Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

No, I drink it because it makes me violently ill, and then I die.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

RIP xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

RIP xxx

Not surprising, the last one was bad enough to kill the franchise altogether.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Every time I see an update in the thread I think there is another new business in Dublin 15...but no, more coffee talk :(

Let's get back to new businesses in the area where we can spend all of our money
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Any word on when Bunsen will open up. There is nothing on their own website / twitter feed and the online article (post earlier) doesn't have any dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

quazzy wrote: »
    Any word on when Bunsen will open up. There is nothing on their own website / twitter feed and the online article (post earlier) doesn't have any dates.

The legals were only signed or reported last week so it could take months. Fitouts can't happen during current restrictions and I doubt they'd even consider an opening date until sit in dining is allowed again. I'd wager mid summer at the earliest.

https://www.property.ie/commercial-property/Cafe-at-U-Hansfield-Ongar-Dublin-15/3984073/

Not a named business opening but a cafe unit is available to let at the new apartments being built next to Hansfield train station. Link says it will trade next to a convenience store and creche. Delighted to see a shop and cafe going in there for when we return to regular commuting and locals living adjacent will surely welcome it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Anybody ordered from Rian Thai in Ongar yet? (In the old Taro unit).

DoozerT6 wrote: »

I was going to order a Taro Thai beef red curry at the weekend (as I've done 100 times before, I absolutely love theirs!!) but might give this place a go to check it out. Will report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh I did last weekend. Can recommend. Very good.

• Advertisement

Had it tonight. Quite good but a tad pricier than Taro (€2 extra for identical meal). I'd stick to Taro for both price and superior taste but happy to have healthy competition in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Juat saw that BuJo is opening up in D15.
    Never been to the one in Sandy mount but I heard good things.

It'll be a great addition to the area.
    Unclear if it's castleknock or blanch

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

They're advertising it as Castleknock, but no idea where specifically. Bujo is very, very good - after one of the previous lockdowns lifted my wife and I drove over to Sandymount just so we could get burgers. We had to eat in the car as it was lashing so we couldn't eat outside, but it was well worth the trip. However I will admit that I do slightly prefer Bunsen and really can't wait for them to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭wandererz

I haven't ever found a great burger place in Dublin that suits my taste / liking, let alone in D15.
    Probably the best thing i've liked has been a bbq burger at Dicey O'Reilly's in town - remember that??

Recently, in Dublin 15, I've tried the Burger Store in Ongar - had great hopes, but it's just OK.
    Tried WowBurger at The Foxhunter - again, just OK.
    Not much selection. The elephant & castle franchise seems to have a better selection but perhaps too expensive.

Now i am hesitant and tend to order other stuff.

The best fast food i have tasted in the area recently has been a place in Dunboyne or thereabouts that delivered chilli dogs.

I love the food but hate to order from there (Dunboyne) to have them deliver all the way to Clonsilla/Ongar, but they advertised delivery within my radius and it turned out to be (relatively) fantastic considering it had to be delivered. Much better than Eddie Rockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

wandererz wrote: »
    The best fast food i have tasted in the area recently has been a place in Dunboyne or thereabouts that delivered chilli dogs.

I love the food but hate to order from there (Dunboyne) to have them deliver all the way to Clonsilla/Ongar, but they advertised delivery within my radius and it turned out to be (relatively) fantastic considering it had to be delivered. Much better than Eddie Rockets.
    What’s the name of this mysterious purveyor of fine Chilli Dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭raheny red

BuJo is deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fatnacho

Very decent selection of burger places open or about to be opened in D15 now with Half and Half, Happy Endings, Wowburger, Bunsen and BuJo. Loadsa new food markets too offering burgers in the area. Obviously the owners are realising there is a huge untapped market out here. Still surprised there’s no permanent burrito/taqueria place around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭mattser

miamee wrote: »
    Every time I see an update in the thread I think there is another new business in Dublin 15...but no, more coffee talk :(

Let's get back to new businesses in the area where we can spend all of our money
    :pac:

Do you like chili burgers with your coffee ? Pathetic thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Fatnacho wrote: »
    Very decent selection of burger places open or about to be opened in D15 now with Half and Half, Happy Endings, Wowburger, Bunsen and BuJo. Loadsa a new food markets too offering burgers in the area. Obviously the owners are realising there is a huge untapped market out here. Still surprised there’s no permanent burrito/taqueria place around.

It is one of lifes great mystery’s how a Boojum or Tolteca have never opened in Blanch. They would make a killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

It is one of lifes great mystery’s how a Boojum or Tolteca have never opened in Blanch. They would make a killing.

Boojum would clean up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Gerlad wrote: »
    Boojum would clean up

Boojum did try with a popup a few years ago, and I'd have expected this to be testing the water to see how much draw they might get long term, but nothing more permanent came of it. Of course perhaps they didn't get to operate that for as long as they would have liked due to shortcomings in the operating conditions: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/food-businesses-closed-over-cockroaches-and-human-excrement-1.3349620
    Health inspectors who examined the Boojum food stall in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre on December 1st found there was no hot or cold running water and that raw meat and ready-to-eat foods were prepared and served on the premises.

Also, looking at the distribution of their premises in Dublin, they're all clustered very close to the city centre, so maybe they don't want to have to manage premises further out at the present moment.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    What’s the name of this mysterious purveyor of fine Chilli Dogs?

Sideburger in Dunboyne

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Daeltaja

Fatnacho wrote: »
    Still surprised there’s no permanent burrito/taqueria place around.

That is all we are missing. Only a matter of time at this rate before Boojum pops up. Would prefer Pablo Picante, but that is not going to happen :o

Daeltaja wrote: »
    That is all we are missing. Only a matter of time at this rate before Boojum pops up. Would prefer Pablo Picante, but that is not going to happen :o

Boojum had the van outside Blanchardstown SS last year at the start or middle of the lockdown.

Decent queues. Everyone was hoping it was market research for opening in Blanch.

I admit to trying a few orders myself.

But is it exciting and dynamic enough long term or does it become meh?

wandererz wrote: »
    Boojum had the van outside Blanchardstown SS last year at the start or middle of the lockdown.

Decent queues. Everyone was hoping it was market research for opening in Blanch.

I admit to trying a few orders myself.

But is it exciting and dynamic enough long term or does it become meh?

OK, but how come the 457 mostly mediocre Chinese takeaways located in Dublin 15 are all exciting and dynamic enough to be sustained in the long term but a single burrito bar wouldn't be for a catchment area population of about 100,000 people with high youth percentage (ie target market for burritos)?

Just read that Bujo will be located at Junction 6. Their focus will be on drive through click and collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Daeltaja

ongarboy wrote: »
    OK, but how come the 457 mostly mediocre Chinese takeaways located in Dublin 15 are all exciting and dynamic enough to be sustained in the long term but a single burrito bar wouldn't be for a catchment area population of about 100,000 people with high youth percentage (ie target market for burritos)?

I walked by Boojum in Smithfield Square at 11am Sunday gone. There was literally like 15 Deliveroo drivers waiting outside, which tells you all you need to know about burrito demand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

What's a burrito?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I've taken to driving to Smithfield for my Boojum hit, would love one closer by

• Advertisement

Phil.x wrote: »
    What's a burrito?

In Spanish, a burro is a donkey, so a burrito is a little donkey. :D

FXWooBLuCYjN6zVvdnzsn07WqJtFaSM-R46Z5Ye71g6LjDdJ75jwe9-v4BJLDDIXZmmQFjrIKD3e2xXDBqKqsQaVXzEEGOBM

Although in this case the lads are talking about one of these...

Chicken-Burritos_2.jpg?w=500&h=500&crop=1

Advertisement