Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

daymobrew wrote: »
    I do my best to record the comings and goings on BlanchCentreHistory.com - this thread helps!

I am trying to find time to rearchitect the opening/closing dates as some brands have multiple outlets e.g. Sugar Dolls and Lifestyle.

there is nothing on that page? I expected to see some sort of list but nothing there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Polar101 wrote: »
    Also the new one is next to a pub, so they might get extra business from people who have already had a few.

Wetherspoons has an off licence too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Seve OB wrote: »
    there is nothing on that page? I expected to see some sort of list but nothing there?

You need to click on the links to the right. Such as "Closed" or "Retail Park 1"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I do my best to record the comings and goings on BlanchCentreHistory.com - this thread helps!

I am trying to find time to rearchitect the opening/closing dates as some brands have multiple outlets e.g. Sugar Dolls and Lifestyle.

I see Swarovski is listed as closed. Has it closed recently or did it have another unit around there before that closed? edit: I see when you click the name it brings you to the history, seems like it was a previous unit.

You need to click on the links to the right. Such as "Closed" or "Retail Park 1"

United course of Benetton is not on the list. I know it used to be in blanch bit unsure where exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I am definitely open to suggestions as to what should be on the front page. And what info should be on the individual shop pages too.
    United course of Benetton is not on the list. I know it used to be in blanch bit unsure where exactly.
    I only started this back in late 2012 so I missed a huge number of previous changes, though posters to this forum did help as best as their memories allowed.

If you can guess where Benetton was then I can add it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I think Benneton was beside Debenhams on the upper level on the right hand side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

dickwod1 wrote: »
    I think Benneton was beside Debenhams on the upper level on the right hand side

Definitely where the bagel bar is now

January wrote: »
    Definitely where the bagel bar is now
    Bagel Bar is tiny - would a clothing shop have fit in there? Bagel Bar was there in 2012 - that is when I downloaded a PDF map from the Blanch Centre website.

Wallis was beside it. I think that it was the unit where Disney is now.

Bagel Bar is tiny - would a clothing shop have fit in there? Bagel Bar was there in 2012 - that is when I downloaded a PDF map from the Blanch Centre website.

Wallis was beside it. I think that it was the unit where Disney is now.

Yup it's tiny as far as I am aware debemams took over some of the space so it would he where the make up kiosks such as urban decay etc are as well as bagel bar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

That's correct about Benetton having been where the Bagel Bar is now (a friend used to work there) also yes, Wallis was where Disney is now.

Pears of Parnell street used to b ed downstairs where the sweet shop is.
    Tommy's??? Think that was the name, maybe more to it? Used to be where Mr Price is.

Pears of Parnell street used to b ed downstairs where the sweet shop is.
    Tommy's??? Think that was the name, maybe more to it? Used to be where Mr Price is.
    Thanks for reminding me of Tommy's - I've added it:
    http://www.blanchcentrehistory.com/2010/03/mr-price/

I had Peat's alright.
    http://www.blanchcentrehistory.com/2010/06/peats/

Thanks for the Benneton info. I'll add that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I thought Tommy's was just rebranded Mr Price? Didn't shut and no change in product range, uniforms, communion dresses etc

miamee wrote: »
    That's correct about Benetton having been where the Bagel Bar is now (a friend used to work there) also yes, Wallis was where Disney is now.
    Did Benetton move to Westend Retail Park after being in the main centre?
    http://www.mystore411.com/store/listing/2207/ireland/United-Colors-of-Benetton-store-locations

Any idea when Benetton closed and Bagel Bar opened?

Did Benetton move to Westend Retail Park after being in the main centre?
    http://www.mystore411.com/store/listing/2207/ireland/United-Colors-of-Benetton-store-locations

Any idea when Benetton closed and Bagel Bar opened?

They were in westend after afair

athtrasna wrote: »
    I thought Tommy's was just rebranded Mr Price? Didn't shut and no change in product range, uniforms, communion dresses etc

Nope pretty sure it closed for a short while

• Registered Users Posts: 27,648 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

ongarboy wrote: »
    Planning application to extend Blanchardstown Centre
    https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2017/0504/872414-blanchardstown-centre/

This seems fairly significant!

From the FCC website.

"The proposed development involves the demolition of internal walls, service yard walls and associated structures, to provide for an extension of the Central Mall over three levels, resulting in a total additional GFA of 2,901 sq.m, with a screened tenant plant area proposed at roof level. The proposal results in an additional gross retail area of 2,666 sq.m, consisting of 784 sq.m at Level 1 (Unit 114/116 and 117), 702 sq.m at Level 2 and 1,180 sq.m at Level 3 (an additional floor level) (Unit 206-207, 208, 211-212 at Level 2 and 3). The proposal part infills the existing service yard and extends the service yard area, which includes a relocated switchroom, substation, telecoms room (all within a utilities building), plant and refuse storage areas, into the adjacent car park. The proposal involves the removal of 46 no. car parking spaces in the adjacent car park (Green), the provision of 30 no. bicycle parking spaces and associated landscaping works and boundary treatments."

No other documents up yet.

By my calculations it is a 3% expansion.

athtrasna wrote: »

yep, closed down alright.

And I knew there was something else to it! Tommy's Wonderland :D

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/staff-devastated-at-sudden-closure-of-shop-26636852.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Mr Price has since become a nationwide discount chain store along the lines of Dealz whereas I think Tommy's was just a one off shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

ongarboy wrote: »
    Mr Price has since become a nationwide discount chain store along the lines of Dealz whereas I think Tommy's was just a one off shop.

I vaguely remember a Tommy's in Northside SC when I was a kid so I think there were more than one of them.

There were a few Tommy's around, also in Tallaght or Kilnamanagh I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I am definitely open to suggestions as to what should be on the front page. And what info should be on the individual shop pages too.
    I only started this back in late 2012 so I missed a huge number of previous changes, though posters to this forum did help as best as their memories allowed.

If you can guess where Benetton was then I can add it.

I don't know how far back you want or if you already have these, didnt see them, but polo i think it was called used to be upstairs- perhaps where Claires now is?
    Adams kids clothing was where pumpkin patch was- now also closed.
    There used to be a store I think called golden Web or spiders Web or something where perfume shop is now.
    Vibe clothing store used to be in the corner unit vlose to the bathroom accross from florists, i think where three phone shop downstairs is.
    Pizza Hut used to be where KFC is- I want pizza Hut back.
    Borders was in the Westend where new look is (?) now. I also want this back!
    Sorry if you had them already, didn't see them but on mobile.

and there was a Storbucks in Borders

and there was a Storbucks in Borders

The Starbucks was in Newlook too until recently.

neonsofa wrote: »
    I don't know how far back you want
    All the way back to October 1996, when it opened. Ideally :-)

With respect to the 3 storey extension, the Wikipedia article says that the plans for this started back in 2009 but nothing was done. It mentions a Community Voice article. It looks like the entire yellow entrance car park would be replaced with the 3 storey building!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,648 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

With respect to the 3 storey extension, the Wikipedia article says that the plans for this started back in 2009 but nothing was done. It mentions a Community Voice article. It looks like the entire yellow entrance car park would be replaced with the 3 storey building!

This plan seems to have been shelved for now, with the new proposal involving taking spaces from the Green Car Park. Will be interested to see the full plans when available.

blanch152 wrote: »
    This plan seems to have been shelved for now, with the new proposal involving taking spaces from the Green Car Park. Will be interested to see the full plans when available.
    It's taking a long time to get the docs online - the application was submitted Wednesday last week.
    I think that FCC prints the docs and then scans to PDF. They should be taking electronic docs, watermarking them with the receipt date and the posting. The docs would be clearer and smaller.

The application is at: http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=FW17A/0074

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Ireland's first drive thru Starbucks to open this summer at the new Maxol forecourt in Ballycoolin.   O'Briens, Abrakebabra and The Bagel Factory already open.

https://www.businessworld.ie/news/Maxol-announces-50-Irish-jobs-568410.html

• Advertisement

I was wondering why there wasn't any coffee places open in there yet. I have to say, that'll be pretty handy.

Advertisement