Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Iceland? I always wondered what type of person would shop there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

RasTa wrote: »
    Iceland? I always wondered what type of person would shop there

I do... they do great frozen pieces of fish, frozen chicken drumsticks, frozen veg etc that's great. It's not all processed crap believe it or not.

I wouldn't do a full weekly shop there but it's handy for filling the freezer with handy quick meals for when you've had a hectic day.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,648 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

January wrote: »
    I do... they do great frozen pieces of fish, frozen chicken drumsticks, frozen veg etc that's great. It's not all processed crap believe it or not.

I wouldn't do a full weekly shop there but it's handy for filling the freezer with handy quick meals for when you've had a hectic day.

I am surprised that Iceland haven't opened in the retail park beside Argos, Lidl, Dealz and Heatons. They would complement that offering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,531 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm disgustingly middle class and I occasionally go to Iceland to stock up on oven chips, frozen ready meal rice (to use with mains I've made myself and frozen) and some other random bits - soft drinks etc can be quite cheap there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

My aunt goes there a lot as they do Slimming World meals. She's lost 5 stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I like iceland. Not even gonna try justify it or dress it up,its a great shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭thomasj

Patww79 wrote:

What's wrong with the Tesco on the navan road ?

January wrote: »

L1011 wrote: »
    I'm disgustingly middle class and I occasionally go to Iceland to stock up on oven chips, frozen ready meal rice (to use with mains I've made myself and frozen) and some other random bits - soft drinks etc can be quite cheap there.
    neonsofa wrote: »
    I like iceland. Not even gonna try justify it or dress it up,its a great shop!

Oven chips and soft drinks? Water and potatoes will do. The only food that is ok to freeze is something you've cooked yourself from scratch.

I see Iceland as a shop for fat or lazy people. Where travellers would shop and such

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Oven chips and soft drinks? Water and potatoes will do. The only food that is ok to freeze is something you've cooked yourself from scratch.

I see Iceland as a shop for fat or lazy people. Where travellers would shop and such

You do realise that every other supermarket stocks frozen food too right?

eviltwin wrote: »
    You do realise that every other supermarket stocks frozen food too right?

Exactly. So why would I go to one that just does frozen. Just look at the locations for the ones in Dublin(Coolock, Cabra, Tallaght, Talbot street, Finglas, Ballyfermot)

It's a certain type of shopper

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Exactly. So why would I go to one that just does frozen. Just look at the locations for the ones in Dublin(Coolock, Cabra, Tallaght, Talbot street, Finglas, Ballyfermot)

It's a certain type of shopper

I go because they have a better range of vegetarian foods than other shops. I go because they sell diet coke at a better price than other supermarkets. And it's handy, there is one close to where I work. What does it matter to you where people choose to shop or whether they open up a Dublin 15 branch or not if you won't shop in it anyway :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

@Rasta - any more trolling and you will get a ban.

eviltwin wrote: »
    I go because they have a better range of vegetarian foods than other shops. I go because they sell diet coke at a better price than other supermarkets. And it's handy, there is one close to where I work. What does it matter to you where people choose to shop or whether they open up a Dublin 15 branch or not if you won't shop in it anyway :confused:

Ah yes, frozen veggie ready meals. Eat food properly and not diet coke and fake sausages.

I was simply wondering what type of people shop there and the responses have confirmed my thoughts.

Lazy animals.

RasTa banned for one week.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Just heard the pub is reopening in tyrrelstown before Christmas.

john why wrote: »
    Just heard the pub is reopening in tyrrelstown before Christmas.

Jesus that's a bit optimistic. It's in dire need of renovation and nobody has been in it in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pub in Corduff reopened recently - renamed to Leonards.

• Advertisement

Pub in Corduff reopened recently - renamed to Leonards.

Yeah, heard the was ructions there the first weekend it was opened back up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Not exactly a new business but Boojum are having a food truck - the Boojmobile - at the shopping centre "for the next while" according to their Facebook page here. I wonder if they are sussing it out for a more permanent location?

Saw it today going past just after coming from KFC. Would have loved this more, will be going in the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Where exactly in the Centre is it parked?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dinner for tonight sorted. Really looking forward to giving it a try.

Where exactly in the Centre is it parked?

Blue entrace, right beside the taxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

miamee wrote: »
    Not exactly a new business but Boojum are having a food truck - the Boojmobile - at the shopping centre "for the next while" according to their Facebook page here. I wonder if they are sussing it out for a more permanent location?
    They say that they are open at 12 but they weren't yesterday. In fact they weren't going to open until 1pm. Very annoying. I'd already been waiting around for 15 mins. I went home disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Tried it last night. Delish. I could definitely feel that it was getting cold while I was heading back to the car though so either eat it straight away (I think it’s too messy for that) or have the oven on to heat it up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Tried it last night. Delish. I could definitely feel that it was getting cold while I was heading back to the car though so either eat it straight away (I think it’s too messy for that) or have the oven on to heat it up.

Or bring your thermal lunch bag to pop it in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,531 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Boojum stall closed by the FSAI according to their closures list

Advertisement