Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

L1011 wrote: »
    Esquires is a franchise, Dealz owns/operates all their own stores directly.

A lot harder to control franchisees except by taking the rights off them.

You'd think after complaints and customers losing the head, they would've stepped in and reminded them of this.

Suppose in the end the decision was made for them.

It's a shame as won't go near Kays, so dunnes only Café left to me, plus was handy as outside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭raheny red

Planning permission up at the old florists at SV Blanch for Units 8/10 to be knocked into the 1 unit. Extending the post office?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

jeffk wrote: »
    You'd think after complaints and customers losing the head, they would've stepped in and reminded them of this.

Suppose in the end the decision was made for them.

It's a shame as won't go near Kays, so dunnes only Café left to me, plus was handy as outside

I’ve not sat in yet in Art of Coffee but it does good take away service.

Marks and Spencer’s cafe is decent enough too.

BlondeBomb wrote: »

I looked in Art of coffee and seen E6.50 a roll or wrap :eek:

I did try M&S for breakfast once, about three options aimed at a higher clientele

I suppose the shopping centre seems to be going dundrum lite, so dont expect much in the way of "normal" cafes ala dunnes to come alone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I did try M&S for breakfast once, about three options aimed at a higher clientele

I suppose the shopping centre seems to be going dundrum lite, so dont expect much in the way of "normal" cafes ala dunnes to come alone

prices in esquire were in the same league as that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭raheny red

Southern fried chicken in Ballycoolen D15.

https://www.happyendingsfood.com/dublin-15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

BlondeBomb wrote: »

AoC are a very good example of how to get a franchise right. They actually do fairly good coffee with proper baristas and they have some interesting soups and sandwiches/rolls to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

raheny red wrote: »

€9.50 for a Chicken Burger! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

had this from their Dorset Street Branch
    Food is delicious but does not travel well , so would be very much pick up more so than delivery

They also work with Veginity so their Vegan options are really top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

AoC are a very good example of how to get a franchise right. They actually do fairly good coffee with proper baristas and they have some interesting soups and sandwiches/rolls to go with it.

The sausage rolls in Art of Coffee are off the charts - really really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

It seems some people would be happy to pay cheaper prices for cheaper, inferior tasting food. Give me a tasty satisfying sandwich or soup for a euro extra any day. Art of Coffee's meatball ciabattas are gorgeous as are their varied and interesting flavoured soups. Their soup and sambo combo deal in town was always very good value for under a tenner. Not sure if they do it in Blanch.

I think in my case its I forgot what it was like to go out a pay for and sit in and eat something

Wait till I remeber pints went over a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

ongarboy wrote: »
    It seems some people would be happy to pay cheaper prices for cheaper, inferior tasting food. Give me a tasty satisfying sandwich or soup for a euro extra any day. Art of Coffee's meatball ciabattas are gorgeous as are their varied and interesting flavoured soups. Their soup and sambo combo deal in town was always very good value for under a tenner. Not sure if they do it in Blanch.

I couldn’t agree more.
    I like to think that paying a little bit extra for Grass Fed Irish Beef will give me a quality product. The same goes for Irish Lamb and Irish Pork. I like the idea of traceability, “Farm to Fork”
    To my mind, Chicken is a product that inspires very little confidence in that it will be neither flavoursome or special. Particularly when it coming out of a Fast Food Outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

That website is awful... Very weird place for a burger joint too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

There's plenty of food places around there, there used to be an O'Briens there and another cafe. Then you had the 2 services stations with a variety of food concessions, although last week when I was in one of them the Abrakebabra was closed, may have been due to an issue they were having or more long term, I don't know.

The operation hours of Happy Endings, doesn't really cater for the local businesses, not that there's many people in offices these days anyway, but it doesn't really matter where it is if it's doing delivery and collections. I look forward to trying something different anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Get a Mc breakfast and coffee.

Phil.x wrote: »
    Get a Mc breakfast and coffee.

One of the best coffee you can get, shame they ruined it and took separate counter out

One of the best coffee you can get

Wow. That is some statement.

Have you tried it?

No worse than some of the brand names and half if not less the price

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I agree to an extent, it's consistent. I'd take McDonald's coffee over Starbucks and Insomnia any day. I drink my coffee black and unsweetened so you really notice how some places taste burnt or bitter. Looking forward to trying Art of Coffee.

• Advertisement

One of the best coffee you can get, shame they ruined it and took separate counter out

I too was sceptical many years ago when a colleague, who'd take coffee intravenously if he could he was such a coffee fanatic, constantly remarked as to how good their coffee was.

I gave it a try myself and he wasn't too wrong. It's not bad at all, not my favourite but more than acceptable. But I do like Insomnia, so horses for courses.

McDonalds is easily the best coffee out of all the chain ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭choo choo man

McDonalds is easily the best coffee out of all the chain ones.

I would have to second that. Would often go for a flat white in McDonalds which i find is good and also you get your 7th cup free if you save the stickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I would have to second that. Would often go for a flat white in McDonalds which i find is good and also you get your 7th cup free if you save the stickers.

its actually your sixth one free because you still get a sticker on your free one!

i also think its decent coffee

Have you tried it?

No worse than some of the brand names and half if not less the price

Well in a comparison between Insomnia, Starbucks, etc. and a cup of water mixed with muck, the latter would win imo

McD coffee is definitely nicer than those brands. But it had some way to go to reach the levels of a proper baristas cafe coffee.

Well in a comparison between Insomnia, Starbucks, etc. and a cup of water mixed with muck, the latter would win imo

McD coffee is definitely nicer than those brands. But it had some way to go to reach the levels of a proper baristas cafe coffee.

If you put McDonald’s coffee in a porcelain cup in somewhere called Florrie Mays Little Bakery then most people wouldn’t know. A lot of it is a disdain for the paper cup brigade and the big M.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

If you put McDonald’s coffee in a porcelain cup in somewhere called Florrie Mays Little Bakery then most people wouldn’t know. A lot of it is a disdain for the paper cup brigade and the big M.

Definitely. I would not touch any food from McDonalds to be honest, it aint for me. But would have no problem with their coffee. Definitely better than Starbucks which I dislike. I do like Insomnia but Coffee Works in the village is the best to have.

Any idea when the coffee shop is going in at the Lidl in Clonsilla. Its close to me and could do with a coffee shop nearby.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

LorelaiG wrote: »
    That website is awful... Very weird place for a burger joint too.

It's a bit far out alright, I'm not sure how hot the food wouldbe by the time I got home. Will have to spin up there some day to check how far away it is. last time we ordered from somewhere new, we couldn't find the unit in Coomine Industrial Estate so the food was past it's best by the time we got it home to eat.

The funny thing about the aversion to Star Bucks is that if it was a small coffee shop like it started out as people would be saying they preferred it. It's almost psychological because of its size these days, but the coffee itself there is fine.
    miamee wrote: »
    It's a bit far out alright, I'm not sure how hot the food wouldbe by the time I got home. Will have to spin up there some day to check how far away it is. last time we ordered from somewhere new, we couldn't find the unit in Coomine Industrial Estate so the food was past it's best by the time we got it home to eat.

To you maybe, similarly to how places close to you are too far out for many others in D15. There's parts of D15 that some places consider to be the other side of the country as they won't deliver to it. The ridiculous part is that they're easier and quicker to get too than many other places they serve due to the lack of traffic and better roads.

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    The funny thing about the aversion to Star Bucks is that if it was a small coffee shop like it started out as people would be saying they preferred it. It's almost psychological because of its size these days, but the coffee itself there is fine.

To you maybe, similarly to how places close to you are too far out for many others in D15. There's parts of D15 that some places consider to be the other side of the country as they won't deliver to it. The ridiculous part is that they're easier and quicker to get too than many other places they serve due to the lack of traffic and better roads.

Starbucks coffee is horrific. Do you actually like coffee?

Advertisement