Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

ThisRegard wrote: »
    That's the problem isn't it, just throw it up and there we have yet another facsimile ugly local shopping complex without any thought towards the aesthetics and the people who have to look at is daily.

It will be lovely when it's finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

They're ALL lovely shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Job done then :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I was in the village last night and noticed a new coffee shop (at least new to me) between the Vincents charity shop and Industry Barbers there, it's called The Galway Roast. It wasn't open so no idea what it's like inside or anything.

http://www.thegalwayroast.com/

ETA: it's not actually opened yet, they seem to be looking for staff: https://www.facebook.com/galwayroastblanch/photos/a.539211699754676.1073741828.539203159755530/575506222791890/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

A drive thru Insomnia, no less! Fancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

ongarboy wrote: »

I avoid Insomnia coffee shops...i think is the only place that gives you only low fat milk off a machine and if you ask for normal milk they "shout" at you.
    Could be Insomnia machine and/or policy or just a bad day for the shop'staff !?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

rolion wrote: »
    I avoid Insomnia coffee shops...i think is the only place that gives you only low fat milk off a machine and if you ask for normal milk they "shout" at you.
    Could be Insomnia machine and/or policy or just a bad day for the shop'staff !?

In exactly which Insomnia, did this happen to you?
    Name and shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Blanch Centre has applied for planning permission to add up to 54 small kiosks throughout the centre. The documents list strict criteria that kiosk tenants would have to adhere to to be approved by centre management.

Planning application FW18A/0011
    The application relates to the Green, Central Blue, Red and Yellow Mall areas at Level 1 and Level 2 of the Blanchardstown Centre. The proposal relates to the identification of a Kiosk Zone (relating to a total floor area of c. 5,534 sq.m.) in the mall area of Level 1 and Level 2 of the Blanchardstown Centre, encompassing the Yellow, Green, Central, Red and Blue Malls.

The proposed kiosk zone could accommodate a maximum of 54 no. retail/commercial kiosk units of a range of sizes, with the maximum cumulative GFA of the kiosks not exceeding a total of 979 sq.m, and all associated signage, storage, service areas, kiosk seating, queuing, circulation areas and all site development works.

The potential maximum kiosk GFA of 979 sq.m represents a potential net increase of kiosk GFA of 516 sq.m, based on the total GFA of existing kiosks of c. 463 sq.m.

The development of individual kiosks within the Kiosk Zone will adhere to the design parameters set out in the Kiosk Design Guidelines which accompany this application.

The proposed use of individual kiosks to be for retail or commercial use in accordance with the definition of Class 1 (Shop) or Class 2 (Services) use, Part 4 of Schedule 2 of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001-2017, or for use primarily as a restaurant, café or food takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Potentially a bad idea - place can be rammed and having busy kiosks slotted into the middle won't help unless they're positioned well.

• Advertisement

I'm asuming they will be similar to the ones already in place in the Blue mall, Tom Stanleys, etc.? I wouldn;t think there is toom for that sort of the in the Green or Red Mall, maybe smaller ones.

On another note, I see planning permission for the Krispy Kreme drive through was granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

miamee wrote: »
    I'm asuming they will be similar to the ones already in place in the Blue mall, Tom Stanleys, etc.? I wouldn;t think there is toom for that sort of the in the Green or Red Mall, maybe smaller ones.
    Yes, it does look like they will be similar to those already in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

miamee wrote: »

On another note, I see planning permission for the Krispy Kreme drive through was granted.

Where is that going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

Where is that going to be?

The Buddha Bar site, I think?

Yes the old Buddha Bar building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

ADSIL plans to initially build a 223,000 sq ft data centre in Mulhuddart and has told Fingal County Council it might build seven more data centres on the 26-hectare IDA-owned site.
    Amazon currently employs 2,500 here and the company’s web services division already has a number of data centres in Dublin, but its Mulhuddart plan- dubbed ‘Project G’ – is its most ambitious to date in Ireland.

more H E R E ...

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Probably a bit early but anyone any idea whats happening with the old Shoe shop in Roselawn?? There's a fitout crowd doing some work in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

eire1 wrote: »
    Probably a bit early but anyone any idea whats happening with the old Shoe shop in Roselawn?? There's a fitout crowd doing some work in it.

There was a shoe shop in Rosawn???? 14 years in D15 and I never knew that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

It was there for years. My granny brought me there to get my first boots and before it closed i bought all my work shoes there ( trying to get a 3 1/2 is a nightmare). Their son is the judge on masterchef Australia and niece runs nail salon in supervalu

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

amtc wrote: »
    It was there for years. My granny brought me there to get my first boots and before it closed i bought all my work shoes there ( trying to get a 3 1/2 is a nightmare). Their son is the judge on masterchef Australia and niece runs nail salon in supervalu

Try looking for a 3! I go to Clodagh's in the village, didn't know there was a connection to the shoe shop I didn't know about ;)

More on topic, just spotted on social media that Lidl plan to start construction in April. I know it has its own thread but it will be interesting to see what other businesses go into the retail units

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Caranica wrote: »

It was there since the 1980's :P

oblivious wrote: »

It was there since the 1980's :P
    Earlier. My granny died in 1979 and she brought me there. Showing my age! Sorry for ot!

amtc wrote: »

Try looking for a 3! I go to Clodagh's in the village, didn't know there was a connection to the shoe shop I didn't know about ;)

More on topic, just spotted on social media that Lidl plan to start construction in April. I know it has its own thread but it will be interesting to see what other businesses go into the retail units

Just sent you pm. 4 pairs of size 3 designer shoes despatched to ncbi shop in Blanchardstown yesterday with matching handbags...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

eire1 wrote:

I asked one of the workers earlier as I was passing by the shop. He said a Health Food store is opening up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

I see The Galway Roast is open now. Has anyone tried it? Is the coffee any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

LadyW wrote: »
    I see The Galway Roast is open now. Has anyone tried it? Is the coffee any good?

Where are they situated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

glossy wrote: »
    Where are they situated?

Where the St. Vincent De Paul shop etc are in the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I haven’t been in, but I had a very quick look at the menu in the window yesterday. They seem to serve a decent selection of sandwiches and they do breakfast too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I haven’t been in, but I had a very quick look at the menu in the window yesterday. They seem to serve a decent selection of sandwiches and they do breakfast too.

What were prices like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

January wrote: »
    What were prices like?

No idea. I was already late for a lift so I really only glanced at it for a few seconds.

Advertisement