Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grounding multiswitch (single domestic dwelling)

Options
  • 31-07-2015 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Gentlemen,

I picked up an EMP Centauri Pro-fi multiswitch and an Inverto quattro LNB to connect the large array of dual tuner satellite boxes deployed about the house.

Do I need to ground the multiswitch if it is to be used in a single dwelling? The manual isn't entirely clear on the requirements except in the case of multiple dwellings / apartments.

If I do need to provide a ground is it as simple as hammering a metal bar into the ground and running a cable to the switch? Or call in the sparks?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

You do not need to ground if its for a single dwelling. Multiple dwellings yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

I should add, even if you needed it to be earth bonded you need to get a qualified electrician to carry out the work. It is a potentially dangerous situation if it is not done correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

Thanks for the advice obezyana.

Advertisement