Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Adapters Ireland?

Options
  • 31-07-2015 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi everyone,

So I decided I want to replace my PSU fan, which means I either need a 2 pin fan or a 3 pin to 2 pin adapter.. I'm looking for the latter but can't find anywhere in Ireland that sells them! Only places that will deliver and take at least 10 days or so.. Anywhere I can buy it with cheap/fast shipping?

Thanks,
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Tesco or like basically any store that sell travel/visitor adaptors. This is the season for em to be in stock too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PaulDBKelly

Turtwig wrote:
    Tesco or like basically any store that sell travel/visitor adaptors. This is the season for em to be in stock too.

That's the wrong kind of one. It's not a travel adapter. It's a cable in a PC that converts the regular 3 pin fan power cable to a 2 pin PSU fan power cable! Sorry for the confusion! Thanks for the fast reply though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

usually for the sort of stuff I head to ebay :P Unsure if you'll find anywhere in Ireland tbh...I could be wrong!

Turtwig wrote:

HowAreWe wrote:
    usually for the sort of stuff I head to ebay Unsure if you'll find anywhere in Ireland tbh...I could be wrong!

Yeah, I was browsing.. But the best I could find was about 2€ and 6-8€ for delivery! It's alright but I'd be waiting 2 weeks for it..

Thanks anyway! :) will probably have to resort to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

You might pay an arm for it but have you tried maplin?

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote:
    You might pay an arm for it but have you tried maplin?

Ended up ordering from eBay! I'll just have to wait about 2 weeks.. Maplin didn't have any, but I did buy my Corsair SP120s there and they were actually reasonable. The small cables are pretty expensive though..

Advertisement