Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student looking to do psychology degree

Options
  • 31-07-2015 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hey guys I need some help..Im 26 and I have never had any idea what I wanted to do with my life. I performed poorly on the leaving cert(220 points) and then done a plc course to be a personal trainer which i lost interest in and dropped out of and have been working in retail ever since :)..I have always been a prolific reader of history and philosophy but recently i have realised i am more interested in the psychology of history more than history itself and have realised psychology is what i love to learn about more than anything..Is it possible for me to be accepted into ucd or tcd for psychology as a mature student or is it unlikely. What would be my best course of action? All replies welcome, Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Pos087

paddythere wrote: »
    Hey guys I need some help..Im 26 and I have never had any idea what I wanted to do with my life. I performed poorly on the leaving cert(220 points) and then done a plc course to be a personal trainer which i lost interest in and dropped out of and have been working in retail ever since :)..I have always been a prolific reader of history and philosophy but recently i have realised i am more interested in the psychology of history more than history itself and have realised psychology is what i love to learn about more than anything..Is it possible for me to be accepted into ucd or tcd for psychology as a mature student or is it unlikely. What would be my best course of action? All replies welcome, Thank you

As a mature student you will have apply through Cao and sit the MSAP exam. Psychology is one of the hardest courses to get into, I would guess you would need to score in the top 10% to meet the cut off. Your cover letter for Cao is also very important you will have to sell yourself academically. There is also a limit number of fetac places on psychology courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ashxx22

they say ppl do psychology to figure themselves out??

Advertisement