Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

http://www.blanchardstowncentre.ie/carraig-d

Carraig Donn opening in the SC

Blanchardstown centre has been cleared for a renovation to 'bring it in line' with rivals - Fora (via TheJournal.ie) - https://fora.ie/blanchardstown-shopping-centre-fountain-4169824-Aug2018/

Not quite new businesses but an article on plans for upgrade of Blanch SC. Farewell water fountain and travelators!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I was just coming in to post that! Looks like the plan is to replace the water fountain with a children's play area and to replace travelators with escalators, adding a new lift in that area as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There are some minor layout annoyances, but the large open internal structure means the entire centre hasn't aged even vaguely as badly as any of the early mid 90s centres. Not sure this is an improvement really.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I hate those cheapy concession stands taking up room in the Malls. When Liffey Valley is busy they can be very obstructive, I don't see them enhancing Blanch at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I hate those cheapy concession stands taking up room in the Malls. When Liffey Valley is busy they can be very obstructive, I don't see them enhancing Blanch at all.

Unless you're a shareholder!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

There's signage up for a new cafe beside Krispy Kreme, looks like they'll be open pretty soon too.

I've visited the newly-renovated drive-thru McDonalds beside that unit a couple of times, and I have to say the new procedure of ordering at the touchscreens seems MUCH slower than ordering at the counter. Previously you ordered, paid and left with your tray of food in moments. Every time since the renovations, I was left watching the screen and waiting for almost 10 minutes for my order to come out. I felt like I was at Argos!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Is Paparazzi Restaurant in Ongar still trading? Tried to ring there (01-7614756) and no answer...got some auto text from them suggesting I use the app on www.paparazzi.ie but the website isn't working. Was going to pick up a groupon voucher but maybe not https://www.groupon.ie/deals/paparazzi-restaurant?deal_option=309a9663-c83e-4d51-b8d2-49b178c1f0c4

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    There's signage up for a new cafe beside Krispy Kreme, looks like they'll be open pretty soon too.

I've visited the newly-renovated drive-thru McDonalds beside that unit a couple of times, and I have to say the new procedure of ordering at the touchscreens seems MUCH slower than ordering at the counter. Previously you ordered, paid and left with your tray of food in moments. Every time since the renovations, I was left watching the screen and waiting for almost 10 minutes for my order to come out. I felt like I was at Argos!

Apparently in those new renovated McD's the food (well the burgers/wraps anyway) are cooked fresh rather than being made in advance hence the wait time now.

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Apparently in those new renovated McD's the food (well the burgers/wraps anyway) are cooked fresh rather than being made in advance hence the wait time now.

Even though it's a relatively short time, it's annoying to have to now wait when previously the whole transaction would take place in maybe 1, 1.5 minutes. Plus the last time I was in, they still got my order wrong :D:D

First world problems, eh?

• Advertisement

I believe that it is Esquires Coffee that's opening in that unit.
    I hear you about the touch menus for McDs.  I've tried to order a couple of times in different McDs that way and it failed to allow me to complete the orders each time so I've had to use the old school way and order from the staff at the counter. 
    Just on the other post for  Paparazzi in Ongar, they updated new pics to their FB page yesterday so presumably still open. They aren't open on Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

I really like the new McDs, much brighter and more modern than the old one. I always get the food dropped down to the table in the new system, doesn't feel as long as standing to collect

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Anyone know when Esquires is opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

LadyW wrote: »
    Anyone know when Esquires is opening?

Is it not open? Was supposed to open on Thursday according to the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 markoleary

Musashi opening in the centre soon, check their homepage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

markoleary wrote: »

This is brilliant news, Blanch is sorely lacking a sushi place and Musashi in town is great.

Rituals cosmetics taking over Monsoon unit in Blanch centre

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

ongarboy wrote: »
    Rituals cosmetics taking over Monsoon unit in Blanch centre
    What unit is that? Any idea when Monsoon closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Monsoon in the centre is closed with donkeys years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

Krispy Kreme open in Blanch today.
    Absolute mayhem in the centre upper level as they are doing a free donut giveaway.
    Maybe 200-300 people in the q for the donuts...

• Advertisement

Managed to pick myself up a box ..Queue moved a long quickly 😋😋😋

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I was half thinking of going there today too. Not for a lifetimes supply of donuts would I want to have been there for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Is it the actual Krispy Kreme shop open beside McDonalds, or are they just doing something in the center?

Nolimits wrote: »
    Is it the actual Krispy Kreme shop open beside McDonalds, or are they just doing something in the center?
    They were just handing out freebies in the centre...it doesn't open until the 26th September.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

markoleary wrote: »
    This is brilliant news, Blanch is sorely lacking a sushi place and Musashi in town is great.

There's a sign up for this outside the complex where Krispy Kreme, McDonald's Drive thru are - I reckon it's going in to the old Xtra Vision unit.

Going in to the old French Connection unit - it was Vila more recently I think.

miamee wrote: »

Going in to the old French Connection unit - it was Vila more recently I think.

Let's hope it has more success than its short lived predecessors! I like the fact something other than a clothes shop is going on there. I've gotten a few gifts for mother, housewarmings, pictures for my own place in Carraig Donn. They do nice things.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭M.Cribben

miamee wrote: »
    There's a sign up for this outside the complex where Krispy Kreme, McDonald's Drive thru are - I reckon it's going in to the old Xtra Vision unit.

Surprised if they got planning for that unit. The chinese restaurant upstairs won't be happy.

There are no signs on the unit itself so I could be wrong but unless Ming Court are moving out, I don't know where else it'll go there.

• Advertisement

Anybody go to Krispy Kreme today?

Advertisement