Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,529 ✭✭✭✭L1011

robbie000 wrote: »
    I think this might be going in the unit beside AIB were the new off license has gone in.

Virtually no passing trade there so I'd find that an odd choice. Odd things do happen though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

The owners of "The cock and bull" chain have bought the vineyard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

dickwod1 wrote: »
    The owners of "The cock and bull" chain have bought the vineyard

was told by a friend they wont be doing food until after renovations

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭vegetables

I wonder if the building of that petrol station up by Orion business park is a sign of more businesses on the way.

They'd know in advance where future footfall would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

vegetables wrote: »
    I wonder if the building of that petrol station up by Orion business park is a sign of more businesses on the way.

The whole area is designated for commercial development so there's plenty of development on the way. It's there to cater for business trade as it closes relatively early, with the food places inside even earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭vegetables

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The whole area is designated for commercial development so there's plenty of development on the way. It's there to cater for business trade as it closes relatively early, with the food places inside even earlier.

Interesting. Know any specifics?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

I think that's were Amzon planning to go close by

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

There's a new vegan cafe opening just off the M50 at Junction 6. The tags on the article suggest it's in Castleknock. They're attached to a yoga studio in town so it could potentially be part of the new gym?

https://thetaste.ie/wp/vegan-cafe-happy-food-second-location/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Interesting. Know any specifics?

Fingal have the details in the various Local Area Plans, most of that area falls under the Cherryhound one, http://www.fingal.ie/planning-and-buildings/development-plans-and-consultations/adopted-local-area-plans/cherryhound-local-area-plan/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's a new vegan cafe opening just off the M50 at Junction 6. The tags on the article suggest it's in Castleknock. They're attached to a yoga studio in town so it could potentially be part of the new gym?

https://thetaste.ie/wp/vegan-cafe-happy-food-second-location/

Yes it will be in the new Junction 6 venue along with Ger Conroy Fitness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I see signs for KBC bank opening up where obriens off licence used to be on the lower ground floor of Blanch shopping centre opposite Specsavers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ozmo

There is an application for a "Fast Food" business in Clonsilla Village - near the Applegreen Service Station - no mention of exactly what type it will be.

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=FW17A/0120

hx5fva.png

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

ozmo wrote: »
    There is an application for a "Fast Food" business in Clonsilla Village - near the Applegreen Service Station - no mention of exactly what type it will be.

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=FW17A/0120

hx5fva.png

Wonder if Subway going in there? Sitting area!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Nolimits

glossy wrote: »
    Wonder if Subway going in there? Sitting area!

Doubt it would be a big chain in Clonsilla, or am I wrong and would it have the footfall?

If I am wrong, I'd be hoping for 5 guys*

*I realise how unlikely this is.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Bunsen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ozmo

Just reading through the objections - mostly due to the loss of trees, dense development and the turning of the street into a fast food strip with 9 or so other take aways already present.

1. Clonsilla inn (700m away)
    2. Spice of india takeaway (610m)
    3. Blue Dolphin Takeaway (560m)
    4. Spar deli counter 570m
    5. Romayos Chipper 540m
    6. Ravellos Pizza takeaway 520
    7. Italian Restrauant 520m
    8. Host Chineese 521m
    9. Subway 40m away
    (+Retail Units at Ongar link road under construction)

When you list them - it does seem rather a lot for a few hundred meters.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

An Indian Take-Away opening today in Deanstown House on Main Street, Blanch

http://masala.ie/blanchardstown/

I'm looking forward to trying it out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Hmmm, tell me more, tell me more! What's going in the Ongar Link Road and where?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

An Indian Take-Away opening today in Deanstown House on Main Street, Blanch

http://masala.ie/blanchardstown/

I'm looking forward to trying it out

Passed by it this evening, tucked in next to the TaxAssist Accountants - it looks "fancy" enough from the outside for a take-away. Pity the GF won't try Indian :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Hmmm, tell me more, tell me more! What's going in the Ongar Link Road and where?

Can anyone tell me where the "Ongar Link Road" is? I'm aware of the Ongar (Distributor) Road and (the inspirationally named) Clonsilla Link Road, however I don't know this Ongar Link Road! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Passed by it this evening, tucked in next to the TaxAssist Accountants - it looks "fancy" enough from the outside for a take-away. Pity the GF won't try Indian :rolleyes:

What sort of werido won't try a certain type of food

Tell her, from someone who can no longer eat Indian food because it sets off a gallbladder attack, that she's missing out.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where the "Ongar Link Road" is? I'm aware of the Ongar (Distributor) Road and (the inspirationally named) Clonsilla Link Road, however I don't know this Ongar Link Road! :confused:

I *think* the Ongar Link Road is the Road between Ongar and Clonsilla, going past Windemere and Aldemere, but don't quote me on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I would assume, and I could be wrong, that it is a reference to the Clonsilla Link Road

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3851091,-6.4185177,583m/data=!3m1!1e3

The triangular shaped plot bounded by the Clonsilla Link Road, the Clonsilla Road and the back of the Portersgate Estate has planning granted for 90+ residential units, mix of houses and apartments, a supermarket (my guess would be Lidl), a creche, offices, café, and a retail unit. No bookies or take away allowed in the retail unit. FW16A/0176

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00564412.pdf

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00561037.pdf

This is all just over 100 m from the new planning application for a restaurant / apartment development beside the Applegreen on the Clonsilla Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

January wrote: »
    I *think* the Ongar Link Road is the Road between Ongar and Clonsilla, going past Windemere and Aldemere, but don't quote me on that.

That particular road has a variety of names. My undestanding is that it is know to older Clonsilla residents and I'm talking of residents from the 1930's and 1940's as the Hansfield Road.
    I recall it also been identified locally in the 1970's as the "the road up to St.Joseph's Hospital" and the Clonee Road.
    But you do raise an interesting point, what is it actually called? 😀

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Clonsilla Road?

I know it starts at the old Garden House Chinese at the junction with Blanchardstown Main Street, but I think it continues all the way to St. Joseph's. If you check the Eircode for St. Joseph's it says it's the Clonsilla Road. But I think to distinguish it from other sections of the same road then "the road up to St.Joseph's Hospital" is perfectly fine.

January wrote: »

Could well be, there's no actual name on that road on Google Maps for some strange reason. And if you search for Ongar Link Road it brings you to the Clonsilla Link Road, i.e. the road from Cunninghams Undertakers up to the Ongar Distributor Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Zaph wrote: »
    Could well be, there's no actual name on that road on Google Maps for some strange reason. And if you search for Ongar Link Road it brings you to the Clonsilla Link Road, i.e. the road from Cunninghams Undertakers up to the Ongar Distributor Road.
    Open Street Map is good to check as it is created by people on the ground and they often check street names.

I've reported a number of errors to Google Maps and they are quite good about fixing them, especially when StreetView or Open Street Map clearly show the right name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Zaph wrote: »
    Bunsen!

Care to expand on this?

Do you know something?

• Advertisement

quazzy wrote: »
    Care to expand on this?

Do you know something?

No, just posting my wish list. It's a short list. :)

Advertisement