Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 day free PSN trail that came with Destiny = Driving me up the wall

Options
  • 31-07-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Just got my PS4 a few days ago, never used a PS+ trial in the past.

Tried the redeem code, didn't work, rang Sony, adviser confirmed code was fine and asked to try on their website instead. Tried website, same thing, rang again, was told you need to have a Credit Card on account for free trial to work. Tried adding card, wont accept address despite it being the same as my old card that worked fine on PSN before they were hacked in 2011 but has long expired. Rang Sony a 3rd time, automated message said hold time was 10 minutes, 15 minutes later, told they close at 8:30.

Jesus Sony, don't make it easy for me whatever you do :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's only for new subscribers. If you subscribed before and I think even if you had a free trial then you are out of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's only for new subscribers. If you subscribed before and I think even if you had a free trial then you are out of luck.

But I am new, as I said above, first PS4 and never signed up for PS+ on any Sony console prior.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

J0hnick wrote: »
    But I am new, as I said above, first PS4 and never signed up for PS+ on any Sony console prior.
    J0hnick wrote: »
    my old card that worked fine on PSN
    But you have used PSN before? Isn't PS+ just the premium version of PSN?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

When they told you that you needed a CC on the account to activate PS+, I'm fairly certain they meant a valid one, not an expired one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If you had your old card on PSN before and let it lapse out, didn't renew your sub, the card won't be allowed back on the service....

MS do something similar, if you don't pay your sub after a 3 attempts the card is blacklisted from the servers...

• Advertisement
Advertisement