Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Mechanical failure that caused their running water to shut down apparently.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I was wondering why it was closed the past two evenings when I passed by at about 8pm, thought maybe they'd closed early.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,766 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Mechanical failure that caused their running water to shut down apparently.

You would have hoped they'd have shut themselves rather than requiring an actual closure order in that case!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

L1011 wrote: »
    You would have hoped they'd have shut themselves rather than requiring an actual closure order in that case!

Completely agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

Anyone try the new restaurant over the Roselawn Inn. Only comments I've heard so far relate to the name which is a bit weird - VAGYA. Their website says they are reopening - anyone know where they were before? http://vagyarestaurant.com/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

AlanG wrote: »
    Anyone try the new restaurant over the Roselawn Inn. Only comments I've heard so far relate to the name which is a bit weird - VAGYA. Their website says they are reopening - anyone know where they were before? http://vagyarestaurant.com/

Oh I think that was in Glasnevin before, rings a bell. Near Botanic House there.

Yep - here it is on TripAdvisor, 4.5 stars out of 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone tried Vagya? Was going to give it a try on Wednesday. Was in Tesco last night and looks like they but a bit of work to the upstairs of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

Got a takeaway on New Years eve - food was ok and well priced. I won't be raving about it but I will definitely give it a try again. The restaurant was nice and it has plenty of selection on the menu. A definite addition to the area.
    One thing I didn't like is that I was put waiting for my take-away on the waiting seats for punters in the restaurant - if I am dining in somewhere I hate that. Perhaps they will change it as they have plenty of room to put people elsewhere or even put up a screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'd love a decent Tesco. It's ridiculous a place the size of CD15 has to make do with Roselawn.

I'd love an Iceland too.

You will have one soon. There are plans for one in mountview. In where the old pub was.

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    You will have one soon. There are plans for one in mountview. In where the old pub was.

Interesting! Which one, a Tesco or an Iceland?

• Advertisement

Iceland.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Iceland.

Really! So they bought solmans.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Anyone tried Vagya? Was going to give it a try on Wednesday. Was in Tesco last night and looks like they but a bit of work to the upstairs of it.

The old one in glasnevin was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Iceland.

This makes me very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭bkeane

glossy wrote:

Nope, it's where the old Mountview Inn used to be that they are going to build place for Iceland.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

bkeane wrote: »
    Nope, it's where the old Mountview Inn used to be that they are going to build place for Iceland.

Where was that pub? Presumably it closed down before I moved to the area because I can't say I remember it.

Zaph wrote: »
    Where was that pub? Presumably it closed down before I moved to the area because I can't say I remember it.

It was were the car park is now.

glossy wrote: »

No.

It was were the car park is now.

Exactly..it used.to be there alongside Chungs Chinese takeaway and whatever else is there, before they built Salmons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Oh this is good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

Looks like planning application was filed in December for this. Planning reference is FW17A/0233.
    No mention of the tenant for the retail unit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Mountview Shopping Centre not including Salmon's Public House went on the market back in November 2016.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/mountview-shopping-centre-with-seven-retail-units-goes-on-market-1.2857929

• Registered Users Posts: 68,766 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The old Mountview blew up and the current pub is a replacement building for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

L1011 wrote: »
    The old Mountview blew up and the current pub is a replacement building for it.

You learn something new every day...

It didn't quite blow up, a gas bottle blew and caused a bit of damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Mountview Shopping Centre not including Salmon's Public House went on the market back in November 2016.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/mountview-shopping-centre-with-seven-retail-units-goes-on-market-1.2857929

Good to hear this site is being developed. There is something really bleak and ugly about that set of shops in its current form.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ongarboy wrote: »
    Good to hear this site is being developed. There is something really bleak and ugly about that set of shops in its current form.

I'm not sure an Iceland is the answer though, there's something really bleak and ugly about them imo.

Zaph wrote: »
    I'm not sure an Iceland is the answer though, there's something really bleak and ugly about them imo.

It's a retail unit not an art project.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

In new built Iceland beside bargain town in some estate near summer hill spares

Much nicer than the usual ones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's a retail unit not an art project.

That's the problem isn't it, just throw it up and there we have yet another facsimile ugly local shopping complex without any thought towards the aesthetics and the people who have to look at is daily.

Advertisement