Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭dodzy

ongarboy wrote: »
    Ireland's first drive thru Starbucks to open this summer?at the new Maxol forecourt in Ballycoolin.?? O'Briens, Abrakebabra and The Bagel Factory already open.

https://www.businessworld.ie/news/Maxol-announces-50-Irish-jobs-568410.html
    Where is this site folks? Up at the cruiserath end of town?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

dodzy wrote: »
    Where is this site folks? Up at the cruiserath end of town?

Up past where the Texaco is and near the Esb sub station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

ClubDead wrote: »
    sorry if this is a new place...
    Just wondering if anyone has tried the new takeway Taro noodle + sushi bar in Ongar village? what do you think?

I've eaten there a couple of times now and it's really nice! I'd recommend it if you're in the area. You get a complimentary cup of green tea when you sit down :) They also do a special lunch menu between 12-5pm, seven days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

I got a menu in the door last week for a place called Glass Onion in Ongar village. Has anyone tried it yet? Where is it? I was in the village this morning and can't see it :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

ClubDead wrote: »
    I got a menu in the door last week for a place called Glass Onion in Ongar village. Has anyone tried it yet? Where is it? I was in the village this morning and can't see it :confused:

Where Jaipur used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

January wrote: »
    Where Jaipur used to be.

That's Bene now. glass onion originally said they were going to be a cocktail bar / restaurant but seem to be a take away place. It's beside where Jaipur was - in the building where the sign for Influence hairdresser is.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

That's Bene now. glass onion originally said they were going to be a cocktail bar / restaurant but seem to be a take away place. It's beside where Jaipur was - in the building where the sign for Influence hairdresser is.

have you tried it yet? any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

we tried it last week. very good and will go back. We got the pizza to share and was plenty between 2 and very nice. Starters, pizza and wine was €45 and complimentary glass wine each at the end,good service,nice enough in side.

good to give local place a go, I think they will do well with that type of menu at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭17togo

ClubDead wrote:
    I got a menu in the door last week for a place called Glass Onion in Ongar village. Has anyone tried it yet? Where is it? I was in the village this morning and can't see it

Ate out of there last night. Really nice, they're doing a meal for 2 for 26euro I think. And we got feckin loads in it.
    It's not a restaurant, just a takeaway and it's at the other side of the arch where the new bene restaurant is. Would definitely eat there again. Got tikka masala (I'm pretty wussy when it comes to spicy food) but it was very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Glad to see an Indian option in Ongar again. In fairness, Ongar has a decent choice of eat in or take out restaurants at this stage. 
    Rendez Vous cafe, Cu Chulainn bar food, Taro asian/noodle bar, Swords Garden chinese, Host Chinese, Domino's Pizza, Bene, Glass Onion Indian and I suppose you include Pavlov's also if you fancy coffee and cake.
    All that's missing is a chipper but that tried and failed surprisingly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Have to laugh at the way business after business come to ongar village, fail miserably, then some guys seem to think they know exactly what's needed to turn the place into the next big thing ... then they fail miserably too. Wash, rinse, repeat.

We've had pizza, curry, you bloody name it we've had it. Now I see sushi is being added to the list. Oh dear.

Speaking of fish though, I went into that swords garden place recently to give it a try. Having been charged for a tiny bit of sweet and sour on my noodles, the place then served up the most tasteless prawns I have ever had in my entire life. It may well have been cardboard I was eating. Recently I went to host in clonsilla and the prawns were lovely, for a very similar price too.

I distinctly remember Jaipur charging something like 20 euro for a curry (no exaggeration), the guys made a fortune for a short while (An Indian friend of mine knew the owners) until people copped ... we all saw how that worked out for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Homesense opening in Westend retail park on June 8th.

http://www.westend.ie/homesense/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Glad to see an Indian option in Ongar again. In fairness, Ongar has a decent choice of eat in or take out restaurants at this stage. 
    Rendez Vous cafe, Cu Chulainn bar food, Taro asian/noodle bar, Swords Garden chinese, Host Chinese, Domino's Pizza, Bene, Glass Onion Indian and I suppose you include Pavlov's also if you fancy coffee and cake.
    All that's missing is a chipper but that tried and failed surprisingly!

I never understood how the various chippers that opened in Ongar all closed within a couple of years - chippers are usually the last man standing in terms of take-aways! I'm assuming the rents are too high for them to turn a decent enough profit. Or maybe it's that healthier/more cosmopolitan eating habits have pushed the humble decent chipper down the food chain, so to speak?...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭AlanG

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    I never understood how the various chippers that opened in Ongar all closed within a couple of years - chippers are usually the last man standing in terms of take-aways! I'm assuming the rents are too high for them to turn a decent enough profit. Or maybe it's that healthier/more cosmopolitan eating habits have pushed the humble decent chipper down the food chain, so to speak?...

Pretty sure its the rents. The raw materials for a chipper are far more expensive than a Chinese and the margins are far less. Fresh cod and chips for 7 or 8 euro has far more expensive ingredients than the average Chinese or indian meal for 11 which has at most a small breast of battery chicken from Thailand in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

There's a new place opening soon in Deanstown house at the end of Blanch main street, Jade Natural Health. Just saw their FB. Looks like Acupuncture/Herbs/Massage, moving (or in addition to, I'm not sure) the INMI over Laurel Lodge SC.

Anyone been to the new Homesense store in Westend yet?  Is it just the same as the homeware section in TK Maxx?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Anyone been to the new Homesense store in Westend yet?  Is it just the same as the homeware section in TK Maxx?

Was there last night as it happens

Similar type of stuff but much more variety

Some nice furniture as well, indoor and outdoor furniture
    I didn't feel the furniture was a bargain price or anything but some of it was nice and seemed good quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, not cheap but some nice enough stuff there.

• Advertisement

Does anyone if the new Bene restaurant in Ongar has already closed down? We tried to go there for a meal last night to try it out around 8pm and it was closed.  I tried to check their Facebook page to see if maybe they don't open on Tuesdays but there was no listing of opening hours and there wasn't any activity or posts at all since mid May suggesting it has all gone very silent.  Would be a shame if it closed so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I don't think so - I was in there last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Polar101

Does anyone if the new Bene restaurant in Ongar has already closed down?

On Just Eat they are listed as closed on Tuesdays, but open on other days.

https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-bene-ongar/

Polar101 wrote: »
    On Just Eat they are listed as closed on Tuesdays, but open on other days.

https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-bene-ongar/

Ah right thank you! Trust us to pick the evening they were closed. I'll have to pick another day soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ridiculous. Sure they might as well go the whole hog and let them build the one in Clonsilla as well so the whole of D15 can sit stuck in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Zaph wrote: »
    Ridiculous. Sure they might as well go the whole hog and let them build the one in Clonsilla as well so the whole of D15 can sit stuck in traffic.

Aldi not Lidl, for Clonsilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

ciaran76 wrote: »

Where in Castleknock is it going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

eire1 wrote: »
    Where in Castleknock is it going?

Beside the new methadone clinic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

Costcutter on Clonsilla Road (Was Brophy's, then Mahony's) opposite Blanchardstown Credit Union is under new management. Place looks great. Big improvement. Hopefully it works well for the guy (Vincent).

Advertisement