Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

An Indian Take-Away opening today in Deanstown House on Main Street, Blanch

http://masala.ie/blanchardstown/

I'm looking forward to trying it out

Tried this last night. I got the meal for 1 - chicken korma, rice, naan and samosas for €14. Tbh it would feed two. Maybe add an extra side if you like big portions! It was delicious. Not too rich, really fresh flavours and the chicken was lovely. I usually find steamed rice bland but it had a lovely flavour. The pastry on the samosas was gorgeous too. It was pretty busy and the staff were super friendly. It's a bit pricy (Indian usually is) but I'll definitely get it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Saw a very large sign at the side of the Vineyard this morning. The new pub is to be called The Black Wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭AlanG

LadyW wrote: »
    Saw a very large sign at the side of the Vineyard this morning. The new pub is to be called The Black Wolf.

Nice food pics on their facebook page so hopefully they deliver on the promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,868 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

AlanG wrote: »
    Nice food pics on their facebook page so hopefully they deliver on the promise.

They are looking for hire a Chef.

https://ie.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=0c41a232b082a192&q=Chef+De+Partie&l=County+Dublin&tk=1bopgeiit9v8uckn&from=web

"Must be familiar with the style of food offered at the Cock and Bull"

http://www.thecockandbull.ie/raheny-menu/

http://www.thecockandbull.ie/coolock-menu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not new more new ish but what's the Blue Elephant like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

RasTa wrote: »
    Not new more new ish but what's the Blue Elephant like?

Lovely grub. Also byob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I see the Costa is now open beside the rather disappointing O'Brien's.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

ozmo wrote: »
    There is an application for a "Fast Food" business in Clonsilla Village - near the Applegreen Service Station - no mention of exactly what type it will be.

Hot Food Take Away has been rejected by Fingal on grounds of there being enough in the area in accordance with the new Development Plan. The Developers have been asked to submit revised drawings of the development omitting the take away.

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00565709.pdf

The above link will expire so you'll need the application No: FW17A/0120

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's a new barbers opened in Mulhuddart beside the Community Centre/Spar. It's called Peaky & Co. Want to give them a recommendation because my three-year-old son absolutely hates getting his hair cut, today, whilst there was a few tears in the new place the guy was so patient and kind with him that by the end my son was delighted with himself and was already asking when we could go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Have Bene and Glass Onion in Ongar both closed, or am I imagining things?......

• Advertisement

DoozerT6 wrote: »

I heard Bene closed this week. Shame

I think the same person ran both places, so if one is gone, then the other probably is too. It is a shame. Wow, they really didn't last long!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

DoozerT6 wrote: »

I heard Bene closed this week. Shame
    I'm pleased to say I saw Bene open last night with a good few diners seated inside so rumours of it's demise are greatly exaggerated!! :)   I'm glad as I had yet to try it.  Glass Onion is definitely closed down.

Ah okay maybe they were closed last weekend then?

ongarboy wrote: »
    I'm pleased to say I saw Bene open last night with a good few diners seated inside so rumours of it's demise are greatly exaggerated!! :)   I'm glad as I had yet to try it.  Glass Onion is definitely closed down.

I really liked their stuff :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

LadyW wrote: »

This is to open tomorrow according to their Facebook page. Might give it a couple of weeks to settle in before I visit myself :)

Ah okay maybe they were closed last weekend then?

Hmm I'm not sure again now as I passed there a few nights ago and it was in darkness. Not very consistent, are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭17togo

ongarboy wrote:
    Hmm I'm not sure again now as I passed there a few nights ago and it was in darkness. Not very consistent, are they?

I pass there every day bringing and collecting the young fella from crèche and it hasn't been opened in a good while. The door is still boarded up from the break-in. It's safe to say they're no longer in business!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

miamee wrote: »
    This is to open tomorrow according to their Facebook page. Might give it a couple of weeks to settle in before I visit myself :)

Apparently open since weds. My dad down there today. Valid point.. .no parking round there. My mother doesn't drink so she parked at the church but had to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

amtc wrote: »
    Apparently open since weds. My dad down there today. Valid point.. .no parking round there. My mother doesn't drink so she parked at the church but had to pay.

Car park behind it? Pay parking but still. I've never had an issue getting on street parking around there either

• Advertisement

Krispy Kreme picks site for Irish debut

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/krispy-kreme-picks-site-for-irish-debut-36244145.html

Yum yum, opening in Blanchardstown SC!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Caranica wrote: »
    Car park behind it? Pay parking but still. I've never had an issue getting on street parking around there either

Yeah I know.but a lot of those spaces are reserved.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

amtc wrote: »

What's the craic with the open lot next to Ulster Bank? It seems to be open at times for a car park but I;m not sure if it belongs to a business/is open in the venings or what?
    Alternatively, parking on the main street is free if you can get it. They *are* a bit hampered with the parking situation alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Next in West End Retail Park is adding a gym in their unit. It sounds like it will have a different entrance.
    FW17A/0169
    Address:Next, Unit 11, West End RetailPark, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
    Description: Proposed use of the existing unused area of the mezzanine level (1,101 sq. m.) as a Gym (975 sq. m)and access/ circulation areas (126 sq.m). The proposals include internal reconfiguration of the existing stockroom and internal division of stair access cores and lift to allow independent use of the Gym unit. Provision of new access on rear elevation to provide disabled access to the gym.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/krispy-kreme-picks-site-for-irish-debut-36244145.html

Yum yum, opening in Blanchardstown SC!!

It's surprising that there aren't any already considering the proliferation of donut shops elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The planning application was submitted last week:
    FW17A/0177
    Address:Unt 457,Blanchardstown Town Centre, Coolmine, Dublin15
    Description: Change of use and subdivision of unit 457 (with a GFA of 941sq.m over basement and ground floor level) from public house use to 2no. cafe/restaurant units to be known as Unit 456 and 45, with a GFA of 184 sq.m and 752 sq.m (basement and ground floor level) respectively.Unit 457 (Krispy Kreme) will include a food production area for the proposed cafe/restaurant use, which will also provide for distribution of produce to other outlets, and a drive-through facility. The proposed development includes alterations to the elevations, alterations to the layout of the adjacent surface car parking area primarily associated with the drive-through facility, alterations to the existing service yard, signage for each unit, and associated ancillary works.

That is over beside McDonald's Drive Thru.

Change of use and subdivision of unit 457 (with a GFA of 941sq.m over basement and ground floor level) from public house use to 2no. cafe/restaurant
    Am I reading this correctly, it's the old Buddha bar/Banana Leaf unit on the end of that row? Would be great to see something going in there, it's been lying idle for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, it appears to be the old Buddha bar unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

daymobrew wrote: »
    Next in West End Retail Park is adding a gym in their unit. It sounds like it will have a different entrance.

Interesting!!
    Lots of competition for Ben Dunne gym with Ger Conroy Junction 6 and now this proposed gym.
    I see Ben Dunne will be closed for a week for refurbishment too.

Advertisement