Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Anybody go to Krispy Kreme today?

Half the city. Traffic still in bits from it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Anybody go to Krispy Kreme today?

I'll wait for crowds to die down but I read here that someone queued from 4am this morning for it...WHY????

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/food-drink-news/krispy-kreme-blanchardstown-dublin-ireland-15201515.amp

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

L1011 wrote: »
    Half the city. Traffic still in bits from it now!

Never seen anything like it - was like Christmas at 7pm... still horrendous at 9pm! My planned donut after shopping was dashed...

Madness they had the car park cordoned off for the drive thru!

Heard a mention of a Dominos Pizza into Xtravision?

Does anyone know what time the non-drive thru part of Krispy Kreme is open until btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Does anyone know what time the non-drive thru part of Krispy Kreme is open until btw?

Till 11pm, Drive through only after that, and you must be in a car!!! (They wouldn't serve me coffee and donuts at 12am tonight as I wasn't in a car!) The drive thru car park was still insane at 12 midnight... the cars were Q'ing from the outside main road!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Till 11pm, Drive through only after that, and you must be in a car!!! (They wouldn't serve me coffee and donuts at 12am tonight as I wasn't in a car!) The drive thru car park was still insane at 12 midnight... the cars were Q'ing from the outside main road!

Walked in yesterday at 9am, nice lady handed me a tasty doughnut. Then I left the queue for coffee was fairly long and I needed to get to work. The doughnut was bleedin delish

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Queue was mental yesterday around 4.30pm didn't even try going near it (was going to work anyway)!. Will wait until next week and pop down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Queue was mental yesterday around 4.30pm didn't even try going near it (was going to work anyway)!. Will wait until next week and pop down

Next year maybe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

There was no queue out the door as I passed by at 8am on the bus this morning :D I'd say it'll be nuts at the weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

markoleary wrote: »
    Musashi opening in the centre soon, check their homepage
    If it is to be in the old XtraVision unit, then the planning application from July (permission granted 22 August) might be connected.

It's splitting it into two units, each to be a restaurant/cafe.
    The proposed development consists of the change of use and subdivision of Unit 452 (with a GFA of 344 sq.m (ground floor level only)) from retail use to 2 no. café / restaurant units to be known as Unit 452 and 452A, each with a GFA of 169 sq.m. The proposed development includes associated alterations to the elevations, the provision of an outdoor seating area in place of 5 no. car parking spaces, 6 no. new cycle parking spaces, signage zones for each unit, and associated ancillary works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Doughnuts were delish and in fairness they managed the queues and traffic in the car park quite well. Though it did once again highlight that the Blanch center needs some sort of multi billion euro tunnel investment to manage traffic in and out of the place. Preferably before Christmas.

I also passed the new coffee shop opened just beside Kreme. To be honest I think whoever put that in needs their head examined, and the people in center management who let it knowing there was a drive thru crack factory opening next door that also happens to sell coffee are just looking for a short term gain. Can't really see them doing spectacularly well in a part of the center that's well away from anything that isn't already a drive thru. Unless the bookies are into millionaire cappuccinos (whatever they are, advertised on the signage)

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Unless the bookies are into millionaire cappuccinos (whatever they are, advertised on the signage)

Free coffee in Paddy Power so won't get any custom from their customers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Surprise surprise, people queue up for another large multinational offering diabetes. Hope this shuts down asap

RasTa wrote: »
    Surprise surprise, people queue up for another large multinational offering diabetes. Hope this shuts down asap

Fairly certain that's not the topic of conversation but good input... there's the door. :confused:

Fairly certain that's not the topic of conversation but good input... there's the door. :confused:

Yup, no obesity problems in Ireland. Anyone who highlights it should be shown the door.

I'd get more excited about a local bakery opening then this starbucks or whatever new chain will be stuck up in the center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'd get more excited about a local bakery opening.

No sugar used by Irish bakeries of course.

No sugar used by Irish bakeries of course.

Ah yeah be grand, they can compete with krispy kreme. in fact we should just put all local Irish business out of Dublin and turn to chains for the future of the Ireland. More kremes needed less Mannings or Thunders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Ah yeah be grand, they can compete with krispy kreme. in fact we should just put all local Irish business out of Dublin and turn to chains for the future of the Ireland. More kremes needed less Mannings or Thunders.

The Irish food and beverage industry has, to my knowledge, never been as well developed as it is today; for domestic or export consumption. Particularly around value added goods, where we used to just export the raw materials. I also remember reading an article some time ago about artisan local coffee chains versus starbucks, with one local owner remarking that they serve two completely different customers and don't feel they're in competition at all.

And no matter the source of the headquarters company, it's good to see the solid jobs in a new, modern facility where once there was a furniture shop with a handful of staff that went out of business.

(And incidentally, Mannings is overrun in the blanch center. Where's their ambition to open a 24-7 drive thru bakery? Not sure anyone would stop them.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I thought your issue was obesity and diabetes?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭M.Cribben

I'd get more excited about a local bakery opening then this starbucks or whatever new chain will be stuck up in the center.

Why? They are providing local employment, paying taxes to the State, and are supplying a product people seem to enjoy.

• Advertisement

Yup, no obesity problems in Ireland. Anyone who highlights it should be shown the door.

Local bakeries are never as convenient. Multinationals in proper locations all the way.

I thought your issue was obesity and diabetes?

So long as your obesity and diabetes was got from local companies it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Do you just come on here to slag off food outlets? I seem to remember a similar rant about Iceland.

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

This is brilliant news, Blanch is sorely lacking a sushi place and Musashi in town is great.

There's a sushi place in Ongar called Taro. They have a fairly big sushi menu and do a lovely bento box :)

www.tarosushibar.ie

Taro is lovely.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Traffic was mental in the centre and on the approaches from both Blanchardstown Road and Snugborough Road at around 8.15 this evening. It's a Thursday in September, not December, so I can only surmise that Krispy Kreme is the cause. People need to get a grip - much and all as I love doughnuts, they're still only doughnuts at the end of the day. I dread to think what Christmas is going to be like. They really need to come up with a plan to extend the road network around the centre because what's currently there is no longer fit for purpose.

13 Thunders and 3 Mannings compared to 1 newly opened Krispy Kreme.... Logical argument.

Large shopping centres and shopping districts attract large brands... Plenty of local bakeries, cafes, etc... Dublin 8 is currently overrun with independent cafes but no one is waffling on about it on Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Zaph wrote: »
    Traffic was mental in the centre and on the approaches from both Blanchardstown Road and Snugborough Road at around 8.15 this evening. It's a Thursday in September, not December, so I can only surmise that Krispy Kreme is the cause. People need to get a grip - much and all as I love doughnuts, they're still only doughnuts at the end of the day. I dread to think what Christmas is going to be like. They really need to come up with a plan to extend the road network around the centre because what's currently there is no longer fit for purpose.

I don't think there's any way to make it workable.
    It's simply a case of too many cars. Improving the road network locally will do little. It's a matter of getting more people on public transport, more people on bikes and more people in each car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The traffic will die down within a few weeks, donuts are a fad also and it'll basically just be a drive through coffee shop in people's eyes in a few years.

That they push a fairly simple donut as their flagship product shows they are aware of the insanely fancy stuff being short term really

Advertisement