Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457 offer - questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Davesh1

Thanks for the info,

So I told this company that I'd accept the role and they have just turned to me and said that it was the assumption all along that I'd be coming over on a spouse visa and they are not able to sponsor me! Even though their last two emails mention an offer including sponsorship

So since the original offer they have gone from e95k to 90k to sponsorship with 50% of the cost to no sponsorship!

What a strange experience!

I'll be looking into the 189 now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I'd be staying well away from that company for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Davesh1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info,

So I told this company that I'd accept the role and they have just turned to me and said that it was the assumption all along that I'd be coming over on a spouse visa and they are not able to sponsor me! Even though their last two emails mention an offer including sponsorship

So since the original offer they have gone from e95k to 90k to sponsorship with 50% of the cost to no sponsorship!

What a strange experience!

I'll be looking into the 189 now anyway

Amateur hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Batgurl wrote: »
    Be careful doing this. Immigration do not like this route (even though it's not strictly prohibited). If they stop you at the airport and think you intend to stay longer than 90 days or your true intentions are not to holiday, then can cancel your ETA. All it takes is one dick at the airport having a bad day...

While you say this is technically possible what are the chances of your visa being approved if attempted this way? Realistically if this was a workable solution anyone could come in on a holiday visa and then apply and stay.

It wasn't something I was willing to chance as it's too serious an issue to be refused the partner visa

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Davesh1

Yeah it sounds risky but it seems many have done it

I guess it's a worst case scenario if a 189 falls through, as I really don;t want to wait 9-12 months for a partner visa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 cianboy

Senior Tester on a permanent salary is around the 90-110 mark package wise. So the offer isn't too bad but as others have indicated you could end up stuck.

I'd recommend that you contract, if it's money you want to be making then that's how you make it as a tester. That means coming over on your own steam (no 457). Day rates for a manual tester are 550+ and if you have automation experience you can add another 100+ per day on top.

Source: Been out here for 8 years working in IT in Sydney.

PM if you'd like any more info. Happy to help.

Advertisement