Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is kmm motors in oranmore, co galway a good place to buy a car from?

• 31-07-2015 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Is kmm motors in oranmore, co galway a good place to buy a car from?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Seems to get bad press around here. Place looks like a jail, the whole yard is surrounded by a tall fence with jagged tips, with all the cars jammed in like sardines in a tin. Doesn't look much when you pass by, blink and you'll miss the place. Not a lot of time has gone into aesthetics.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 boa2507

That link doesn't work for me

Seems to get bad press around here. Place looks like a jail, the whole yard is surrounded by a tall fence with jagged tips, with all the cars jammed in like sardines in a tin. Doesn't look much when you pass by, blink and you'll miss the place. Not a lot of time has gone into aesthetics.

this was the car i was looking, says that there is a one year warranty with it at carzone.ie/used-cars/toyota/auris/used-2008-toyota-auris-1-4-terra-galway-fpa-176914362917119880

and the other one is was looking at was in motorpark galway with a six month warranty

carzone.ie/used-cars/toyota/auris/used-2007-toyota-auris-tr-vvt-i-8-galway-fpa-161814305614426230

this was the car i was looking, says that there is a one year warranty with it at www.carzone.ie/used-cars/toyota/auris/used-2008-toyota-auris-1-4-terra-galway-fpa-176914362917119880

and the other one is was looking at was in motorpark galway with a six month warranty

Www.carzone.ie/used-cars/toyota/auris/used-2007-toyota-auris-tr-vvt-i-8-galway-fpa-161814305614426230

im not sure which one to go for?

• Advertisement

The auris is a pretty below average car in a lot of areas. I'd struggle to justify either of them tbh

Kia ceed, Hyundai i30, Honda Civic outclass the auris in terms of equipment, interior, drive, the Toyota isn't any more reliable.

The terra model is also quite basic, no aircon, windey windows in the back etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-zetec-1-6-tdci-09/10365495

Apologise for dragging up a year old thread.
    Passed by this place today and spotted a few fords which I'm on the lookout for. The one linked above caughty eye would be on budget, anyone know anything about kmm motors?
    No sign outside I just happened upon the cars via donedeal.
    Ive done a quick Google of the car reg and I spotted it doesn't say it's been exported. Should that send off alarm bells?
    Solocheck tells me the company's been dissolved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The advert is 63 days old, maybe they are gone.

<snip>

I wonder how many laps of 94k miles that Focus has actually done too. :D

tis a bargain though.

Boot door looks off a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

<snip>

There's one or two on shiel motors website, and mellotte motors ( I'm looking Galway side mainly TBH) that are similar. Might be better off sticking with someone more... established

Run away quite fast.

What's up with them wing mirrors and door handles? They should be colour coded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Look up the company on solocheck and google the owner and you will come across some of the previous media coverage. Avoid.

UK base spec Focus.

Even at that, seen some with non colour coded handles, but never heard of or seen a mk2.5 with non colour coded mirrors.

Panthro wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-zetec-1-6-tdci-09/10365495

Apologise for dragging up a year old thread.
    Passed by this place today and spotted a few fords which I'm on the lookout for. The one linked above caughty eye would be on budget, anyone know anything about kmm motors?
    No sign outside I just happened upon the cars via donedeal.
    Ive done a quick Google of the car reg and I spotted it doesn't say it's been exported. Should that send off alarm bells?
    Solocheck tells me the company's been dissolved

Avoid. I bought a car from him last year. Had a problem with the car as soon as I bought the car . Ignored my calls . The man won't be at the place unless you ring ahead. He wont sent me out my logbook either . So had to ring shannon office to sort that mess . Avoid

Even at that, seen some with non colour coded handles, but never heard of or seen a mk2.5 with non colour coded mirrors.

I've seen a few similar UK Focus models with that spec before. Of course being an ex police fleet car it's quite possible that it was a custom fleet spec for the UK police. Similar to what our Gardai got here from the likes of Ford, Toyota and Hyundai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Panthro wrote: »
    Jesus colm, you're eagle eyed!
    So the gist is avoid yeah?!

There's one or two on shiel motors website, and mellotte motors ( I'm looking Galway side mainly TBH) that are similar. Might be better off sticking with someone more... established

Is shiel motors a good established garage ? I seen one or 2 cars that I would be interested in but from the midlands and have never heard of this place or know anyone who has personal experience dealing with them.

if you mean T Sheils. (Ennis and Limerick) They've been a main Ford dealer since God was a boy. They added on Honda and Mitsubishi dealerships after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    if you mean T Sheils. (Ennis and Limerick) They've been a main Ford dealer since God was a boy. They added on Honda and Mitsubishi dealerships after.
    Shiels Motor Ballinasloe is who I am referring to

They're around 11 years so they can't be too bad.
    Have put heard anything good or bad about them.

Advertisement