Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

wheres the Eurostar place?? is this is blanch village ?

Mulhuddart village

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

“The Oven”... New pizzeria in Clonee Village.

It’s replaced Eatzen or whatever was there before.

Had a 16” ham and cheese. €16.50 I think I paid.

Not greasy like a Dominos. Would buy again.

Nice to have th option close by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭avalidusername

Saw them fitting out the Oven a few weeks ago but didn't know when it would be open. Have to give it a go now. Was sad to see Eatzen go, used to love their food. Malay rendang curry from there was absolutely amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Is that Southern Fried chicken place still on the main street of Clonee? I ordered there once last year and my stomach felt a bit dodgy afterwards. Have stuck to Macaris ever since if I'm in the mood for chipper food. Unfortunately, Ongar no longer has a chipper..but maybe that's a good thing not having it too close to hand for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

ongarboy wrote: »
    Is that Southern Fried chicken place still on the main street of Clonee? I ordered there once last year and my stomach felt a bit dodgy afterwards. Have stuck to Macaris ever since if I'm in the mood for chipper food. Unfortunately, Ongar no longer has a chipper..but maybe that's a good thing not having it too close to hand for me!!

I think it was there last time I passed. Never had a bother though I'd prefer the SF chicken in Supermacs over beside the dual carriageway.

For chipper food it's hard to beat Romayos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Isn't the Chinese in Ongar where Swords Garden used to be, now a chipper also? Has anybody had chips etc from there?

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Isn't the Chinese in Ongar where Swords Garden used to be, now a chipper also? Has anybody had chips etc from there?

Not sure - I've avoided it since it was temporarily shut down by the Food Safety Authority a while back. While I'm sure it now meets all the standards, I just find the fact it had that previous attitude to hygiene off-putting. Taro next door does fantastic food - even though it's specialities are Japanese style food (sushi/noodles etc), it does the best Thai curries in D15 IMO.

The little shop to the right of Cu Chulainns in Ongar have recently been granted permission to be run as a hot food takeaway so we might get a chipper there. Would be handy right next to the pub.

L1011 wrote: »
    Planning permission gone in to open a pub in Mulhuddart - new one down the road in Parkside, not a rehash of Paidi Ogs

Same as the last time, the council have request further information before making a decision. They are looking for them to clarify the use of the yard at the back and says that it can't be used as the smoking area and then they ask them what the plan is for smokers...!!! A couple of other things as well (deliveries, are they planning to serve food etc.).

Very similar to the request for further information the last time but then they didn't respond and just let the application expire.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I see the Musashi sign has gone up at the centre but the windows are still covered up so hard to tell how close to opening they are. According to their website, it is 'opening soon' no date given.

http://www.musashidublin.com/Blanchardstown/

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Jaster Rogue

miamee wrote: »
    I see the Musashi sign has gone up at the centre but the windows are still covered up so hard to tell how close to opening they are. According to their website, it is 'opening soon' no date given.

http://www.musashidublin.com/Blanchardstown/

They have been "opening soon" for 8 months now. I wouldn't hold my breath!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

There appears to be a new sushi place in Blanch village where The Cottage Café used to be. Couldn't catch the exact name when I drove by it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Gerlad wrote: »
    There appears to be a new sushi place in Blanch village where The Cottage Café used to be. Couldn't catch the exact name when I drove by it yesterday.

Did it close down?

jeffk wrote: »
    Did it close down?

Yes looks that way. Wasn't a huge fan of it - went once and didn't impress so never went back. Blanch village is really turning into a foodie haven. Castleknock would kill for half of the options available.

Yes looks that way. Wasn't a huge fan of it - went once and didn't impress so never went back. Blanch village is really turning into a foodie haven. Castleknock would kill for half of the options available.

You got further than I did

Wanted to go with herself then few drinks on a saturday night so went to book table

Tried it all, phone, Facebook messenger, their online booking system to no joy, Facebook messenger came up seen and all

Wouldn't mind if there was chinese buffet and good size sit in chipper, not just fancy or mad food

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Oh that's great news, I didn't spot that last night despite driving by :D last time I paid attention, it didn't look like anything had been done with it. I'll be looking forward to hearing how the food is in it.
    jeffk wrote: »
    Did it close down?
    It changed hands briefly last summer (I think) and the new owners totally changed it, devor, menu, etc. but it didn't stay open for very long. I've no idea if the current restaurant is now the same people from last year or a third owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Sushi tapas apparently.

Sure it's not that long since your only choice in Blanch was Macaris or Marsellas.

According to the Sunday Business Post, Blanch SC has now received permission to build a supermarket and cafe as an extension to the Red Mall (the M&S/BT2 entrance). I'm thinking Tesco could be the occupier as they are kind of under-represented in D15 apart from Roselawn? I doubt SuperValu would open another one so close to their one in the village. Don't think there is any other big retail player apart from Aldi I suppose that isn't represented in the area (nearest is Clonee) and Iceland are already building one in Mountview.

According to the Sunday Business Post, Blanch SC has now received permission to build a supermarket and cafe as an extension to the Red Mall (the M&S/BT2 entrance). I'm thinking Tesco could be the occupier as they are kind of under-represented in D15 apart from Roselawn? I doubt SuperValu would open another one so close to their one in the village. Don't think there is any other big retail player apart from Aldi I suppose that isn't represented in the area (nearest is Clonee) and Iceland are already building one in Mountview.

There's an Aldi in Mulhuddart

It's called Shibuyashi, I haven't tried it out yet. OH is not a sushi fan so I'll have to rope someone else into coming with me.

Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/shibuyashijapanese/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

PitaPit has opened in the old Xtravision unit in Blanchardstown Centre near McDonald's Drive Thru.

Their instagram seems to show that they opened 3 months ago!

• Advertisement

Yes it's been open for quite a while. I've been twice, tasty enough and an alternative healthy food on the go. It was very quiet both times though so I hope that improves or they won't be there for long.

Yeah we went to look a few weeks ago, as a worker agreed with me a healthy subway

Also was us and someone else so was quiet, but then a just-eat driver came in. I have also seen someone posting about getting them in a business, so maybe quiet shop doesn't mean quiet business

From Pita Pit Facebook

Living in Blanchardstown, Carpenterstown, Clonsilla or Hartstown? Lucky you! Keep an eye on your post box over the coming days as Pita Pit is doing a leaflet drop with lots of voucher treats inside!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭AlanG

Pita Pit did a sampling at Verona Academy a few weeks ago. Both kids and adults were well impressed with the food and the cajun chicken was a particular hit. The owner was saying that they are certainly suffering because of their location between two big players so they get overlooked a bit. He also said he has no problem with customers bringing in McDonalds for the kids and eating it in his shop if the adults are getting Pita Pit.

I ate there a few months ago when it first opened and enjoyed it. Haven’t been back since but that’s more because I’m not down in the centre that much anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

AlanG wrote: »
    Pita Pit did a sampling at Verona Academy a few weeks ago. Both kids and adults were well impressed with the food and the cajun chicken was a particular hit. The owner was saying that they are certainly suffering because of their location between two big players so they get overlooked a bit. He also said he has no problem with customers bringing in McDonalds for the kids and eating it in his shop if the adults are getting Pita Pit.

Not wanting to seen unsympathetic but he knew what was there before he opened?

Haven't been yet as I'm rarely at the centre these days but I do like the look of the menu so will pop in sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Xtravision.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hurrache wrote: »
    Xtravision.

I meant McDonald's and Krispy Kreme!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

A donnybrook fair would be nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I know Hotel Chocolat are looking to open a shop and cafe in the centre, so I wonder if that's the cafe the planning permission is for?

Advertisement