Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey Results on Sale Agreed Property

Options
  • 31-07-2015 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

I have had a survey done on a property I am sale agreed on. There is a recommendation that some work needs to be done asap with other work to be done down the road. The total figure to get the work done is circa €2,500. In these situations it is usual to go back to the vendor and see if I can negotiate a reduction in the price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Yep.

Also usual for them to tell you to naff off but it's all part of the fun of negotiating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

are you good at negotiating?
    if it was me i'd say
    "Actually, we had more interest after we both agreed; so if the price is up for discussion i'll just see if they want to beat or even match the price we had settled on.i'll ring you on Tuesday but i think prices and offers are going up these days"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

No its not usual for small issues. Yes if it something major or structural but not for €2,500!

Advertisement