Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OAP Account Worry.

Options
  • 31-07-2015 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, 

I have both my gas & electric accounts with EI and avail of the extra bit of discount for online billing and direct debit payment.

However I'm concerned that when I die that arrears could build up unbeknown to anyone as
    no bills come to the house.  

Other person in the house is not into technology and has a disability, but is named on one of the bills.

Is the only option to go back to paper billing. 

thanks,

danjo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi danjo-xx,

Thanks for your post.
    danjo-xx wrote:
    Is the only option to go back to paper billing.

You could add an authorised contact to your account if there is somebody else in a position to handle your affairs? They wouldn't need to be named on the bill; they would act as a nominated contact person with authorisation to discuss the account on your behalf.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions at all please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Hi David,

thanks for that,  If I dropped online billing and DD payment, am I right in saying I would loose, 2% + 4% discounts and nothing else.

Currently I'm getting DD/eBill/Dual Fuel - Bonus 12%) and if I did above, this would be reduced to 6% or if I only dropped online billing, then it would only drop to 10% is that correct.

thanks
      danjo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi danjo-xx,

You are very welcome.

We would need to check your account before we could confirm this for you.

For account security, we require the following details by private message:

- Your full name
    - Your account number
    - The first line of your address
    - Your contact number or date of birth
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement