Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Went once. It was empty. Nothing wrong per se with the food, coffee, service etc, but there was just something lacking about it that wouldn't entice you back for repeat visits.

A change of use from office to hot food takeaway has been submitted to Fingal Co Co for the building that housed O'Connell's Auctioneers in Ongar (next door to Cu Chulainn's pub).

Planning Ref FW18A/0177

Considering we have 452 Chinese takeaways within 1 square mile of Ongar :-) , please let it be something different! Maybe a traditional style chipper would work better there being more centrally located next to the pub rather than the previous failed location hidden away at the back of the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

AlanG wrote: »
    Staff in the Galway Roast this morning were saying it is closing today, will reopen soon under a new name and owners apparently.

Saw this coming about a month ago. Good menu but the food was quite sub standard.
    All items of their full Irish were all cooked in the same mini oven that subway toast their rolls in.
    Eggs always hard, bacon and sausages bone dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭jlang

Regarding the new Blue Mall food outlets, the planning doc says that the rearrangement will reduce the car park by 53 spaces. They are also not providing the 102 extra that was calculated as appropriate for the amount of restaurant floor area being added and then they presents the effective cut of 155 spaces as a positive aspect of the development.

Do food outlets tend to cause their patrons to make more or less use of car park space when compared with actually shopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

jlang wrote: »
    Do food outlets tend to cause their patrons to make more or less use of car park space when compared with actually shopping?
    Maybe less as people may travel as a group to eat out. Shopping can be a solo experience.

You could email them to see if they'll answer you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭rameire

jlang wrote: »
    Regarding the new Blue Mall food outlets, the planning doc says that the rearrangement will reduce the car park by 53 spaces. They are also not providing the 102 extra that was calculated as appropriate for the amount of restaurant floor area being added and then they presents the effective cut of 155 spaces as a positive aspect of the development.

They are also just relocating the electric charging points to the rear of the car park, they aren't even adding additional charging points.

Estimated completed construction time of the Blue Mall is 18 months.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Shopping in the centre has become a jungle race.
    9am and some car parks are full but shops empty.
    Driving and fighting for parking spots as close as possible to the shops doors.
    Thanks to the traffic wardens,otherwise the place will have murders and crashes every day.
    It become a victim of its own success /development / growth.

In the amount of time taken to get some item from there,i could have done my shopping list from Aldi,Dunnes,Lidl and local shopper in the same frame but better quality of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

rolion wrote: »
    Shopping in the centre has become a jungle race.
    9am and some car parks are full but shops empty.
    Driving and fighting for parking spots as close as possible to the shops doors.
    Thanks to the traffic wardens,otherwise the place will have murders and crashes every day.
    It become a victim of its own success /development / growth.

In the amount of time taken to get some item from there,i could have done my shopping list from Aldi,Dunnes,Lidl and local shopper in the same frame but better quality of life.

Lads on minimum wage with no traffic management knowledge sent out to freeze and stop war over traffic and end up making it worse

Said it all along, traffic light system all around the centre, controlled by a or many people with the proper training(even if only from say November to after January sales)

Then you can look at whats coming and going and open the lights to let the traffic flow all the way out/in

The mess of leaving Woodies etc car-park sums up the mess they made of traffic management

Telling people to go left, up bus lane, then into a tight roundabout which sometimes has buses and then break the rules of the road to attempt to go around or exit off roundabout

The bus only lane at the hotel should be suspended if need be and during the Christmas period to take the pressure off that roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

jeffk wrote: »
    The bus only lane at the hotel should be suspended if need be and during the Christmas period to take the pressure off that roundabout was a pointless exercise dreamed up by some braindead numpty, which does nothing to alleviate traffic congestion around the centre.

FYP

That lane should be open to all traffic all the time. It is only going to get people away from the centre quicker.

On top of that, a new exit only from the Woodies carpark should be made out at the back of the old 53 Degrees North shop, where the pedestrian lights are and the delivery entrance is.

2 simple solutions to empty the traffic from the centre much quicker thus making the place much more enjoyable for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

Drove to the centre 3pm on Saturday and it was fine, no queues to get into the centre and got a spot straight away. Inside was busy but not Christmas mad, maybe it was the weather or maybe it’s online shopping?

Seve OB wrote: »
    FYP

That lane should be open to all traffic all the time. It is only going to get people away from the centre quicker.

On top of that, a new exit only from the Woodies carpark should be made out at the back of the old 53 Degrees North shop, where the pedestrian lights are and the delivery entrance is.

2 simple solutions to empty the traffic from the centre much quicker thus making the place much more enjoyable for everyone.

I like the sound of them ideas and I know they wont get rid of the lane all the time, so if they had some sense and suspended it and might lead to a permanent thing

That exit is a joke, left only so you can go towards centre and more traffic to go around a roundabout a pass where you came out from

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

How about a separate staff car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

The bus only lane at the hotel should be suspended if need be and during the Christmas period to take the pressure off that roundabout
    As a car user, I obviously would benefit if this were implemented but surely that would have a detrimental effect on the bus service. Aren't we trying to encourage people to use public transport?

I drove all the way down the Snugborough Road to the Blanch Centre at 11am on Saturday morning without stopping. Were people avoiding travelling during the storm? On Sunday, I drove down the Blanchardstown Road South around 2pm and the traffic was pretty bad, but luckily all the lemmings stayed out of the bus lane so there was no traffic for me in the bus lane. Sundays are the best day to get to the centre :D

fletch wrote: »
    As a car user, I obviously would benefit if this were implemented but surely that would have a detrimental effect on the bus service. Aren't we trying to encourage people to use public transport?

I drove all the way down the Snugborough Road to the Blanch Centre at 11am on Saturday morning without stopping. Were people avoiding travelling during the storm? On Sunday, I drove down the Blanchardstown Road South around 2pm and the traffic was pretty bad, but luckily all the lemmings stayed out of the bus lane so there was no traffic for me in the bus lane. Sundays are the best day to get to the centre :D

Had this before, be great if a reliable bus covering the major parts of the area excised, outside of that you cant walk unless you can guarantee what you will get is ok to carry home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭AlanG

radharc wrote: »
    Drove to the centre 3pm on Saturday and it was fine, no queues to get into the centre and got a spot straight away. Inside was busy but not Christmas mad, maybe it was the weather or maybe it’s online shopping?

I cycled up about 2:30 on Sunday as I expected the traffic to be crazy and it was really quiet. No queue of cars to get in via the entrance at the great wood. Very surprising for the time of year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

AlanG wrote: »
    Staff in the Galway Roast this morning were saying it is closing today, will reopen soon under a new name and owners apparently.

I passed by this last week and there was a hand written note on the door saying that they were closed for renovations? Maybe renovating before new owners re-open it, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

miamee wrote: »
    I passed by this last week and there was a hand written note on the door saying that they were closed for renovations? Maybe renovating before new owners re-open it, I suppose.

Passed it Saturday - reopened under the name The Dublin Roast. Didn't go inside now but looked the same from the outside.

I see Butlers Chocolate Cafe has opened a second kiosk style outlet on the upper level of the Blanch SC in the central mall near H&M. Looks well and gives a bit of colour to that section of the mall.

Is this the start of all those kiosks they wanted to install in the Centre? A few would certainly look well but surely not the dozens that were proposed if I recall?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

ongarboy wrote: »
    I see Butlers Chocolate Cafe has opened a second kiosk style outlet on the upper level of the Blanch SC in the central mall near H&M. Looks well and gives a bit of colour to that section of the mall.

Is this the start of all those kiosks they wanted to install in the Centre? A few would certainly look well but surely not the dozens that were proposed if I recall?

There's a few of them already dotted around the place. The Nespresso one beside the perfume shop and the fit flop one down beside the fountain also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The Butler's one is a more permanent one, proper café kiosk and seems to be doing good business.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

Lads on minimum wage with no traffic management knowledge sent out to freeze and stop war over traffic and end up making it worse

Said it all along, traffic light system all around the centre, controlled by a or many people with the proper training(even if only from say November to after January sales)

Then you can look at whats coming and going and open the lights to let the traffic flow all the way out/in

One way system needed.....just imagine the centre as one massive roundabout. Left-in, Left-Out. (or right in/out for central car parks) Would dramatically improve the traffic flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

One way system needed.....just imagine the centre as one massive roundabout. Left-in, Left-Out. (or right in/out for central car parks) Would dramatically improve the traffic flow.

The Irish are incapable of following one way systems. Sure look at Ikea, Tiger and that shop where harry corry use to be located.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Has anybody been to the new pita place (same block as Krispy Kreme) in the Blanch centre? What's it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Has anybody been to the new pita place (same block as Krispy Kreme) in the Blanch centre? What's it like?
    yeh I tried it. Would recommend. €8.80 for a pita and a drink. You can get a salad instead so kinda like Chopped. I would return. They do some healthish cakes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Just seen inspiring ideas is closing down .
    Moving to D12 .

glossy wrote: »
    Just seen inspiring ideas is closing down .
    Moving to D12 .

That be a loss for people who can't order online, which would be most of their customer base

Good riddance to the couple that own it, not one bit pleasant and out to screw every last cent from customers.

Many a time seen him stocking up on the cheap own brand Dunne's stuff for the cafe

Hmm...according to Fingal Co Co planning ref,FW19A/0011, Mr. Price will be moving into the old 53 Degrees North unit (Unit 428) of Blanchardstown Retail Park (to the left of Lifestyle and TK Maxx). Pity - I'd have preferred a more quality retailer than a super sized pound shop!

Also, mentioned in another thread but Lidl have sought planning permission to build a supermarket and cafe as part of the retail element of the residential development that will be going up on the junction of Clonsilla Road and Clonsilla Link Road (near Applegreen garage) under FW19A/0009

ongarboy wrote: »
    Hmm...according to Fingal Co Co planning ref, Mr. Price will be moving into the old 53 Degrees North unit (Unit 428) of Blanchardstown Retail Park (to the left of Lifestyle and TK Maxx). Pity - I'd have preferred a more quality retailer than a super sized pound shop!

I agree, crap shop and probably try and fill the new unit with a party shop and homeware like the head office shop in Tallaght

Shame a Iceland or Tesco didn't go in

• Advertisement

I agree, crap shop and probably try and fill the new unit with a party shop and homeware like the head office shop in Tallaght

Shame a Iceland or Tesco didn't go in

I thought I heard something a year back (maybe on this thread!) about Iceland going into that Mountview shopping site which was to be redeveloped next to Sammon's Pub - maybe that was just a rumour

Advertisement