Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

January wrote: »
    What were prices like?

http://www.thegalwayroast.com

They're a small Irish chain. I was in the one in Castlebar recently for a breakfast and the prices were very reasonable. Similar to Kay's cafe I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

RTT wrote: »
    I asked one of the workers earlier as I was passing by the shop. He said a Health Food store is opening up there.

Ooh nice, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭AlanG

I asked one of the workers earlier as I was passing by the shop. He said a Health Food store is opening up there.

According to some of the other staff around the health food store is going to be run by the same people as sheridans pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

LadyW wrote: »
    I see The Galway Roast is open now. Has anyone tried it? Is the coffee any good?

Is there any free parking near by or is it still all pay parking?

I find this a really strange location to setup and a big shame if it is only pay parking, which is an immediate turn off considering free parking available nearly everywhere else available to eat/drink.

I never use any small cafe's / coffee shops in Blanchardstown village due to parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

AlanG wrote:
    According to some of the other staff around the health food store is going to be run by the same people as sheridans pharmacy.

Yeah I heard that too. I found a great little Health Food shop up the lane opposite Ryan's garage in Blanchardstown village. Competition is heating up!

• Advertisement

I find this a really strange location to setup and a big shame if it is only pay parking, which is an immediate turn off considering free parking available nearly everywhere else available to eat/drink.

I never use any small cafe's / coffee shops in Blanchardstown village due to parking.

In fairness, no small on street business in Dublin apart from maybe a supermarket is going to have dedicated free parking. I imagine it will be targeting the sufficient numbers of residents within walking distance, workers and people doing other business and errands in the village anyway(of which there are many) for its custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Yeah I heard that too. I found a great little Health Food shop up the lane opposite Ryan's garage in Blanchardstown village. Competition is heating up!

I saw a sign for there but haven't had a chance to pop in yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The Bell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I'm in the village a couple of times a week. I never have any trouble parking somewhere free. I rarely get to park outside where I'm going but I'm never more than a 2-3 minute walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Anyone have any idea if Ravellos is still open? They’re gone from Just Eat, showing as currently closed on Marvin and they didn’t answer the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

LadyW wrote: »
    I see The Galway Roast is open now. Has anyone tried it? Is the coffee any good?

Went into it for the first time today, good coffee and they've done a nice job with decor etc. They have a proper food menu for breakfast and lunch so it's a good addition, has a little area for the kids. It was ticking over at 10am so hopefully they'll make a go of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fatnacho

Anyone have any idea if Ravellos is still open? They’re gone from Just Eat, showing as currently closed on Marvin and they didn’t answer the phone.

Ravello’s has been closed the last few days. Rumours that a new pizza restaurant is going in instead. Anybody hear anything more?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Went into it for the first time today, good coffee and they've done a nice job with decor etc. They have a proper food menu for breakfast and lunch so it's a good addition, has a little area for the kids. It was ticking over at 10am so hopefully they'll make a go of it.

Tried it today. Very nice coffee, staff are friendly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭dodzy

Fatnacho wrote: »
    Ravello’s has been closed the last few days. Rumours that a new pizza restaurant is going in instead. Anybody hear anything more?

I heard that Romayos (chipper next door) took it. That was over a beer in the local a few meters away so taken with a pinch of salt.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gio2

Anyone know if Paparazzi in Ongar is still open.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

amtc wrote: »
    It was there for years. My granny brought me there to get my first boots and before it closed i bought all my work shoes there ( trying to get a 3 1/2 is a nightmare). Their son is the judge on masterchef Australia and niece runs nail salon in supervalu

Tony Fassinidge was the name of the shoe shop. My mum used to get shoes for my sister and myself when we were kids in there. It opened when the Roselawn centre opened back in 1975.

Gio2 wrote: »
    They are still open.

Already announced but further details on new Krispy Kreme "factory" store and drive-thru opening in Blanch SC in the old Buddha Bar/Banana Tree unit near the drive thru McDonalds.  Opening in the autumn.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/agribusiness-and-food/krispy-kreme-confirms-first-irish-store-to-open-1.3426750

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Not sure this is exactly the right thread, but not really sure where it fits

https://fora.ie/blanchardstown-centre-kiosk-dunnes-3943243-Apr2018/

Dunnes are objecting to the number of kiosks the Shopping centre planned to add.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tbh I think they're right. I was up in the centre a few days before Easter. With the schools being off the place was absolutely mobbed, and even walking from A to B, particularly on the lower level, was an ordeal. Add 50+ kiosks into the mix and you'll never be able to move in the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Zaph wrote: »
    Tbh I think they're right. I was up in the centre a few days before Easter. With the schools being off the place was absolutely mobbed, and even walking from A to B, particularly on the lower level, was an ordeal. Add 50+ kiosks into the mix and you'll never be able to move in the place.

I have to agree, absolutely mental trying to stuff even 30 odd of them into this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Gio2 wrote: »

Open under new management. A friend was in there over the weekend and said the grub was lovely

January wrote: »
    Zaph wrote: »

I have to agree, absolutely mental trying to stuff even 30 odd of them into this space.

I also agree. Cluttering up the central malls with kiosks would only cheapen the place. Even Stephens Green is planning to get rid of their central area kiosks for that very reason as it's dated and unattractive. It's usually low end, tat sellers that occupy kiosks (phone accessories, cheap jewellery, scarves, knick knacks, custom logo t-shirts or calendars etc) does Blanchardstown SC really want to go down that route?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Open under new management. A friend was in there over the weekend and said the grub was lovely

It was closed down recently by the FSAI.

https://lovin.ie/news/food-closures-march-ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭dodzy

ongarboy wrote: »
    I also agree. Cluttering up the central malls with kiosks would only cheapen the place. Even Stephens Green is planning to get rid of their central area kiosks for that very reason as it's dated and unattractive. It's usually low end, tat sellers that occupy kiosks (phone accessories, cheap jewellery, scarves, knick knacks, custom logo t-shirts or calendars etc) does Blanchardstown SC really want to go down that route?
    Whatever about the quality (or lack of) that we are likely to see in these kiosks, the centre simply does not have the space. There is just not enough room in the main walkways. The only area that can accommodate them has them already (upstairs from information desk to penneys exit)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

ongarboy wrote: »

Hadn't heard about Stephen's Green, I think they work well there, they're shop units rather than kiosks. Are they definitely going?

Agree that more kiosks in the Blanch Centre is a terrible idea, it's far too cluttered as it is. Had a look at the planning there and they're really shoving them in to every available space. I think they reduced the number down Dunnes end to keep Dunnes happy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I see work has started on the Krispy Kreme project. They'll be at it a while, looks like it's about to be turned into a building site, they've fenced it off taking up part of the car park. I suppose there is lots to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Taking up all of the path around it too. Bricks on pallets so I'm assuming a big makeover on the outside too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Is there a basement in there already? Because I thought part of the plan was for a basement, may need works.

Advertisement