a bit more variety would be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Polar101

Also the new one is next to a pub, so they might get extra business from people who have already had a few.

jeffk wrote: »
    I do my best to record the comings and goings on BlanchCentreHistory.com - this thread helps!

I am trying to find time to rearchitect the opening/closing dates as some brands have multiple outlets e.g. Sugar Dolls and Lifestyle.

• Advertisement

I do my best to record the comings and goings on [URL="[/URL] - this thread helps!

I am trying to find time to rearchitect the opening/closing dates as some brands have multiple outlets e.g. Sugar Dolls and Lifestyle.

I had you/the site in mind when I wrote it, but havent heard it mentioned and assumed it wasnt updated

Im delighted to see its still going, will bookmark it :cool:

Advertisement