Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling rates

Options
  • 31-07-2015 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Anyone know the standard rates of tiling labour these days? Is it by day or by square yardage? Also, is it standard to ad wastage of nearly 4 sq yards on a 12.3 sq yard kitchen floor?

Here's the quote I've got:

Floors (29 Sq yards) and kitchen wall tiles (4.5 sq yards) @ €700
    Ensuite walls (20 sq yrds) @ €450
    Bathroom walls (24 sq yrds) @ €500

Seem fair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

laraido wrote: »
    Anyone know the standard rates of tiling labour these days? Is it by day or by square yardage? Also, is it standard to ad wastage of nearly 4 sq yards on a 12.3 sq yard kitchen floor?

Here's the quote I've got:

Floors (29 Sq yards) and kitchen wall tiles (4.5 sq yards) @ €700
    Ensuite walls (20 sq yrds) @ €450
    Bathroom walls (24 sq yrds) @ €500

Seem fair?

Seems the norm 18-20 € a sq yd+vat@13.5%
    Usually 10% allowed for cutting and waste

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

€20 a sq yard is saucy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Just be sure that they include the sanding off the floors with those prices; also if wet rooms are involved, you would need to ensure tanking is included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

It's a bit pointless in just saying its a saucy rate or you should expect more than just tiling for that price , unless your going to say what rate you'd recommend the op settles for.
    I've worked with four different tilers on private house finishings in the last six months and they're all around the 18-20€ sqyd price and booked out at least 6 weeks ahead of themselves around the Leinster/Dublin area
    It might be a bit steep and cheaper can be got but it's the going rate for some that are busy

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭robnet77

earlier this year I received a few quotes for my open space floor, rates were ranging from 10€ to 20 € a sq yd. I went with the cheapest option and was delighted. Just make sure the person you hire knows his stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭laraido

Seems the norm 18-20 € a sq yd+vat@13.5%
    Usually 10% allowed for cutting and waste
    cpoh1 wrote: »
    €20 a sq yard is saucy enough!
    Just be sure that they include the sanding off the floors with those prices; also if wet rooms are involved, you would need to ensure tanking is included.
    It's a bit pointless in just saying its a saucy rate or you should expect more than just tiling for that price , unless your going to say what rate you'd recommend the op settles for.
    I've worked with four different tilers on private house finishings in the last six months and they're all around the 18-20€ sqyd price and booked out at least 6 weeks ahead of themselves around the Leinster/Dublin area
    It might be a bit steep and cheaper can be got but it's the going rate for some that are busy
    robnet77 wrote: »
    earlier this year I received a few quotes for my open space floor, rates were ranging from 10€ to 20 € a sq yd. I went with the cheapest option and was delighted. Just make sure the person you hire knows his stuff.

Thanks all. Going with it. I've seen the mans work in a few houses and its as good as I've seen in this craft.

Advertisement