Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting broadband in Carrickmines

Options
  • 31-07-2015 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I live in Carrickmines around 4k from an eircom billboard advertising 1000mb broadband.  I could walk to sandyford telephone exchange. The top speed available on my line is 3mb. If i do a speedtest I get 1 maybe 2 mb if im lucky. Eircom have advised me this is the top speed available to me as im too far away??

Is there any plan to roll out broadband to carrickmines in the near future?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jd83 wrote: »
    Hi,

I live in Carrickmines around 4k from an eircom billboard advertising 1000mb broadband.  I could walk to sandyford telephone exchange. The top speed available on my line is 3mb. If i do a speedtest I get 1 maybe 2 mb if im lucky. Eircom have advised me this is the top speed available to me as im too far away??

Is there any plan to roll out broadband to carrickmines in the near future?

Thanks
    Hi jd83

Feel free to PM me your land line number or specific address and I'll look in to this in detail for you

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement