Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That seems to be a page set up by people who have been refused entry to the pub so they can complain about it. This is their official Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/theblackwolfdublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Friends have been raving about it and they would be fussy. Hope to get there in the next week or two

Have heard reports of 18 and 19 year olds being there despite it supposedly being over 25s though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

My parents both hated it...but then again would not be target clientele

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I have been twice and liked it both times , they are turning away people in tracksuits and very young , so I guess that could be who was complaining .
    It is a big place and was pretty full for a Wednesday last time I was there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Zaph wrote: »
    That seems to be a page set up by people who have been refused entry to the pub so they can complain about it. This is their official Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/theblackwolfdublin/

Ah right, it was number #1 on google search when I was looking for it. Surprised they have disabled reviews. Might be a facebook thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭cython

RasTa wrote: »
    Ah right, it was number #1 on google search when I was looking for it. Surprised they have disabled reviews. Might be a facebook thing

There's every likelihood that the same people who went to the bother of setting up the fake page to rant were up to that point spamming their page with bad reviews as well, so they tried to take that option away from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭AlanG

Went to the Black wolf and thought it was good and will add a lot to the village.
    I have heard of them turning away well dressed and very decent 20 year old lads as well as refusing to serve food and drink to a couple because they had their 12 year old with them at 7:20 on a quiet weekday (the law is 9pm for kids and they had already served the couple one round before 7).
    Not sure if there is enough of a market around for them to have long term success with those policies in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

€40m plan to expand shopping centre in Dublin is approved

https://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/40m-plan-to-expand-shopping-centre-in-dublin-is-approved-36302173.html

Blanchardstown SC red mall extension gets planning permission! 18 new units and 1 large 40000 square foot anchor unit. I wonder who will occupy the anchor? Trying to think of what big name isn't represented here already, Sportsdirect maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

ongarboy wrote: »
    endent.ie/business/commercial-property/40m-plan-to-expand-shopping-centre-in-dublin-is-approved-36302173.html

BlTrying to think of what big name isn't represented here already, Sportsdirect maybe?

B&Q maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Sportsdirect is there, albeit within Heatons. Doesn't make sense B&Q going in with Woodies already there.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Doesn't make sense B&Q going in with Woodies already there.

competition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Well that, it's possible that as part of the lease Woodies have is that there'll be no competition, but I don't think B&Q would want to go there either. It's not the greatest of places to go to if you want to buy a car load of stuff, B&Qs are usually in standalone retail parks, probably due to cost and probably because they're more accessible for car parking close to the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It won't be a B&Q, they want huge standalone units where people don't have to go within a centre to get stuff.

Sports Direct is a possibility, hopefully a Tesco, though with the Dunnes I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

January wrote: »
    It won't be a B&Q, they want huge standalone units where people don't have to go within a centre to get stuff.

Sports Direct is a possibility, hopefully a Tesco, though with the Dunnes I doubt it.
    Tesco Roselawn is hugely popular and around 1km away, so would be unsure on Tesco. Saying that, the Roselawn Tesco seems too small for the volume of people that it attracts

padski08 wrote: »
    Tesco Roselawn is hugely popular and around 1km away, so would be unsure on Tesco. Saying that, the Roselawn Tesco seems too small for the volume of people that it attracts

Roselawn Tesco is crap compared to other Tescos such as Clarehall, Maynooth and even Finglas. Would love a decent Tesco clothing section. The kids clothes in particular are fab quality in Tesco.

January wrote: »
    Roselawn Tesco is crap

not nearly accurate enough. It is the worst. i have driven to maynooth just to avoid this hell hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,968 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Zero chance of a Tesco with Dunnes and M&S on site, though there has been a lot of talk that Tesco want a much improved presence in the area, agreed that Roselawn is dreadful.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tesco are building a new store in Liffey Valley, opposite B&Q. It's very early stages so not sure when they open to have it open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

MAybe Marks and Spencer’s are doing a big superstore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

They’ve only just announced that they’re closing a bunch of stores in the U.K. and adopting a digital-first approach but their unit in Blanch is tiny and cramped compared to Liffey Valley and Dundrum so they definitely could do with a bigger one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'd love a decent Tesco. It's ridiculous a place the size of CD15 has to make do with Roselawn.

I'd love an Iceland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Agree with all the comments on Tesco. It is sooooooooooooooooo bad.

New one in Liffey Valley looks like it will be colossal

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'd love a decent Tesco. It's ridiculous a place the size of CD15 has to make do with Roselawn.

I'd love an Iceland too.

Despite there being 2 Supervalus, 3 Lidls, an Aldi, 2 Dunnes, M&S, a Big Eurospar, an entire Shopping centre and a whole host of other convenience stores?

If there's one thing that Dublin 15 doesn't lack it's Supermarket options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Weepsie wrote: »
    Despite there being 2 Supervalus, 3 Lidls, an Aldi, 2 Dunnes, M&S, a Big Eurospar, an entire Shopping centre and a whole host of other convenience stores?

If there's one thing that Dublin 15 doesn't lack it's Supermarket options.

All great options but I like Tesco :)

Just do online. I do this from Tesco and never have an issue. You can get it from 1 euro now and Clearwater have bigger range than Roselawn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

amtc wrote: »
    Just do online. I do this from Tesco and never have an issue. You can get it from 1 euro now and Clearwater have bigger range than Roselawn

Half the fun of a tesco is the browsing in store!

neonsofa wrote: »
    Half the fun of a tesco is the browsing in store!

This. Besides I like trying on clothes before I buy

• Advertisement

Doesn't work as no clothes in ros elawn!

Advertisement