Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

wandererz wrote: »
    Boojum had the van outside Blanchardstown SS last year at the start or middle of the lockdown.

Decent queues. Everyone was hoping it was market research for opening in Blanch.

I admit to trying a few orders myself.

But is it exciting and dynamic enough long term or does it become meh?

It was a lot longer ago that the van was outside the centre. Unless they did two stints and maybe they did but I never knew about the second one. Last time they were outside the centre was in 2018 if my memory serves me correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

liamog wrote: »
    I've taken to driving to Smithfield for my Boojum hit, would love one closer by
    I've cycled in a few times. At 21km round trip (and a good long, shallow climb back), I too would love one closer :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

daymobrew wrote: »
    I've cycled in a few times. At 21km round trip (and a good long, shallow climb back), I too would love one closer :-)

Yeah but at least with the cycle you're working off the boojum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Yeah but at least with the cycle you're working off the boojum
    In my case, as I cycle in to bring 4 burritos home for the family, I work up the perfect appetite. Pre-burn the calories.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

So the new business coming to D15, the daymobrew cycle burrito smuggling service :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Mad Egg is opening delivery-only for Dublin 15 from today on Deliveroo. Brilliant news. Looks like from Clonsilla Inn on maps. I hope it can stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Mad Egg is opening delivery-only for Dublin 15 from today on Deliveroo. Brilliant news. Looks like from Clonsilla Inn on maps. I hope it can stay.

With outdoor dining allowed soon, I wonder will Clonsilla Inn look to build a good sized terrace that would allow decent and weather proof eating and drinking outdoors. They've ample space to the front and rear unlike a lot of pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Polar101

Mao seems to have (re)opened, but this time in the shopping centre. The map on Just Eat puts them somewhere around the Leisureplex building, I think. I used to like the one in Blanch village a lot, until they upped their delivery prices and increased the minimum order amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Polar101 wrote: »
    Mao seems to have (re)opened, but this time in the shopping centre. The map on Just Eat puts them somewhere around the Leisureplex building, I think. I used to like the one in Blanch village a lot, until they upped their delivery prices and increased the minimum order amount.

They're sharing Dante pizza premises

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭wandererz

Polar101 wrote: »

I ordered lunch this afternoon. Nasi Goreng.
    Delicious as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Daeltaja

Don't sleep on Thai Garden. We all know the restaurant in Blanch village, but they have a takeaway unit in Coolmine industrial estate for a while now and the food is consistently best in class. Honestly, you won't find better Thai food in D15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭raheny red

Bujo's plans.....

More a business reopening update but was in Blanchardstown shopping centre yesterday. Great to see the place buzzing and most of the stores open. The queuing systems for Penneys spread back to the cinema was very efficient and fast moving. Apart from Debenham, the only other COVID casualties I spotted were the boarded up Burtons, Dorothy Perkins, Pamela Scott and Topman/Topshop.

Nice touch was customer service officials throughout the malls guiding shoppers to use the one way system.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Nice touch was customer service officials throughout the malls guiding shoppers to use the one way system.

Much needed. I was going out of my mind when I was in the centre on Saturday with people blatantly ignoring the signs and arrows. I pointed them out to one couple and got dogs abuse.

Caranica wrote: »
    Much needed. I was going out of my mind when I was in the centre on Saturday with people blatantly ignoring the signs and arrows. I pointed them out to one couple and got dogs abuse.

Agree it's badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

It looks like they are working on the store next to Butlers in the SC.

I think the last store there was the pop up from Pippa O’Connor.

PopTarts wrote: »

The Butlers kiosk upstairs had a big queue when I was there this week. I thought initially having 2 Butlers was overkill but both seem to do well.

Both Mango and Hollister still have opening Spring 2021 hoardings across from the kiosk. I assume they are still going ahead with obviously rescheduled opening dates. Although with all these sudden exits like Abercrombie & Fitch and Tommy Hilfiger in city centre, nothing is guaranteed with bricks and mortar retail anymore.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

PopTarts wrote: »

went past it earlier on. a baby feeding and changing location

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Rumours of a ice cream cafe opening near Lidl in Castlknock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Swampy wrote: »
    Rumours of a ice cream cafe opening near Lidl in Castlknock.

There is, it’s called Bueno.

https://www.facebook.com/bueno.ie/photos/a.102831521440429/306979531025626/?type=3

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Another one bites the dust in the centre

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Aw that's a shame. I wonder are all of their stores closing in Ireland or just this one?

Edit: seems to be just Blanch at the moment, they are referring people to their George's St shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Daeltaja

Ah balls, pretty much the only decent shop in Blanch for homeware nick-nacks. One less reason to visit that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Is it not a very strange time to be deciding to close up shop? I mean they've been shut for however many months and then retail has been just allowed to reopen as of a few weeks ago. Surely it would be worth giving it time to see how it plays out with the reopening of society, or maybe something else is at play?

VonLuck wrote: »
    Is it not a very strange time to be deciding to close up shop? I mean they've been shut for however many months and then retail has been just allowed to reopen as of a few weeks ago. Surely it would be worth giving it time to see how it plays out with the reopening of society, or maybe something else is at play?

The design of that shop made social distancing very difficult, it was quite poky. I wasn't a fan at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fatnacho

Is Raidar clothes shop in the Centre closed down too? Walked past on Friday and it was shuttered. Social media pages are inactive. Selection of menswear only shops in Blanch is very poor compared to other shopping centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Fatnacho wrote: »
    Is Raidar clothes shop in the Centre closed down too? Walked past on Friday and it was shuttered. Social media pages are inactive. Selection of menswear only shops in Blanch is very poor compared to other shopping centres.

One in town was closed the weekend too, shop full of clothes but I'd assume maybe going through some sort of transition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭raheny red

I see there's construction work going on outside the Greyhound Pub. An Outdoor "dining" area or something else altogether?

Advertisement