Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to fix a leaky gutter (that was done badly first time round I think...)

Options
  • 31-07-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

Rain rain go away!!!!

ok so a couple of years ago, someone (who will remain nameless!!) *embarrassed face* employed the services of someone who knocked on the front door to "fix" the guttering on the roof.

Anyhoo since then the guttering has leaked.

Is it a roofing company I am looking for???

At this point I think I am looking for either the gutter leak to be repaired or the whole gutter (it's at the back) to be replaced.
    What do y'all think?

How much do you reckon it will cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Depending on what damage said traveling merchant done in the first place (bastids)
    Hopefully it's just simple repositioning and sealing
    They're straightforward enough not to much to go wrong
    A lad woud be covered @ 175€ for the day plus what ever parts have to be bought
    Or could be a ten min job 50€ and a cuppa tae would cover the call out
    Maybe a few pics would give a better idea of what's involved

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Thanks!

I think it's leaking around the 3 pieces there. And I think my dad may have tried do a repair job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

clean it out on the inside around the joint and when done put a bit of flashband or similar across it.

I am in North county so if u PM me where u are I have a roll of stuff that I will cut you off a piece and leave it somewhere for you

The similar I have is 5 euro a meter and is life time job

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

clean it out on the inside around the joint and when done put a bit of flashband or similar across it.

I am in North county so if u PM me where u are I have a roll of stuff that I will cut you off a piece and leave it somewhere for you

Flash band would be awkward enough to get a water tight seal at the joint
    If it were mine ,disassemble the joint clean and dry all the gunk out including the black silicone check the rubber seals are in tact apply white tec 7 ,stick all,ct1,evo007 or similar high performance all weather adhesive/sealer just in front and behind the rubber seals at the joining price then reassemble the joint preferably when it's dry out for an hour let the seeks my cure fully job done
    1 hour tops price? God knows you could be lucky get someone from / working in the area 50€ shoud cover it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Thanks all!

Glad to hear it doesn't need to be totally replaced.

My dad has talked about doing what you describe above...problem is him actually coming and doing it...and it not raining!

I am definitely going to try get someone local to do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement