Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad2 killed by latest IOS 8.1. Options?

• 31-07-2015 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

It worked fine with 7, now it just stops or freezes. It is in perfect order, could it be fitted with a different processor from an older broken machine but with ios 7 or 6 etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Have you tried a fresh install?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Zcott wrote: »
    Have you tried a fresh install?

I have not andn to be frank would have no idea how to do that. I did try as re-install of a full backup from 14 months ago, butb it failed at bthe last hurdle each time! I did buy a fresh 4th gen one used today, as I like the instant portable features of the ipad over my nice desktop and laptop, I am an early 1950s model myself!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

its likely to work fine with a fresh install - try settings, general, reset, erase all content & settings. I've yet to truly break any ios device I've ever owned.
    More here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Done! Thanks guys.... i now have 2 functioning ipads!! OK the 4 is a bit quicker than the 2 but not life changing. Pity I did not know yesterday about this fix,

Cheers
    Pedro

Advertisement