Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

The toilets and staff areas were in the basement in The Budda Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Esquires Coffee opening in Blanchardstown next month according to their website. Doesn't give location so not sure if it's the SC or village.

Also Ireland's first drive thru Insomnia and a Chopped outlet join Maxol at their Ballycoolin Service Station

https://bizplus.ie/maxol-opens-insomnia-drive-through/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

ongarboy wrote: »
    Esquires Coffee opening in Blanchardstown next month according to their website. Doesn't give location so not sure if it's the SC or village.

Also Ireland's first drive thru Insomnia and a Chopped outlet join Maxol at their Ballycoolin Service Station

https://bizplus.ie/maxol-opens-insomnia-drive-through/

The Chopped has been there since it opened as was Insomnia, just the drive-through has been added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Looking forward to Krispy Kremes arrival.
    Though I always thought the Budda Bar would make a great site for a Cheesecake Factory

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Patww79 wrote: »

Sorry, was there a few months ago and the chopped was there so assumed it had always been there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It seems to me that the Dublin 15 area and Blanchardstown have grown so much in the past 15 years that the centre can barely cope with the expanded population. It needs expanding/extending but I dont know how that'll be done.

All the surrounding car parks should now be muiltstorey. As it is, it's a waste of good land and potential space for the centre to expand.

The kiosks are a bad idea. The centre is rammed with people and kiosks will only make it worse. This looks like a cheap tactic for the owners to increase rental revenue with the minimum capital outlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

JupiterKid wrote: »
    It seems to me that the Dublin 15 area and Blanchardstown have grown so much in the past 15 years that the centre can barely cope with the expanded population. It needs expanding/extending but I dont know how that'll be done.

All the surrounding car parks should now be muiltstorey. As it is, it's a waste of good land and potential space for the centre to expand.

The kiosks are a bad idea. The centre is rammed with people and kiosks will only make it worse. This looks like a cheap tactic for the owners to increase rental revenue with the minimum capital outlay.

Another shopping centre needs to be built........

Newbridge silverware relocating to Red Mall and as earlier advised, afkoining unit Ann Summers is closing down. I wonder is that part of a tactic by the crntr to market a new enlarged unit?

On a side note, I was in Blanch after 8pm for the first time ever on a Monday night last and apart from cinema and restaurants, only Dunnes and Penney's were open ....and Ann Summers! I wonder why it was the only small high Street chain open. Is it that some of its clientele only feel comfortable shopping there when it's more discreet? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

Newbridge silverware relocating to Red Mall and as earlier advised, afkoining unit Ann Summers is closing down. I wonder is that part of a tactic by the crntr to market a new enlarged unit?

On a side note, I was in Blanch after 8pm for the first time ever on a Monday night last and apart from cinema and restaurants, only Dunnes and Penney's were open ....and Ann Summers! I wonder why it was the only small high Street chain open. Is it that some of its clientele only feel comfortable shopping there when it's more discreet? :-)

Ann Summers is closing already? is that there even a year? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

ClubDead wrote: »
    Ann Summers is closing already? is that there even a year? :eek:
    From my records it opened in June 2017.
    http://www.blanchcentrehistory.com/2017/06/ann-summers/

daymobrew wrote: »
    From my records it opened in June 2017.
    http://www.blanchcentrehistory.com/2017/06/ann-summers/

wow :eek: it did seem like a odd choice for such a public area. I'm no prude but it didn't seem like the most appropriate place for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

ClubDead wrote: »
    wow :eek: it did seem like a odd choice for such a public area. I'm no prude but it didn't seem like the most appropriate place for it.

Why? Should it have been down a dark alley somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There was one there in the past also, closed due to public protest. The country has matured enough to have them on main streets and main shopping centres

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Why? Should it have been down a dark alley somewhere?

yup! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I never even noticed it was there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Disappointed to hear this tbh.I often went in here to buy a few things and had great Craic with the staff.They were always well up for a laugh.

The old Xtravision unit between the new Krispy Kreme development and the McDonalds drive-thru is to be subdivided into two new cafes and restaurants according to a planning application with Fingal County Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The old Xtravision unit between the new Krispy Kreme development and the McDonalds drive-thru is to be subdivided into two new cafes and restaurants according to a planning application with Fingal County Council.

Not that big of a unit - will do well to fit those in.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 username copied

I have heard one of the new units will be selling sushi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

I have heard one of the new units will be selling sushi.

Can't wait if so!

The mind still boggles that with the burrito craze in Ireland, not one is open in D15 yet we can support 497 Chinese takeaways in our post code!  Surely Boojum or Saburrito or one of the chains could see how lucrative it would be to locate one in Blanch.  One of these Xtravision units would be perfect as burrito bars are generally not that big as a lot of their trade is takeaway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I think the Boojum truck did well when it was positioned outside the blue entrance of the shopping centre for a few days earlier this year so maybe they will be back. I'm also at a loss to understand the huge burrito craze though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

I love Mexican food, so be glad of more or any of it being sold in the centre

Only problem herself wont eat it, so back to why isn't there a food court

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

jeffk wrote: »
    I love Mexican food, so be glad of more or any of it being sold in the centre

Only problem herself wont eat it, so back to why isn't there a food court

I wish more shopping centres would embrace the food court idea, would be so much better if people could choose what they wanted and then just sit together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Patww79 wrote: »

I believe that they rain out of water,

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

oblivious wrote: »
    I believe that they rain out of water,

Yet had to be given a closure order rather than just closing themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭AlanG

L1011 wrote: »
    Yet had to be given a closure order rather than just closing themselves

Yea, They were closed by the FSAI because they kept serving food even when they didn't have appropriate facilities to clean. Pretty shoddy standards - closure orders are not made lightly.
    It has put me off going to their shops in town as management have that attitude to food safety regulations.

Advertisement