Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is fibre available in my area

Options
  • 31-07-2015 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi could you tell me if fibre is available in Bunbeg in Donegal yet according to the map it is suppose to be available in july,also what distance can i be from the cabinet to be able to get fibre thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

pmc8 wrote: »
    Hi could you tell me if fibre is available in Bunbeg in Donegal yet according to the map it is suppose to be available in july,also what distance can i be from the cabinet to be able to get fibre thank you.
    Hi pmc8

eFibre is provisionally planned to launch in Bunbeg on the 5th of August

The cabinet set to launch is BEG1_E01 - you can find it's location by clicking here "NGA fibre broadband Network" http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

The maximum range a line can be from the Cabinet is 2Km although it's worth bearing in mind that lines are not laid as the crow flies and can a variety of routes before terminating at your premises

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pmc8

Thanks for the quick reply alan im way more than 2km from the cabinet unfortunatly looks like no fibre for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

pmc8 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply alan im way more than 2km from the cabinet unfortunatly looks like no fibre for me
    Sorry for the bad news pmc8

Al

Advertisement