Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening an IP Range

Options
  • 31-07-2015 11:25am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure where to post this, hoping someone can help.

Haven't been able to access Spotify on my home internet network since Tuesday on any platform. (app, desktop, sonos etc) Spotify just says I'm offline even though my internet is working fine. I've made no changes to internet settings.

Im with Eircom eFibre and on their F2000 modem. Not that it should make a difference but I have my DNS pointed at the Playmo servers for a number of years and it hasnt caused a problem.

Spotify have told me I need to open an IP range:

78.31.8.0/21
    178.31.8.0/24
    193.182.8.0/24

Any idea how I do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

faceman wrote: »
    Not sure where to post this, hoping someone can help.

Haven't been able to access Spotify on my home internet network since Tuesday on any platform. (app, desktop, sonos etc) Spotify just says I'm offline even though my internet is working fine. I've made no changes to internet settings.

Im with Eircom eFibre and on their F2000 modem. Not that it should make a difference but I have my DNS pointed at the Playmo servers for a number of years and it hasnt caused a problem.

Spotify have told me I need to open an IP range:

78.31.8.0/21
    178.31.8.0/24
    193.182.8.0/24

Any idea how I do this?

You don't.

Change your DNS to normal provider and check. Its entirely possible that spotify have added a second Geo location IP check on their system from external pressure.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

This could be your hard firewall or soft firewall issue. Try and rule out a soft firewall issue on your own PC, e.g. Antivirus first. You should not need to forward ports for Spotify?

Advertisement