Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5/3/1 problem

• 31-07-2015 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi, I have been following 5/3/1 for the last few months, however i'm now struggling on one issue and any advice would on what is the best thing to do would be greatly appreciated.

Essentially what is starting to happen now is that the last 4 week cycle I did for deadlift I lifted 5x125kg, 5x140kg and 5x160kg in the first week. However I really struggled on the last set, only getting 3 reps continuously and then needing to take a few secs rest for each of the last two and the last rep I wouldn't even count

The 2nd week my last set was meant to be 3x170kg however I only got two reps.

The third week I my last rep was meant to be 180kgx1 but I got that no problem, however I wasn't able to get a 2nd rep

Basically my question is, whats the best thing to do going forward, should I stay on the same weight and do more work on 5x3 and 3x3 or continue to increase the weight if I keep making the 3rd week single rep.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Knock 5-10% off everything and reset. One step backwards, two steps forwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Try to get through the rest of this prescribed cycle (you'll miss reps elsewhere) then for the start of the next four week block take 15% off your 'max' that your reps for the next four weeks and so on are being calculated off and continue on.

Advertisement