Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best barbers in town?

Options
  • 31-07-2015 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations on where the best place to get a haircut in town is? Usually go to Grafton Barbers and although they're good, I'd kind of like to try a new place.

I went to a Turkish barber a couple of weeks ago after reading good reviews online (won't mention the name in case I'm not allowed), but it was the worst hair cut I've ever had. On the website it said a cut would come with all of these extras like eyebrow shaping and the rest of the Turkish barber experience, but no. There were no extras, I was in and out in 5 mins. I even had to shave the back of my neck when I went home because he didn't bother.

Anyone with a place they go to where the service is consistently 10/10?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

I'd recommend the Waldorf on Westmoreland Street, but queues are becoming ridiculous. It's great them taking their time when you're in the chair, but I've been there an hour and left because I was still waiting.

They do have another shop around the corner in Temple Bar, I think its called The Green Rooster. €25 a haircut, but less queues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

Is it the same price in the Waldorf, or a bit more expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Waldorf was 19 last time i was there

• Registered Users Posts: 34 onlinemonkey

I go to the The Barber's Room on College Street, there is a bit of a wait but the cut is usually good and consistant

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭cargen

I went to Barbiere in Camden street lower last week.

I am very pleased with the service.

• Advertisement

I go to the The Barber's Room on College Street, there is a bit of a wait but the cut is usually good and consistant
    cargen wrote: »
    I went to Barbiere in Camden street lower last week.

I am very pleased with the service.

Do they give you the cut exactly as you asked for it? Reason I'm kind of switching from Grafton Barbers is that the last two times I went, what I asked for and the cut I was given were two completely different things. I'm all open to a bit of creative license, but the last time was particularly bad. I had to just get out of the chair and go to a different barbers next door and get them to salvage it.:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Woxx on south William Street give a great cut and don't rub it in too much either.

Went to the butcher barber recently after looking at reviews etc and was very disappointed, especially at 30 quid a cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 onlinemonkey

jungleman wrote: »
    Do they give you the cut exactly as you asked for it? Reason I'm kind of switching from Grafton Barbers is that the last two times I went, what I asked for and the cut I was given were two completely different things. I'm all open to a bit of creative license, but the last time was particularly bad. I had to just get out of the chair and go to a different barbers next door and get them to salvage it.:(
    Yup, they do exactly what you ask for. They spend a bit of time with you at the start making sure that they are dong what you want

Anyone been to that barbers on Trinity St? One of the lads I work with goes there and says it's pretty good?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Sam's on Ormond Quay.

But basically anyone here: http://lovintrends.com/lifestyle/fashion/the-top-10-barbers-in-dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I like to try different places. My hairstyle is like a slightly longer version of Bernard Brogans, to give yous a rough idea!!

I first tried Bedford Stuy about 2 years ago, probably pointless mentioning it now but at the time was a great cut. Wash, cut, styled for I think €24. Was good at the time. The owner (I think) was a bit pretentious so I stopped going there plus the barber I prefered left!

Within the last year or so I went to The Barbers Room, near Trinity. Overall was quite happy with it. There's 4 working there, 2 guys and 2 girls. People recommend the owner (there'll be queue of people waiting for him). I actually thought this cut was average enough to be honest, but he seems to be recommened a lot. I prefered the Eastern European girl that was there, blonde hair. A good cut and she pays attention and asks exactly what you want.

Within the last 3 months I tried the Turish barber on Fenian Street (now closed down by the looks of things!). 2 of the best haircuts I got there. Excellent cut and perfect style. Pity they're closed now.

Last cut I got was in Cut&Sew. Asked for the usual short on back and sides, long on top. Standard enough cut but they like to cut it in a fade so be aware of that.

Think I'll try the Turkish Barber on Aungier Street or the Waldorf next time!

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I like to try different places. My hairstyle is like a slightly longer version of Bernard Brogans, to give yous a rough idea!!

I first tried Bedford Stuy about 2 years ago, probably pointless mentioning it now but at the time was a great cut. Wash, cut, styled for I think €24. Was good at the time. The owner (I think) was a bit pretentious so I stopped going there plus the barber I prefered left!

Within the last year or so I went to The Barbers Room, near Trinity. Overall was quite happy with it. There's 4 working there, 2 guys and 2 girls. People recommend the owner (there'll be queue of people waiting for him). I actually thought this cut was average enough to be honest, but he seems to be recommened a lot. I prefered the Eastern European girl that was there, blonde hair. A good cut and she pays attention and asks exactly what you want.

Within the last 3 months I tried the Turish barber on Fenian Street (now closed down by the looks of things!). 2 of the best haircuts I got there. Excellent cut and perfect style. Pity they're closed now.

Last cut I got was in Cut&Sew. Asked for the usual short on back and sides, long on top. Standard enough cut but they like to cut it in a fade so be aware of that.

Think I'll try the Turkish Barber on Aungier Street or the Waldorf next time!

Don't try the Turkish barbers on Aungier St, that's where I got my atrocious haircut in the OP. He had me in and out of the chair in five minutes, and didn't even bother to shave my neck (I have a ridiculously hairy neck). It was a complete waste of time and money!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Woxx Barbers on south William St. Best in town imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I used to go to a guy in Liberty Lane when I worked over there.
    He gets a lot of Gardai in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Sam's on Ormond Quay.

But basically anyone here: http://lovintrends.com/lifestyle/fashion/the-top-10-barbers-in-dublin

I went there for my last cut. I wasnt happy at all with it. The Barber literally didnt listen to what I wanted. I had to constantly asked for him to correct it(like I asked for extremely short on the sides. He decided that was a 3). He honestly didnt look like he cared if he did a decent job or not. Wasnt worth the money

I have used beards and barnets in Temple Bar a few times. I dont have a single bad thing to say about them. The staff are great. They follow what you want and make suggestions if you like. Its €27 for a cut. But well worth it and they only do appointments. So there is no waiting around for 2 hours like some places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

OP, I used to go to that barber but haven't been happy with it for a while. Service has gone down and the only one I'd want to cut my hair there would be the owner. Very difficult to get as he was very popular.

I went to Sam's on the quays last week and the service was top notch. Really happy with the haircut. I booked it online and arrived just before the time and was seen to right on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

jungleman wrote: »
    Don't try the Turkish barbers on Aungier St, that's where I got my atrocious haircut in the OP. He had me in and out of the chair in five minutes, and didn't even bother to shave my neck (I have a ridiculously hairy neck). It was a complete waste of time and money!

Cheers, think I'll give it a miss so, another poster here didn't recommend them either. The Waldorf it is! (I actually went here before but was waiting about 45mins so had to leave!).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I go to a hairdressers so it;s mostly women, more interesed in any advice on any people that are good at guiding you to new styles and not just doing what they are told.

I've gone back to Grafton barbers since my OP. The one downstairs in Arnotts is great in fairness, I've had two really good cuts there recently. You get a cup of tea, a wash, and a nice head massage with their own scalp tonic. Even got the eyebrows trimmed while I was at it.

Advertisement